Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm trying very hard to not just say "Universe = crap" until at least the pilot, but dude, come on. I know general character descriptions are also supposed to be short and to the point, but DUUUUUUUUUUDE. This really doesn't help.

ALSO - Based upon the Lt. Jared Nash description, one could infer that the Colonel [unfortunately] dies a la Sumner in Atlantis. Not too original there. If so, dude, Lt.? This seems like a total cluster right now.

Comment

Oh good grief.

This is a train wreck waiting to happen!!!!!

I thought about the spoof bit from 200 as well. This just seems to idiotic for words.

Comment

My first though was "this is a joke" - but then it was approved for translation for our news site. Still hope that someone played a (bad) joke there.
        The cake is a lie!

Comment

I just did some research, and here are the ages of the cast when they started...

(SG-1 1997)
          Richard Dean Anderson - 47
          Michael Shanks - 28
          Amanda Tapping - 32
          Christopher Judge - 33

(SGA 2004)

Joe Flanigan - 37
          David Hewlett - 36
          Torri Higginson - 35
          Rachel Luttrell - 33
          Rainbow Sun Francks - 25
          Paul Mcgillion - 35
          sigpic

Comment

Dude, seriously, the just need to make a show with Amanda Tapping, David Hewlett, and Jewel Staite. One, some, or all of them said that they were joking about doing a musical or something similar while filming Trio.

Trio musical = GOLDEN NAQUIDA!!!!!!!!!!

Based upon these descriptions: Universe = [the moon] Netu

Comment

Originally posted by Briangate78 View Post
              I just did some research, and here are the ages of the cast when they started...

(SG-1 1997)
              Michael Shanks - 28
              Amanda Tapping - 32
              Christopher Judge - 33

(SGA 2004)

Joe Flanigan - 37
              David Hewlett - 36
              Torri Higginson - 35
              Rachel Luttrell - 33
              Rainbow Sun Francks - 25
              Paul Mcgillion - 35
              WOW! Flanigan is older than I would have thought.

Comment

I really want to give SGU a chance, but this casting really just adds more doubts to me. I mean it's ok if one or two characters are younger, but you need that 30 year and 40 year old characters to establish a maturity base. Why do you think SGA and SG-1 worked so well? You have people in their 20's 30's and 40's. It has a wide range for a wide audience.

It makes me laugh since SGA is increasing in young age demos. I swear SCI FI and MGM are really taking a risk with this.
                they're going to lose audience, no doubt. I don't of many fans who want to watch a 20-year-old marine who loses his tempo and is nicknamed 'psycho'. if i watch to watch genius slackers, hell, i'll watch Big Bang THeory (not that they're slackers, but they're very amusing geniuses)

I'd love to think this casting information is a joke, but it's not, which really makes me wonder what's happened to the brain cells of the producers. No, really. I mean, the most popular characters on SG1/SGA were all in their 30s/40s and heck, even into their 50s (O'Neill).

Of course, they can pay the new cast peanuts to work. Unless ACTRA strikes.

Comment

With this cast i now realise more than ever that this show NEEDS Rodney McKay in order for it to work. No offence to David Hewlett but he isnt young or sexy and i think he would provide a much needed viewpoint aswell as giving Stargate Universe abit more credibility.

Comment

(SG-1 1997)
                    Michael Shanks - 28
                    Amanda Tapping - 32
                    Christopher Judge - 33

(SGA 2004)

Joe Flanigan - 37
                    David Hewlett - 36
                    Torri Higginson - 35
                    Rachel Luttrell - 33
                    Rainbow Sun Francks - 25
                    Paul Mcgillion - 35
                    Thanks, I didn't think that assertion that Shanks, Tapping and Judge were in their 20s was right. I don't want to watch kids running around space blowing things up like it's a game. I like my veteran-ish actors!
                    sigpic

Comment

Ron "Psycho" Stasiak
                      20, all ethnicities. Marine. Big, strong, silent. You want him on your side. You don't want him mad at you. Lacks control over his temper in non combat situations. His past is a mystery but it's clear something dark formed the hard shell around him. Yet, there must also be some moral center because otherwise he'd kill everyone around him. Think Eric Bana's character "Hoot" in Blackhawk Down. SERIES REGULAR.
                      Oy... at 20 years old this character has only been in the Corp for 2 years. Extremely green. Makes sense that he loses his temper. He's young and doesn't have a lot of experience.

"Hoot" from Blackhawk Down was a season veteran and a Delta Operator (Delta Force/Army Special Forces/Counter Terrorist Unit)and probably a SGT at or SSGT at the time of that Movie. I don't see how they'll make "Psycho" like this one. One is an efficient special forces soldier while the other is just raw emmotion with no experience... just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                        Agreed 100%. He could pass for 35 easy. It's all in the genes!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon 304 View Post
                          Yeah, I was surprised as well.

Originally posted by prion View Post
                          they're going to lose audience, no doubt. I don't of many fans who want to watch a 20-year-old marine who loses his tempo and is nicknamed 'psycho'. if i watch to watch genius slackers, hell, i'll watch Big Bang THeory (not that they're slackers, but they're very amusing geniuses)

I'd love to think this casting information is a joke, but it's not, which really makes me wonder what's happened to the brain cells of the producers. No, really. I mean, the most popular characters on SG1/SGA were all in their 30s/40s and heck, even into their 50s (O'Neill).

Of course, they can pay the new cast peanuts to work. Unless ACTRA strikes.
                          Notice the words , Young, Green, Slacker, Party, Teenage, Handsome, Cute, and Sexy. This is a recipe for disaster.

Eureka for an example is geared toward a slightly older audeince and yet they have the highest Ratings on SCI FI. SGA is not that far behind them and they also have higher young demos than Eureka. So, I am very confuzzled.
                          sigpic

Comment

On second thoughts this HAS to be a joke right? I mean this is too unbelievably ridiculous for words......what's the Colonel going to do for discipline. Detentions?

Comment

Originally posted by ykickamoocow View Post
                              With this cast i now realise more than ever that this show NEEDS Rodney McKay in order for it to work. No offence to David Hewlett but he isnt young or sexy and i think he would provide a much needed viewpoint aswell as giving Stargate Universe abit more credibility.
                              No, because then he wouldn't be on a good show/movie series.

Comment

Originally posted by Arica15 View Post
                                On second thoughts this HAS to be a joke right? I mean this is too unbelievably ridiculous for words......what's the Colonel going to do for discipline. Detentions?
                                That is the funniest part, it likely is not a joke. Tell me you wouldn't rather have another season of Atlantis?

I think a lot of the Pro and Antis from Atlantis are going to become one in the coming months.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X