This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate Junior Universe

It's true, Universe is for the next generation....... I personally think that young fans don't last very long, we'll see.

I hope, the story line is the best ever or the old generation won't last very long either (its a shame, I enjoyed Stargate).

Originally posted by annetten View Post
    It's true, Universe is for the next generation....... I personally think that young fans don't last very long, we'll see.

I hope, the story line is the best ever or the old generation won't last very long either (its a shame, I enjoyed Stargate).
    Old fan have a habit of dying though...

Comment

I think you're over-reacting.

If younger audiences didn't stick with shows, a lot of the most successful shows in TV history wouldn't have lasted.
      || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

I am not ready to judge Universe until I have actually seen an episode.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I personally think that young fans don't last very long, we'll see.
          You're right. Eventually young fans become OLD fans and then no one cares about them anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
            You're right. Eventually young fans become OLD fans and then no one cares about them anymore.
            Whoa... I just thought about that one. I started watching SG1 when it was on Showtime and I was 17 at the time. 27's not old...

Comment

Originally posted by Hong3103 View Post
              27's not old...
              You just keep telling yourself that, Gramps.

Comment

After 9 years in the Corp... Yeah I feel old.

SGU is suppose to be a more drama. I just hope its more like BSG than... The Hills.

Comment

I personally think that young fans don't last very long, we'll see.
                  I started watching Stargate Sg-1 when I was 9. I have not missed a single episode of Sg-1 or Atlantis and I won't miss an episode of Universe either. I'll be a Stargate fan for life.

Comment

Yeah i will be a fan for life to i think what ever they bring out will be cool just need faith people..

Im looking forward to stargate universe and looking forward to all the movies to that come out...

Comment

for TPTB it wont matter if all old fans leave. as long as there are younger fans. not teens. they say the average watcher is 40. for SGU, they would like 30's. not 11 year old kids.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        for TPTB it wont matter if all old fans leave. as long as there are younger fans. not teens. they say the average watcher is 40. for SGU, they would like 30's. not 11 year old kids.
                        that's what i'm hoping for, i think our best hope is that SGU aims to pick up the fanbase BSG is leaving behind.
                        Spoiler:
                        Disclaimer:
                        I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
                        Quotes!
                        - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
                        - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
                        - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Shan Bruce Lee View Post
                          I think you're over-reacting.

If younger audiences didn't stick with shows, a lot of the most successful shows in TV history wouldn't have lasted.
                          You overlook, history is changing. The kids (ie those <25 ;-) don't watch tv so much anymore, there is so much else.

It's a dying medium (as in 15-20 years, not tomorrow)

Comment

Originally posted by JohnDuh View Post
                            You overlook, history is changing. The kids (ie those <25 ;-) don't watch tv so much anymore, there is so much else.

It's a dying medium (as in 15-20 years, not tomorrow)
                            No it's not. I've never seen anything to back that up.

They said the same thing about Comics and they haven't gone anywhere.
                            || Star Stream || Destiny Song || The Four Suns (My Band) || The Art of War <<== listen please!

Comment

Working...
                            X