The teleportation device

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The teleportation device

In Tracker, the runner has a teleportation device that he says that he got on a world with "a lot of technology." It looks fairly cybernetic and he says it bonded to his arm, but not like anything Alteran or Wraith or Traveller. It looks a bit too organic to be from our new friends in First Contact, but could fit in fine with what we saw of the DV aliens.
    sigpic

I dont think it looks like the DV aliens at all.

They were fairly boring in terms of technology.

They had that carrier ship similar to the 304's. Looked like green energy shots like the Wraith. And used swarms of fighters like the Wraith to overwhelm the enemy.

I have a little theory that it freezes time for a short burst and doesn't actually teleport you.
    Visit my Website

Comment

If if freezes time, that still doesn't help them get up the cliff that they did.

The DV aliens had a buch of machines implanted in them. A device that bonds to it's user seems pretty similar.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
        In Tracker, the runner has a teleportation device that he says that he got on a world with "a lot of technology." It looks fairly cybernetic and he says it bonded to his arm, but not like anything Alteran or Wraith or Traveller. It looks a bit too organic to be from our new friends in First Contact, but could fit in fine with what we saw of the DV aliens.
        i dont know, how about the sodan cloaking device. they both have a crystal that looks th same plus they are both ralatively compact and fit on your arm. and it would make sense the ancients would build something like this, after all it would be very effective to fight the wraith or escape from them. it might have been a prototype of some kind that somebody found in a secret ancient lab or something and maybe that planet was some secret technology trading center like a pegasus black market.

and on a side note, it would have been awsome if there were such a place and we stumbled across it and made an episode outta it. but with atlantis drwing to a close, episodes like that will never be made... its so sad
        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

But remember in Ghost In The Machine. Dr. Weir said that there was many technologicaly advanced worlds in the Peagus Galaxy.

Comment

the last time we saw something that fused with the body was in upgrade,
            maybe........

KEEP IT CLEAN
            Alternate BAMSR:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNCunG0llLk
            Halo Alpha Centauri trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eb5po1zQE1k

Comment

Originally posted by ManiacMike View Post
              I dont think it looks like the DV aliens at all.

They were fairly boring in terms of technology.

They had that carrier ship similar to the 304's. Looked like green energy shots like the Wraith. And used swarms of fighters like the Wraith to overwhelm the enemy.

I have a little theory that it freezes time for a short burst and doesn't actually teleport you.
              You wanna say he moved really fast...
              Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
              If if freezes time, that still doesn't help them get up the cliff that they did.

The DV aliens had a buch of machines implanted in them. A device that bonds to it's user seems pretty similar.
              But your right, that doesn't explain how did he done that magic trick, to get up the cliff. So it's a teleportation device, because it can bound time & space.
              The enemy of my enemy it's still my enemy.
              Spoiler:
              Originally posted by Karhedron
              I think the thing with the Quantum mirror and The 6th Race would rather result in a thread like

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't like the Asgard .

Whoever made the Quantum mirror doesn't seem to have a lot of respect for the Asgard. They were just making it so they could snub their noses at them from several dimensions. They might have been powerful but their lack of respect for our off-world allies is astonishing.

http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/7...3095364gi3.png

Comment

Originally posted by SuperBabay View Post
                So it's a teleportation device, because it can bound time & space.
                I agree.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Woden View Post
                  I agree.
                  Yes, it's not a leap of faith.

Comment

No idea on who made it. Doesnt look like the DV aliens tech as that had a different colour scheme to it though thats speculation on my part.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                      and on a side note, it would have been awsome if there were such a place and we stumbled across it and made an episode outta it. but with atlantis drwing to a close, episodes like that will never be made... its so sad
                      I agree, it would have been nice. But if the runner was there, doesn't that mean the Wraith were there too ? So they might have gotten their hands on all that advanced tech... or destroyed it. So there's probably nothing left there.

Comment

But for it to be a teleportation device it would need some sort of neural interface or else its reading his mind from his arm.
                        Visit my Website

Comment

You mean like gould hand devices or ancient shield? There are nerves throughout all he body, including and especialy skin, the neural interface for advanced tech is not only unsurprising, but expected, to me atleast.

Covering up scandals and keeping secrets is almost a racial trait.

Isn't it funny how the word 'politics' is made up of the words 'poli' meaning 'many' in Latin, and 'tics' as in 'bloodsucking creatures’?

Comment

I thought it looked very similar to the strength devices Anise asked SG-1 to try in "Upgrades." Perhaps from the same group, or a Pegasus offshoot of them?
                            ~~~~~ Meant to Be ~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by Andru10 View Post
                              I agree, it would have been nice. But if the runner was there, doesn't that mean the Wraith were there too ? So they might have gotten their hands on all that advanced tech... or destroyed it. So there's probably nothing left there.
                              It's possible he didn't stay long enough for the Wraith to follow him there. If he moved on quickly they might not have bothered to send anyone to planet to check it out after he left. But if they did check the planet out, then it depends on how many resources those tracking him have and how united they are with other Wraith. The planet might be too advanced for them to take down without working together with other factions or it could be that hunters in general are a fringe group that aren't part of any significant alliance and the planet the device came from is too advanced for them to conquer on their own. Which would go along some speculation I've long had about them being group of male outcasts, but unfortunately we know next to nothing about the hunter culture among Wraith.

Comment

Working...
                              X