This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinsey...

Does anyone think it's possible that the young girl in the casting call whose US Senator of a Dad died could be Kinsey's daughter??? Yeah I know he was the VP for a while, but just a thought, might be used to tie back to SG1
    Meh.

That would actually be a really good idea. It could resolve the "hunt for Kinsey" storyline.

Comment

I would be for it. Why not?
      sigpic
      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
      "...phu...ah..."
      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
        Does anyone think it's possible that the young girl in the casting call whose US Senator of a Dad died could be Kinsey's daughter??? Yeah I know he was the VP for a while, but just a thought, might be used to tie back to SG1
        Or maybe Kinsey himself could get trapped aboard the Destiny. That would make it really interesting.

What's that? . . . it's been done before? Oh, right . . . Lost in Space. Oh well.
        My timeline of the Ancients here.

Comment

Wow that would actually be pretty good. Would build up a lack of trust between her and other team members if they knew she was his daughter.

Comment

Why would she be Kinsey's daughter? Considering that Kinsey was always condescending and antagonistic, wouldn't that relationship make the audience even more inclined to hate her?
            Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
            Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Originally posted by Khentkawes View Post
              Why would she be Kinsey's daughter? Considering that Kinsey was always condescending and antagonistic, wouldn't that relationship make the audience even more inclined to hate her?
              His wife didn't seem that condescending and antagonistic.

Comment

Move to Vancouver and get writing... NOW!

Comment

Yeah, I thought of that too, although the casting call makes it sound like he died only very recently. I think it would be a great idea, although I still would wonder what she is doing on the Destiny.

Comment

that was my first though aswell, kudos for brainwave sychronisation!! i think it would work, i mean, how else would a random senators daugher get into the stargate pregramme! perhaps she knows too much and the IOA or NID or something are trying to brush her under the rug so to speak!!
                    Spoiler:
                    Disclaimer:
                    I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                    Quotes!
                    - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                    - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                    - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                    sigpic

Comment

Isnt the characters name Chloe Carpenter while Kinsey is the last name for the senator? Unless Carpenter changed her name or something...

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Plus Kinsey is no longer a Senator and it didn't say former Senator or former Vice President. I doubt thats what they have in mind. I suppose they could work it in, but meh, why bother. They could never give it enough time to tie it up properly so why do it half way?

Comment

Would explain how she got on the ship...

Comment

you guys need to remember the casting call is not near concrete, more like rubber. the names will change and so will the backstories. It is just to give an idea to the actors/actresses who are auditioning. Once they have been casted, the writers will rework the names and stories to fit the actors/actresses.

I think Kinsey's kid would be a great idea, I think it was said he had a couple and several grandchildren. Although he is a bit old to have a 20 something child, unless she is adopted? I don't recall but after Kinsey resigned from VP, nothing was mentioned of him, maybe he returned to senate? And it does say, she has to deal with her fathers tragic death, which Kinsey dying wouldn't be all that upsetting to the fans

Comment

I think it would be a pretty good idea as long as they write it well.

And as for it not being the characters current name, Mckay wasn't going to be in Atlantis, I think originally he was going to be asian (long time since I listened to that commentary). They rewrote the pilot once they decided to use David Hewlit, so why wouldnt they consider rewriting SGU

Comment

Working...
                              X