X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How about the return of archaeology?

How about the return of archaeology?
    After the rush of my first impression of "Stargate: Universe", I thought that it would be cool if they brought back some archaeology aspects. One of the greatest elements to Stargate is discovering anchient temples, cities, and artifacts. Instead of just staying on a ship, why not add some more exploration. Doctor Jackson and Jack O'Neill are the main Stargate characters. Jack is the head strong military genius with wity comments, and Jackson is the man with all knowing knowlegde into old civilizations. Maybe they could have a small team setup for exploration, and another one setup for military purposes. Sometimes they interact on missions, but maybe it could make some interesting and intellegant stories.

What do you think?

i wouldn't mind seeing that also i always enjoyed the archaeology aspect of SG
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

There won't be any archeologists in SGU. Just inexperienced youths.

Comment

Bummer. I'm gonna miss that aspect of Stargate.

Comment

I wouldn;t mind a touch of it, but i have a horrible feeling that if they did bring it back they would just be trying to re-do SG1 early seasons bcos it worked rather than bringing in new stuff...
          Meh.

Comment

That would not work with this series plot though. It's about a couple of ships sent out by the Ancients to deploy stargates and then explore the worlds. The ancients then ascended and never got around to it. So there is no connection to our history. Although I will agree that was always a great interaction between Jackson and Oneal. They reproduced that somewhat with McKay and Sheppard. Although that was more technological rather than archaeoligical.

Comment

i think it could work, remember destiny is an exploration craft, going into uncharted galaxies, they are going to need some sort of scientist group, paleontologists, archeologists, xenobiologists, xenopologists etc.
              Spoiler:
              Disclaimer:
              I have been using this username since 1998, it has no connection to "The Last Airbender", or James Cameron's movie.
              Quotes!
              - "Things will not calm down, Daniel Jackson, they will in fact calm up!"
              - "I hope you like Guinness Sir, I find it a refreshing alternative to... food"
              - "I'm Beginning to regret staying up late to watch "Deuce Bigalow: European Gigalo" last night... Check that, i regretted it almost immediately"
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by AvatarIII View Post
                i think it could work, remember destiny is an exploration craft, going into uncharted galaxies, they are going to need some sort of scientist group, paleontologists, archeologists, xenobiologists, xenopologists etc.
                I get the impression that they won't have the luxury of a science team. They don't even have a proper doctor just a field medic.

Comment

I'd love some.
                  If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Everyone may be right. If they are departing from the original SG-1 feeling, the writters may not want to do anything with archaeology. That would be a bummer.
                    Last edited by Col. Tomorian; 19 September 2008, 05:38 PM.

Comment

I had really hoped for that, but this cast is too young and untrained to have the knowledge to do much of anything. Sadly. That's my biggest objection to the concept.

Comment

Working...
                      X