PDA

View Full Version : Childhood's End

Jeff O'Connor
September 17th, 2008, 12:15 PM
It sounds like they decided to make an entire series off the story from that episode. Based on this prediction, I'm guessing Everett Young has some bizarre form of Ancient gene which keeps him going, and the plot will involve his desperate search to find a way to not only cure the others of their problem (that they will die at the age of 25) but also, to convince them that living past 24 isn't as bad as they think.

TraK
September 17th, 2008, 11:40 PM
It sounds like they decided to make an entire series off the story from that episode. Based on this prediction, I'm guessing Everett Young has some bizarre form of Ancient gene which keeps him going, and the plot will involve his desperate search to find a way to not only cure the others of their problem (that they will die at the age of 25) but also, to convince them that living past 24 isn't as bad as they think.

wth are you talking about?

Jeff O'Connor
September 18th, 2008, 02:22 AM
It was a joke. Clearly ill-received at that.

kymeric
September 18th, 2008, 04:21 AM
It was a joke. Clearly ill-received at that.

I didnt get it at all O.O

Jeff O'Connor
September 18th, 2008, 04:24 AM
I didnt get it at all O.O

You probably haven't watched the Season One episode 'Childhood's End' from SGA, then. If you take a look at that, and then note all the people complaining about the casting age range, you might get it.

Buck32
September 18th, 2008, 02:50 PM
I got it!!! i know what you're talking about, evidently some "fans" aren't as knowledgeable as they would have you beleive!!!

As i also recall no one from Atlantis liked visiting that planet from childhood's end, sadly i think life will imitate art there.

Infinatus
September 18th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Somehow the kids from Childhood's End seemed too mature for SGU. ;)

jelgate
September 18th, 2008, 06:41 PM
You can't really know its trash until the show has aired

the fifth man
September 18th, 2008, 06:45 PM

That is very true.

ShadowMaat
September 18th, 2008, 06:47 PM

No, but if folks weren't allowed to say anything (for or against) until something had aired, this place would be boring. :P

the fifth man
September 18th, 2008, 06:49 PM
No, but if folks weren't allowed to say anything (for or against) until something had aired, this place would be boring. :P

I guess that is also true.:)

Infinatus
September 18th, 2008, 06:51 PM

You're right I shouldn't have called it trash, but based on the premise SGU has the potential to go in that direction.

Jeff O'Connor
September 19th, 2008, 03:16 AM
Well I can only say I'm glad people figured out what I was talking about. Haha.

flea247
September 20th, 2008, 03:41 AM
i got it! and thinking of that ep, i would like to see that actor who played the leader in "childhoods end" i think he would be good in SGU.
correct me if im wrong but was he also in an ep of SG1??

ShadowMaat
September 20th, 2008, 10:12 AM
i got it! and thinking of that ep, i would like to see that actor who played the leader in "childhoods end" i think he would be good in SGU.
correct me if im wrong but was he also in an ep of SG1??

Yup. He played the "raw recruit" sort on SG-1... the kind SGU wants. He's probably to ooolllldddd now, though. ;) It'd be nice to see Courtenay again, though, and it'd be in keeping for TPTB to hire someone who's already played another character (or characters, in this case) on another Stargate show. I liked David Kopp, too (Grogan) but he's definitely too old. I mean, 30?? The geezer is probably ready for the rest home. If he isn't there already. :P

flea247
September 20th, 2008, 09:11 PM
lol, i thought he looked familliar. either way i think theres something about him that i believe would suit the proposed character of "Lt. jared nash" on SGU.
it just fits IMO

Jeff O'Connor
September 20th, 2008, 09:19 PM
Yup. He played the "raw recruit" sort on SG-1... the kind SGU wants. He's probably to ooolllldddd now, though. ;) It'd be nice to see Courtenay again, though, and it'd be in keeping for TPTB to hire someone who's already played another character (or characters, in this case) on another Stargate show. I liked David Kopp, too (Grogan) but he's definitely too old. I mean, 30?? The geezer is probably ready for the rest home. If he isn't there already. :P

Geez, that's like twenty years after the big 1-0. He's been living with double digits for two decades!

A decade. That's ten years. That's longer than anyone should live! When I'm seven, I think I'm going to turn myself in.