This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wraith's Demise

The wraith are quite different from the Ori and the Goa'uld in that they are essentially not evil. Therefore the only real way to end the wraith storyline is pease between wraith and humans not their inihilation. Could this be the plot behind the SGA movie? Could major characters be opposed to it? Todd, Michael, Ronon?

What do you think: Ronan goes crazy because of wraith peace-talks and threatens peace in the Pegasus Galaxy?

I'm not sure if it'll be the plot, but
    Spoiler:
    I would think the gene therapy storyline was started for a reason. I just hope the S5 finale doesn't turn Todd in to the villain in the SGA movie (for one, it'd be a waste). If that happens, then there's pretty much no chance for "peace" because he's the only wraith that's been willing to cooperate with humans.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
      I'm not sure if it'll be the plot, but
      Spoiler:
      I would think the gene therapy storyline was started for a reason. I just hope the S5 finale doesn't turn Todd in to the villain in the SGA movie (for one, it'd be a waste). If that happens, then there's pretty much no chance for "peace" because he's the only wraith that's been willing to cooperate with humans.
      I always wanted Todd to join Atlantis and become a regular part of the team. that would have been so cool but wasn't possible due to the fact that he had to eat people for a living. but now that there's a cure he could use it on himself and won't need to feed on humans anymore. he would become an outcast of the wraith and join the Atlantis team.
      that would be so cool. but unfortunately that won't happen because of the series ending...

Comment

This is something I felt Darren and I differed greatly on when I listened to the most recent podcast. In his mind, Todd should shape up to become an uber-villain later on, and I would seriously object to that unless the most thought-provoking, intense and downright perfect plot came of it.
        If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
          This is something I felt Darren and I differed greatly on when I listened to the most recent podcast. In his mind, Todd should shape up to become an uber-villain later on, and I would seriously object to that unless the most thought-provoking, intense and downright perfect plot came of it.
          the only thing that would await todd as a full-fledge villain is death. as I said in my first post, that would be a waste. there's more that could be done with the character than just making him another generic "bad guy" for the team to kill.
          Spoiler:
          I can't say it'd surprise me for TPTB just to say "that was his plan all along" though.

Originally posted by AscendedThor View Post
          I always wanted Todd to join Atlantis and become a regular part of the team. that would have been so cool but wasn't possible due to the fact that he had to eat people for a living. but now that there's a cure he could use it on himself and won't need to feed on humans anymore. he would become an outcast of the wraith and join the Atlantis team.
          that would be so cool. but unfortunately that won't happen because of the series ending...
          even if he
          Spoiler:
          takes the treatment,

I don't think I'd want him on the team. I like him as he is now, a gray-area character.
          Last edited by naamiaiset; 19 September 2008, 06:35 AM.

Comment

I personally hope they Wraith dont get destroyed. I wasnt that fond of the Ascended Ori's destruction in Ark of Truth and personally prefered if they were redeemed or went to a higher plane of existence to face true enlightenment or something. Anyway, I so do hope the Wraith survive in a new way.

As for whether Todd could be an ally or villain... I think it could go either way really. Personally, it depends, but I think Michael's storyline should end in a movie. Would be kind of fitting that this menace the team created finally ended in a movie format. Todd... can't say, love the character and hope he survives.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I'm starting to think that by the movie, the Wraith aren't going to be villains anymore.

Comment

Peace is unlikely, as the wraith need to eat and the wraith eat humans. Therefore there can never be peace because Atlantis, nor any of the human worlds would ever agreed to being culled. So there will be no peace, only death, them moving into the background, or finally being turned into humans through the vaccine. So its rather limited in the choice, they either get wiped out, take the vaccine or move into the background were they don't fight Atlantis and just get the food that they need.
                sigpic

Comment

Its fun to think of Todd as a friend and he is an enormously entertaining character, but he has his own goals, and while I don't think he would eliminate Atlantis out of hand, I do believe he would if they got in the way of his own ambitions. I think Todd is Layden Radim all over again, though with much larger implications. He can be an ally, but he will never have goals entirely seperate from those of Atlantis.

Comment

Wraith demise...? Never.
                    I think the "cure" Doctor Keller suggested opens the way to some possible peace between humans and the Wraith. All those still clinging to the old way would be the odd villain. I think the wraiths are still a very respectable force...and if they agreed to the treatment would be a step forward in their own agenda. They are fierce survivors. I love the way their entire technology is organic.
                    As for Todd, the way he manipulates others to fulfil his goals amuses me. And the relationship with the Atlanteans will be always one of convenience, although there is some empathy. But ultimately, he is a survivor. As all Wraith.

I was bored with the Pegasus Replicators and the Ori but I'll miss my over the top cocoon makers, life sucking chums.
                    sigpic
                    Beautiful signature and avatar by Yamiinsane. You're a mind reader!
                    Aristides de Sousa Mendes

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1989 View Post
                      Peace is unlikely, as the wraith need to eat and the wraith eat humans. Therefore there can never be peace because Atlantis, nor any of the human worlds would ever agreed to being culled. So there will be no peace, only death, them moving into the background, or finally being turned into humans through the vaccine. So its rather limited in the choice, they either get wiped out, take the vaccine or move into the background were they don't fight Atlantis and just get the food that they need.
                      They do now, but will they by time the series ends?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                        They do now, but will they by time the series ends?
                        and by series you mean series and movies right?

But what do you think about Ronan's hatred for the wraith being a major issue in the SGA movie?

Comment

Originally posted by DeRoest View Post
                          and by series you mean series and movies right?

But what do you think about Ronan's hatred for the wraith being a major issue in the SGA movie?
                          Nope, just the series.

Comment

Originally posted by DeRoest View Post
                            The wraith are quite different from the Ori and the Goa'uld in that they are essentially not evil. Therefore the only real way to end the wraith storyline is pease between wraith and humans not their inihilation. Could this be the plot behind the SGA movie? Could major characters be opposed to it? Todd, Michael, Ronon?

What do you think: Ronan goes crazy because of wraith peace-talks and threatens peace in the Pegasus Galaxy?

The beauty of finding 'peace' between Wraith and human is that there will never be true peace. The Wraith will fundamentally still be Wraith (even if they feed differently) - they will still be cunning and tricksy and superior. And humans will always hate them deep down inside. THIS can only ADD to the human/Wraith relationship. There would always be challenges and tensions, even among allies. The humans could never completely trust the Wraith, and the Wraith...well...they would always be faced with prejudice and hatred from their new human 'friends'. Tension, tension, tension - and lots and lots of snark - sometimes it's far better than blowing things up.

I think it would be an excellent turn - keeping the Wraith essentially what they are, but without the need to constantly be killing them. That's when you have those great 'moments' between characters/races...times when they realize they really are not that much different from each other, or when they realize that they are VERY different. Either way, it makes for exciting storytelling.

I still have hopes of a Wraith explaining to Rodney the 'facts of life', Wraith-style... It would be nothing less than hilarious!

das
                            sigpic

Comment

I don't see the Wraith ever being totally wiped out, they're just to segmented.
                              There's no way of knowing just how many hives/cruisers that there are out there (that we know of), so even if we managed to take out say 50 or more ships or cure that many there could still be that many that don't even want the treatment or don't get destroyed.
                              There will likely still be some element of hostile Wraith in the Galaxy, unless of course Todd tells us how to track all Wraith by some technological meens or Rodney comes up with some Galactic wide Wraith lifesigns detector and we force the cure upon them or destroy them.
                              I doubt that we'd ever in the near future have a big enough force or fleet of ships to do either.
                              We'll just have to wait to see EATG and the movie for the possible conlusion.

Comment

Working...
                              X