• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Universe - Casting Call

From SpoilerTV:

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2008/0...ting-call.html

Opinions, anyone?

Looks for me like there is about zero crew members I could identify with.
    The cake is a lie!

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
    From SpoilerTV:

http://spoilertv.blogspot.com/2008/0...ting-call.html

Opinions, anyone?

Looks for me like there is about zero crew members I could identify with.
    If thats ture then i am rather disappointed. None of those characters sound interesting and most of them sound extremely cliched.

Comment

Here is what it says for future reference

Spoiler:
      EXEC PROD/WRTR, Brad Wright, Robert Cooper.
      Shoot Dates: February 4, 2009 (in Vancouver, Canada).

Colonel Everett Young
      40's handsome, capable, former SG team leader. Like the Jack O'Neill of ten years ago, but Young's edges have tended to sharpen over time. He requested permission to serve the remainder of his commission on Earth upon marrying his wife, Hailey, two years ago, but for now he's temporary commander of a secret off world base. The loss of two members of his team several years ago has taught him never to take anything for granted, and be prepared for anything. He stays on top of his team so they stay alive. STAR NAMES ONLY. SERIES REGULAR;

Tamara Jon
      20-25, all ethnicities (Asian Preferably). SGC Field medic, Captain grade. Off world experience. Beautiful, tough, smart, capable. Paramedic level training. Able to triage serious injury. Modest background. Dreamed of being a doctor but couldn't afford medical school and the Air Force was her best option. She ends up being the most medically inclined person on the ship but is overwhelmed by the lack of knowledge and experience treating seriously wounded and ill patients. She also lacks the medicine and supplies and has to make do. SERIES REGULAR;

Chloe Carpenter
      20ish. Stunning and sexy. Daughter of a U.S. Senator. Silver spoon upbringing and a little spoiled but not stupid either. Politically and socially savvy. Dreams of following in her father's footsteps but for now she's a bit of a party girl in her first year at an Ivy League school. Her father's tragic death and the dire circumstances of being trapped on a spaceship seriously tests her character. SERIES REGULAR;

Eli Hitchcock
      20-25. Total slacker. Utter genius. Mathematics, computers, anything he puts his mind to. Acerbic sense of humor. A social outcast. Comes from a broken home. Lacks confidence because his true intelligence has never really been recognized like Matt Damon's character from Good Will Hunting with a little Jack Black thrown in sptv050769. SERIES REGULAR;

Lt. Jared Nash
      20-25. Junior SGC team member. Officer material but green and rough around the edges. Every teenage girl's fantasy. Like a college quarterback thrown into his first pro game, he is thrust into the role of leader well before he's ready for the responsibility and must learn to take command, earn respect through action, and manage the diverse personalities on the ship to keep everyone alive. Like Jason Bourne, he is skilled and well-trained however he is mentally unprepared for the urgency of the situation. SERIES REGULAR;

Ron "Psycho" Stasiak
      20, all ethnicities. Marine. Big, strong, silent. You want him on your side. You don't want him mad at you. Lacks control over his temper in non combat situations. His past is a mystery but it's clear something dark formed the hard shell around him. Yet, there must also be some moral center because otherwise he'd kill everyone around him. Think Eric Bana's character "Hoot" in Blackhawk Down. SERIES REGULAR.

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
        If thats ture then i am rather disappointed. None of those characters sound interesting and most of them sound extremely cliched.

all casting calls look like that, its just a quick background information for actors to get into character for the audition. that might not necessarily be their background.

Comment

Colonel Everett Young
          40's handsome, capable, former SG team leader. Like the Jack O'Neill of ten years ago, but Young's edges have tended to sharpen over time. He requested permission to serve the remainder of his commission on Earth upon marrying his wife, Hailey, two years ago, but for now he's temporary commander of a secret off world base. The loss of two members of his team several years ago has taught him never to take anything for granted, and be prepared for anything. He stays on top of his team so they stay alive. STAR NAMES ONLY. SERIES REGULAR;
          Yeah I think O'neill losing his son was a tad of a darker background.

Tamara Jon
          20-25, all ethnicities (Asian Preferably). SGC Field medic, Captain grade. Off world experience. Beautiful, tough, smart, capable. Paramedic level training. Able to triage serious injury. Modest background. Dreamed of being a doctor but couldn't afford medical school and the Air Force was her best option. She ends up being the most medically inclined person on the ship but is overwhelmed by the lack of knowledge and experience treating seriously wounded and ill patients. She also lacks the medicine and supplies and has to make do. SERIES REGULAR;
          This one sounds interesting, she'll likely get Forded by the 2nd season.

Chloe Carpenter
          20ish. Stunning and sexy. Daughter of a U.S. Senator. Silver spoon upbringing and a little spoiled but not stupid either. Politically and socially savvy. Dreams of following in her father's footsteps but for now she's a bit of a party girl in her first year at an Ivy League school. Her father's tragic death and the dire circumstances of being trapped on a spaceship seriously tests her character. SERIES REGULAR;
          Party girl huh? Wow I wonder if the rest of the cast will be invited to the pants party.

Eli Hitchcock
          20-25. Total slacker. Utter genius. Mathematics, computers, anything he puts his mind to. Acerbic sense of humor. A social outcast. Comes from a broken home. Lacks confidence because his true intelligence has never really been recognized like Matt Damon's character from Good Will Hunting with a little Jack Black thrown in sptv050769. SERIES REGULAR;
          Jack Black? So we are going into the Nacho Libre School of Rock Stargate Era?

Lt. Jared Nash
          20-25. Junior SGC team member. Officer material but green and rough around the edges. Every teenage girl's fantasy. Like a college quarterback thrown into his first pro game, he is thrust into the role of leader well before he's ready for the responsibility and must learn to take command, earn respect through action, and manage the diverse personalities on the ship to keep everyone alive. Like Jason Bourne, he is skilled and well-trained however he is mentally unprepared for the urgency of the situation. SERIES REGULAR;
          The bold part truly scares me.

Ron "Psycho" Stasiak
          20, all ethnicities. Marine. Big, strong, silent. You want him on your side. You don't want him mad at you. Lacks control over his temper in non combat situations. His past is a mystery but it's clear something dark formed the hard shell around him. Yet, there must also be some moral center because otherwise he'd kill everyone around him. Think Eric Bana's character "Hoot" in Blackhawk Down. SERIES REGULAR.
          Um Teal'c or Ronon anyone?
          sigpic

Comment

only one this can possibly save us now... get rid of the chloe or however her name is spelled she has "the OC" written all over her
            sigpic

Comment

I must admit that my expectations for SGU have dropped. Upon reading the characters that will be in Universe, I must say that my hopes for this show have just gone the way of the dodo. All the characters are so cliched, and the Chloe Carpenter character almost made me throw up. "20ish. Stunning and sexy. Daughter of a U.S. Senator. Silver spoon upbringing and a little spoiled but not stupid either...." need I go on? I initially believed that Brad Wright or anyone else heading SGU weren't going to make into some sappy teen drama thing, but now I'm really pissed. I really hope this is only a rumor or someone messing with us, because I seriously can't see SGU being more than Stargate: 90210 now. This totally sucks!
              Last edited by Xylian; 17 September 2008, 03:44 PM.
              Jack: Good morning campers!

The Answer To 1984 Is 1776!

Comment

Originally posted by Drizzt Do'Urden View Post
                only one this can possibly save us now... get rid of the chloe or however her name is spelled she has "the OC" written all over her
                It's scary because every regular of Stargate has started above 25 years old. I think Michael Shanks was the youngest next to Jason Momoa.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                  It's scary because every regular of Stargate has started above 25 years old. I think Michael Shanks was the youngest next to Jason Momoa.

I know i'm being pessimistic but i seriously hope she goes the way of ford... before the show evven starts if they got rid of her and the one who's supposed to be "like a college quarterback in his first game" then the show might be salvagable IMO
                  sigpic

Comment

For now, I'm not really going to judge things. The team leader interests me a bit, and the others, well, I'll wait for more information on. Once things are a little more official.
                    sigpic
                    MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                    "...phu...ah..."
                    "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                    Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
                      Yes. Shanks was 28, Chris Judge 33 and Amanda Tapping 32.

What I don't like is the spin at the beginning of this segment on Gateworld which asks fans to remember...

(Keep in mind that when Stargate SG-1 began in 1997, Michael Shanks, Christopher Judge, and Amanda Tapping were also in their twenties.)
                      That's not accurate by any means.

Comment

Originally posted by Xylian View Post
                        ... that my expectations for SGU have dropped. Upon reading the characters that will be in Universe, I must say that my hopes for this show have just gone the way of the dodo. All the characters are so cliched, and the Chloe Carpenter character almost made me throw up. "20ish. Stunning and sexy. Daughter of a U.S. Senator. Silver spoon upbringing and a little spoiled but not stupid either...." need I go on? I initially believed that Brad Wright or anyone else heading SGU weren't going to make into some sappy teen drama thing, but now I'm really pissed. I really hope this is only a rumor or someone messing with us, because I seriously can't see SGU being more than Stargate: 90210 now.
                        I am still not ready to jump to that conclusion. I want to actually see these people interact on-screen before I judge anything too harshly.
                        sigpic
                        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                        "...phu...ah..."
                        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

To be fair, the casts of both SG-1 and Atlantis probably sounded just as "cliché" from their casting sides.

Comment

This cast sounds just wrong and ages too young. Ford didn't work out. Now they have 5 of them...
                            The cake is a lie!

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
                              To be fair, the casts of both SG-1 and Atlantis probably sounded just as "cliché" from their casting sides.
                              Yes I"m sure they did. But seriously, couldn't they have worked a little harder to make it sound less like 90210? I mean, come on, PARTY GAL in space??

Originally posted by iolanda View Post
                              This cast sounds just wrong and ages too young. Ford didn't work out. Now they have 5 of them...
                              Agreed.

Comment

Working...
                              X