Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Day At The Cinema - Ark of Truth and Continuum on the Big Screen!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Day At The Cinema - Ark of Truth and Continuum on the Big Screen!

http://www.virtualstargate.co.uk/cinema/

This is a United Kingdom (Nottinghamshire/Derbyshire) based event!

A Stargate SG-1 movie has been on the ropes for almost as long as the Ancients have been Ascended! Lost City was our first incarnation of that possible feature length movie. On March the 11th of 2008, the world saw the first actual Stargate SG-1 movie in The Ark of Truth. This was followed by Continuum on the 29th of July. These two are the first in a hopefully long line of Stargate SG-1 DVD movies. As fantastic as those movies were, there was one fatal let-down for many fans. The lack of a big screen release.

I know I certainly was disappointed. So I set about trying to find a way to bring those movies to our big screens. I went through a few cinemas until I found Screen Room. A lovely little cinema based in Nottingham. And through them I am now able to offer you a chance to watch the two SG-1 DVD movies back-to-back!

Unfortunately there are only twenty-one seats available so for those interested in this event should be sure to e-mail me as soon as possible to ensure their place! The event will be taking place on November the 22nd(Saturday) from 1pm to 5pm. If you're only interested in watching one of the two films, let me know so we can arrange something.

Here comes the tricky part. As we obviously all know that MGM, Fox and SciFi all own Stargate, I can't actually charge for this event. What I do ask is that anyone who does come please contribute a small donation(£5 or so) towards helping me recuperate the costs of hiring out the facilities.

You are more than welcome to bring your own food and drinks to The Day At The Cinema as none will be sold at the event.

So what is everyone waiting for? Book Your Place Now!! [email protected]

Remaining Seats: 9!

Not quite sure where Screen Room is? It's just across the screen from Broadway. Still not sure? Google Maps is always the answer! Any other questions? Feel free to email me! [email protected]

Schedule -

1.05 pm - Stargate: The Ark of Truth (Finishes at 2.45)
    SG-1 travels to the Ori home galaxy in search of an Ancient device that could stop the Ori war once and for all. But the return of an old enemy threatens to overrun the ship before they can accomplish their mission.
    (http://www.gateworld.net/movies/02.shtml)

2.55 pm - Stargate: Continuum (Finishes at 4.50)
    After Teal'c and Vala vanish during Baal's execution ceremony, the team gates back to Earth to discover that the timeline has been altered and the Stargate program no longer exists.
    (http://www.gateworld.net/movies/03.shtml)

Screen Room Pictures!
    Spoiler:

Last edited by Elite Anubis Guard; 17 November 2008, 11:58 PM.
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Now down to 16 tickets!
    sigpic

Comment

I really wish I lived in the UK.
      If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

im nowwhere near nottingham!
        "You don't know half of it".
        Former C.I.A. Director George Bush
        (When asked about UFO secrecy by a member of his presidential campaign committee)

Comment

Is it the 14th of October like it says in the banner or 11th of October like it says in the text
          Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Ah, too far!

Comment

We've sold another ticket but it's looking like we'll be having to push the event forward to the 4th. It's not confirmed yet but I've changed the post anywho.
              sigpic

Comment

Elite Anubis Guard --

FYI, I've merged the duplicate threads from the Stargate Movies and Stargate News folders. There is a forwarder in News for 24 hours, but remember that we don't like multiple copies of the same thread posted to different folders.

Thanks!
                GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

That's the smallest big screen I've ever seen!

Comment

Date is now definitely the fourth. And this is only a fan-run event. The donations are nothing more than covering the costs of hiring the screen to give fans an opportunity to see the films in a cinema.

^^ It's the world's smallest cinema.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GodAtum View Post
                      im nowwhere near nottingham!
                      Notts does have a train station if you really want to come.

EDIT: Now down to 14! Remember to book your place before all the seats are gone!
                      Last edited by Elite Anubis Guard; 20 September 2008, 04:25 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I got one of my gater friends to come.
                        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

Due to the short term notice behind this event, the event may be put back to the 14th or 22nd of November, most likely the 22nd to allow people more notice. I'll let people know ASAP. I'm just waiting on info on the availability of the booking of those dates.

EDIT: Okay guys, the date is officially now the 22nd and 3 more tickets have been sold. I'd like to apologize for these abrupt change in dates. I got a little too excited when it came to organizing the event. Now that the date is now the 22nd, it'll give people a little more notice.
                          Last edited by Elite Anubis Guard; 20 September 2008, 05:18 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

Down to ten seats!
                            sigpic

Comment

Bump! You guys don't wanna miss out on this.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X