This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New writers for SGU thread

Since there's already a 'Universe casting ideas' topic, and considering Stargate as a whole desperately needs some shred of creativity, I decided to start this thread, so you can post which new writers you'd like to see working for SGU.

Anyone who wrote for The 4400 or BSG would be great for me, assuming they are still available, that is. I also think TPTB should hire some female writers to flesh out SGU's female characters.

Out with the old and in with the new!
    sigpic

Jane Espenson, Mark Verheiden, David Kemper (he wrote 'There But For The Grace Of God', though) and Ron D. Moore himself.

I realize RDM would be damn near impossible.
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
      Jane Espenson
      I'd be for that. Aside from The Hub, I haven't really been a fan of her BSG stuff, but she wrote some of my favourite episodes of Buffy... Guess you can only work with what you're given.

Comment

Originally posted by Naonak View Post
        I'd be for that. Aside from The Hub, I haven't really been a fan of her BSG stuff, but she wrote some of my favourite episodes of Buffy... Guess you can only work with what you're given.
        I've thought her BSG stuff has been decent, but 'The Hub' is definitely, definitely her strongest piece.
        If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Joss Whedon

Comment

It doesn't matter who writes this show. I won't watch it. That is what the franchise is expecting from everyone, but if you are upset Atlantis was canceled you should not watch to send a message.

Comment

Of course it does. Talented writers are the difference between SGA and a good show.

Now, back on topic, please
              sigpic

Comment

I know it's only plain wishful thinking...but Joss Whedon would be SO cool.

Comment

How about RTD, if he is not too busy with Dr. Who and its spin offs

Comment

Originally posted by lindagagne View Post
                    It doesn't matter who writes this show. I won't watch it. That is what the franchise is expecting from everyone, but if you are upset Atlantis was canceled you should not watch to send a message.
                    That's the equivalent of a baby spitting out his dummy, I can't believe anyone would actually admit to it.

Comment

.....so get another stargate show cancelled? Great message! Oh, hehe, SGU will have enough viewers even without the few who wont watch it. So go ahead...miss a great show.

Joss Wheadon would be great, or anyone who had to write Angel/Buffy. But thats all I can think of...

Comment

And what message is that, end the stargate franchise, stop making movies, and let stargate die.. wooo Great message you are sending there.
                        Wow all these people who think they know how bad the show is going to be before it even airs, they've written scrips or actors have been chosen.
                        I'm gonna miss SG1..
                        Season 10, Simply amazing... Bring on the movies

The ori are going down!!!

Comment

George Lucas would be good if they could get him!
                          The BC-304... Just Try And Stop Us Now!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bobby View Post
                            George Lucas would be good if they could get him!
                            Ack! Not for me!

Comment

Espenson would be amazing. The Hub is one of the episodes I find myself rewatching over and over.

RDM is too serious and mature for most things Stargate, and would thus not go anywhere near SGU.

Naonak, your sig is now one of the greatest on Gateworld. DS9 is horribly underrated, and easily laid the groundwork for the greatness that is the reimagined BSG.

I like to have a line between every second sentence.
                              Forum insight in 1 click!

Comment

Working...
                              X