This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should SG1 & SGA Cast be in SGU???

I noticed in the pilot of Stargate Atlantis, they brought Jack O'Neill and Daniel to introduce the show, connecting both SG1 and SGA shows, as well as Sam Carter being in a few episodes.

Do you think, any of the cast of SG1 or SGA should be in Stargate Universe to introduce it, or just a new fresh start, in which the show would stay clear of the previous shows.

I personally think, the cast of both shows should be in at least a few, let along the first. (Just my thoughts).
    ~I am Replicator Jade and was built by Replicator Sam~

Maybe in the pilot episode and to only bridge the gap... for SGU to be totally new and unique i think we partly need to loose old ties to let it grow on its own. Plus i cant really see how they would work being in any other episode besides the pilot... have you not read the plot synopsis?

So far im dubious about it but im not going to make any radical judgments until i view the pilot.
    Islanded In A Stream Of Stars...

Cavil - The Artist Formerly Known As Crais

sigpic

Comment

I can't see why anyone from Atlantis would be in the pilot or the series full stop. As if we consider the fact that their jobs remain in the Pegasus galaxy, be we no longer watch what they do, but they are there working. Then they wouldn't have any place in the new series whether it is a cameo or otherwise. Unless they decided to transfer Sheppard, Lorne or McKay, even Lazlenka to that post. Which is unlikely as they would be wanted to remain in their current roles keepign Atlantis running.

I could see someone from the SG1 being there. For example Carter or O'Neill. O'Neill for the briefing of the mission, Carter to maybe give a brief look at the ship and the technology. Daniel as an outsider maybe for the mythology part. But in reality, I can't see either cast being put in place, especially Atlantis' crew.
      sigpic

Comment

preferrably oneill, daniel, mckay, and ronon

Comment

Ronon is unlikely as why would he be based on a ship?

Wouldn't fit with his skills base, plus with the actor not being committed to Atlantis before it was canceled, would be a reason against it. I'd rather see Teal'q than Ronon personally as he could at least last on the ship, ronon probably couldn't.
          sigpic

Comment

not ON it, in the pilot

Comment

Didn't someone (Brad Wright or Joe Moe) say that they had some sneaky way to get in appearances from Daniel and/or Rodney?

I think they will want Jack and/or Daniel in the pilot, to pull in viewers. Rodney is another possibility, but unless he Destiny is reached via the Pegasus Galaxy, it will be more difficult to write a reason for him to be there.

It will depend on who tptb can get to appear. When Atlantis started RDA and MS were still working on SG1, so it would have been easy to get them on set for ATL. Now that both SG1 and ATL have finished all the actors will be off doing other things, they may not be available to fit in with the filming schedule for SGU, even if they are asked.

I'm sure if tptb get any of regular SG1 or ATL cast to appear, we will hear all about it.

JJ

Comment

In the Pilot, I presume someone needs to figure out how to use the 9th chevron, and what it's for. I could see that being someone from SG-1 or SGA...carter and daniel perhaps?
                sigpic
                FOX Network

Comment

Carter, Daniel and Landry would be the most logical choices.
                  Jack: Good morning campers!

The Answer To 1984 Is 1776!

Comment

Yeah, that does kind of make scene that only sg1 cast members could be in the pilot.

Thanks for your responces people!
                    ~I am Replicator Jade and was built by Replicator Sam~

Comment

My bet is that if anybody shows up from SG1/SGA in the pilot for SGU, it will be Carter. The writers/producers *love* her.

Comment

Originally posted by prion View Post
                        My bet is that if anybody shows up from SG1/SGA in the pilot for SGU, it will be Carter. The writers/producers *love* her.
                        Ba'al's Host should be in the series. Continuum left the door open for Ba'al or the host. I think having a character who was used to getting his own way, and with all that knowledge about the past 2000 years would be a very interesting counterpoint for the lead character.
                        Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ReplicatorJade View Post
                          I noticed in the pilot of Stargate Atlantis, they brought Jack O'Neill and Daniel to introduce the show, connecting both SG1 and SGA shows, as well as Sam Carter being in a few episodes.

Do you think, any of the cast of SG1 or SGA should be in Stargate Universe to introduce it, or just a new fresh start, in which the show would stay clear of the previous shows.

I personally think, the cast of both shows should be in at least a few, let along the first. (Just my thoughts).
                          maybe in the pilot depending on how brad and rob decide how to use the 9th Chevy
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I'm sure Rodney comes back to Earth every now and again and might do some consulting on a bit of tech if needed. It could very well be that they find some bit of info in the Atlantis database that leads them to where the Destiny is resting.
                            sigpic

Comment

It seems only logical to have SG-1 (if SGU starts from the Milky Way) or SGA (if it starts from the Pegasus galaxy) characters appear in the pilot. But after that, and despite the "clever idea" Joe Mallozzi mentioned that would allow for crossovers, I think it would be a bad idea. It doesn't work well in SGA, and I already feel sorry for future SGU fans if TPTB force SG-1 or SGA characters upon their throat. Things would be different if one of SG-1/SGA characters is joining the crew from the start, though, but then, this character probably could not appear in future SG-1/SGA films, which is not good either. So, except in the pilot, I think it's better if not (or only cameo-sized).
                              My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                              Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X