This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ideal stargate universe team

apologies if this has already been done i did look but couldnt find any other threads the same

okay so they recently revealed the character descriptions for the members of the stargate universe team but i noticed many people are unhappy with the characters described so i thought it might be a fun idea to post up our own ideas of a good stargate universe team

just to be clear i dont mean actors you would want in the series but actual character descriptions/alterations to the existing characters as there is already a thread for the former.

heres my idea of a good SGU team

i would keep the team leader basically the same but more open minded and trusting. also have him understand some of the science happening around him rather than being completely clueless. also he would be divorced.

i would also keep the character of Tamara Jon the same as she sounds interesting and has lotsa potential.

i would scrap the chloe carpenter character and replace her with a mid 30s civilian scientist who happens to be colonel everett youngs ex-wife but they have been divorced long enough to work together without trying to kill one another thou there may still be a spark of attraction. personality wise she would be the more cynical? or suspicious one who never takes stuff for granted and is always prepared for the worst.

i wuld keep the Eli Hitchcock character and let him remain a slacker genius but also have him as a junior member of the team due to hardly any experience in the field or military training so he is kinda new to exploring the universe and constantly amazed at the new technologies the gang are constantly discovering not to mention a little on the nieve side at first but later becomes less so.

as for Lt. Jared Nash im not sure what to do with him. he definitely wouldnt be a jock. he would be late 20s to early 30s the guy in charge of most away missions hes a good leader with plenty of potential but not infallible and sometimes gets his team into bad situations causing colonel young and/or his scientist ex-wife to come to their rescue. very loyal to his commanding officer he is very determined not to lose any members of his team possibly due to a failed mission whilst serving with SG-11

as for Ron 'psycho' Stasiak i would replace him with a jaffa character. maybe some jaffa legend helped unlock the mystery of the ninth chevron and this character has been sent by the jaffa high council to accompany the team on their mission. he would be a loyal and honorable warrior but may also have problems with a dwindling supply of tretonin also some kinda parasitic alien they accidentally bring onboard may try to take up residence when his immune system is weak due to lack of tretonin causing harmful behaviour to both himself and the rest of the crew

ok so you all know what my ideal stargate universe team would be like so what would your ideal team be
    Quietly, so as not to alarm anyone, she began to go insane

i think it would be cool to have an airmen in the SGC run and dive through the gate just before it closes, kind of like a stowaway. They could keep him in lockup unless they needed him, so he could be a recurring character. You could make up a bunch of backstory like, he dated one of the women on the team so he wanted to follow her, or he ends up being a spy with a subspace communicator their only way to communicate with Earth. Or my favorite, he is a cowardly timid person, whose family all served in the forces, and his dad has the hook ups to get him stationed in the SGC. He has been stationed at the SGC as a guard for 6 years and hasn't recieved a promotion, now he wants to see some action and live up to the family name.

Comment

thats a great idea

if their constantly on the move they wont get much chance for recurring characters so having someone in lockup would be good.

would you be keeping the rest of the team the same?

Comment

Elmo. The team leader. Strong, dependable and most important of all red!

Animal. Chief security officer. Mess with him at your peril!

Cookie Monster. In charge of the mess hall and clean up duties.

Big Bird. Huge yellow alien who carries a huge yellow alien weapon. And if he loses that he can peck your eyes out with his razor sharp beak.

The Count. Night duty officer in charge of stores and also acts as the ship clock.

Ernie. Cute old guy (over 14!) plucky comic relief. Wanders the halls looking for the restroom and muttering about how things were so much better in his day.

Honkers. Ship's translator.

Kermit aka 'The Frog'. Ex Navy seal, psycho with a dark past. Acts as diplomatic officer on away missions.
        sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

you forgot about miss piggy

she could be an alluring alien female picked up from some alien world

Comment

Originally posted by rien View Post
            you forgot about miss piggy

she could be an alluring alien female picked up from some alien world

sigpic

Jack and Daniel...the old married couple.

Comment

Everett Young- Keep him except like you said rien, a bit more open minded and he knows a bit about science

Tamara Jon- Keep her, but make her in her thirties

Chloe Carpenter- Throw her out the airlock before the show even starts and put a scientist in her place.

Eli Hitchcock- I would make him into a female character, only a bit more like Rodney

Jared Nash- Maybe they should keep him in, but a bit older, like twenty eight or thirty

Ron "Psycho" Stasiak- Do the same to him as Cloe Carpenter, or at least get rid of his name and make it better. What they shouldn't do is make his character the next Ronon or Teal'c. He can have a temper, but maybe he's like someone who gets angry but won't fight and is cowardly.

They should also have a character like quade_1 said and make him a stowaway like in Lost In Space. With a character like that, their will be some interesting conflict going on in the show. Lastly, an alien character, that actually looks like an alien, not like Teal'c, Ronon, Teyla, etc.

That would be my ideal Universe team.
              Jack: Good morning campers!

The Answer To 1984 Is 1776!

Comment

'Out the airlock'? Now adding Roslin is a notion I wouldn't mind.
                If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Connor Trinneer as the leader!
                  Someone like Daniel Jackson, if not him.

Comment

Originally posted by rien View Post
                    ok so you all know what my ideal stargate universe team would be like so what would your ideal team be
                    Hey, nice idea. Here are arrangements to the official casting call that would help me like it more. First, remove mentions to "handsome", "beautiful", "sexy" and such, and extend age ranges.

Colonel Everett Young: He's all right, can be kept as is except nobody cares that he's "handsome". He just needs some charisma to bond the team together, but not physical attractiveness.

Tamara Jon: Having her Asian is a very good idea, but make her more strong-willed and more competent. Either she's an established nurse (thus medically-inclined, but not a real doctor), or a medicine student (thus too young to really know how to heal people in real life: She has theoretical knowledge but lacks practical knowledge). Also she could be a lesbian (just because she would remind me of an old friend of mine )

Chloe Carpenter: Forget her. If she's supposed to bring some negotiation sense into the crew, replace her with a character who is involved in the associative world. This character gets the acerbic sense of humour instead of Eli Hitchcock's replacement.

Eli Hitchcock: Make him a her, and forget the acerbic sense of humour. She could be a lazy socially-inept but good-willed genius. Unlike McKay, she doesn't turn her unsureness into arrogance but simply tends to avoid social interactions.

Lt. Jared Nash: He's all right but as before, forget the "every teenage girl's fantasy" part, unless he gets disfigured in the first episode and has to deal with it afterwards. *evil grin*

Ron "Psycho" Stasiak: Make him a hot-tempered Latino who angers easily but also calms quickly. He was raised in a harsh environment somewhere in South America but he's friendly... generally.
                    My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                    Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm not too stressed about the existing set, but if I were allowed a single tweak, it'd be one addition: another woman, ideally 40s or 50s.

Madeleine

Comment

Everett Young- 28 year old. smart, handsome. has a few years of offworld experience. hes of the newer generation, meaning he knows computers, and certainly doesnt follow "sheppards guide to computer repair". still, he isnt a tech guy, but likes new toys.

Tamara Jon- 32. smart. shes the marine girl. tough. "bad girl" type. isnt easily impressed.

Chloe Carpenter- 30's shes an experienced field medic. knows how and what, and is resourcefull. certainly isnt afraid of blood, or gore.

Eli Hitchcock- female, 30's. smart, kind of computernerd. hates being seen as a computerblonde. bit spoiled. good looks but not supermodel

Jared Nash-40's. has been around the SGC since day one. ship commander. has 8 years of field experience, and has served on battlecruisers ever since.

Ron "Psycho" Stasiak- real mean machine. dark background. if you'd pick one partner on the field, its him. hes the bodyguard type

Comment

I like how you fiddled with their ages and essentially reversed them so the oldest is now the youngest and the others are 10 years or more older.

I would probably keep them about the same, I too would get rid of stuff like them being a jock style as that just makes me think "good ol American boy" which as a non American will be completly based on what we see of them on TV which I dont wanna be watching each week.

I would alter their ages, keep them younger than the Colonel but older than they are spreading them over the 20's so they each have a different maturity and experience.

Everett Young- 28 year old. smart, handsome. has a few years of offworld experience. hes of the newer generation, meaning he knows computers, and certainly doesnt follow "sheppards guide to computer repair". still, he isnt a tech guy, but likes new toys.

Tamara Jon- mid to late 20s, been a part of the SGC for a number of years, is experienced with the Go'uld/Ori and is a field medic.

Chloe Carpenter- early 20s, joined the airforce as a nurse/medic to annoy her rich Senator father but now regrets it after him recently dying, if inexperienced so has room to grow.

Eli Hitchcock- male or female (after McKay and Carter we have had both, would find a good actor/actress to play the part) early to mid 20s keep the is smart but is generally lazy as he/she likes to play it down.

Jared Nash-mid to late 20s, similar age and experience to Tamara Jon and have worked together before, has been on an SG team for a couple of years so is experienced, took a posting to the 'secret offworld base' for a change plus hoped he would possibly get his own command during this posting.

Ron "Psycho" Stasiak- new recruit to the Stargate Program, pretty much same character, young and hot headed.

Mayb some more changes here and there, mainly ages and making Chloe have a purpose for being there which Im hoping there is it just isnt on the info leaked as it may not be complete or could be an early draught

Comment

I'd like to SG13 there. They were funny. I'd also like it if Major Lorne were to get a bigger part.

Comment

None of the main characters have names that I recognize from SG-1 or Atlantis, so they will be new to the Stargate franchise. Unless they add new people before the pilot, we should be looking at new people as our regular characters. I don't see much cross-over except maybe in the pilot episode, or when the SGC is trying to get them back. Hopefully they get people that we can identify with and care about week-to-week. Character development has been a strength with my favorite characters.
                              Drama is like anything else, okay in moderation. I don't want Stargate to turn into a soap opera, full of drama queens (and kings). Aiming for a new audience, should not leave the "old" stargate audience by the side of the road. Please don't ruin my favorite Sci-Fi series!!

Comment

Working...
                              X