This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No supporting cast?

With the new rumoured cast list out, it seems more and more likely that there won't be a big supporting cast of SG personnel as there was in both SG-1 and SGA, and if that is the case, then it'd be really bad.

I always thought the supporting cast really helped separate Stargate from Star Trek. It made it a lot more believable and interesting, and helped to add an extra dimension to the show.
    These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

I am sure there will be supporting cast; the ones mentioned in the casting call were just the main characters, methinks.

Comment

Come on I want lorne to lead. Hes the man

Comment

correct, those are just the lead characters that are in every episode, there will be another casting call in a couple months for recurring characters.

Comment

I know, but from the premise. It doesn't sound like there's going to be that many people on the Destiny.
          These are the wrong people... in the wrong place.

Comment

Originally posted by Detox View Post
            I know, but from the premise. It doesn't sound like there's going to be that many people on the Destiny.
            What makes you think that?

Comment

The premise for Atlantis was a team lost and alone in the lost city of the ancients. they took atleast a hundred people on their first trip.

Comment

A senator apparently gets killed, and probably more people (to justify Tamara being the only qualified medic and Nash being thrust into a higher position than he's prepared for).

There's bound to be a supporting cast. Sides for main characters always come first, just as with Atlantis. There was no mention of Zelenka, Bates, or Grodin in the Atlantis casting sides.

Comment

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
                  The premise for Atlantis was a team lost and alone in the lost city of the ancients. they took at least a hundred people on their first trip.
                  Yes, but the way I think it's going to go down is....

Spoiler:
                  Lt. Young takes this up and coming future team members (we know they do this...we seen an episode where they had young team people training) to see the Destiny, SG-1 comes back and gives the clear, Lt. Young and the cast comes on board. There are people there, doing tests and stuff, seeing if they can get the ship running, when Eli comes in and flips a switch and boom! new galaxy. So there is going to be a supporting cast of some sort, or at least is possible.

'Least thats what I think.

Comment

Makes Sense. Young is just giving a tour of the new toy to potential SGC crew (and a wealthy senator that took interest and his daughter), and they are sudden;y thrust into a new situation.

Comment

I think there will be more people trapped on the Destiny than some believe.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

I also think that there will be more people around then many think. A show with only a few "main" people and no one for them to interact with would get dull pretty quickly.

If they did that then they would have to make many of the interaction based on meeting people on different planets. This wouldn't work so well for a couple of reasons. First off it would mean a ton of shooting on location and interior for exterior work. This would require a lot of money to be dumped into props/set dec. It is also time consuming.

This would also make it much more difficult to get any character development that wasn't centered on just the few main cast members interacting with eachother.

They also miss out on some of the more standard tools such as "red shirts", the no name guy guy messing up and creating a problem that must be solved and well, many other useful story telling tools.

What I assume will happen is that one way or another they will have a group of people on the ship similar to Atlantis, only this time they really don't get the support from Earth. Any new people beyond those that they brought with them would have to be alien.

Comment

I hope they pick up a Regular Cast member or supporting cast member that is an actual Alien. As every Stargate needs its Alien team mate. Hell it could even be a puppet like Hermod from Atlantis or Rygel from Farscape

I also want to see a British Actor and character.
                          sigpic
                          Banner Made By Me for Me
                          The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Working...
                          X