This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Childhood's End

It sounds like they decided to make an entire series off the story from that episode. Based on this prediction, I'm guessing Everett Young has some bizarre form of Ancient gene which keeps him going, and the plot will involve his desperate search to find a way to not only cure the others of their problem (that they will die at the age of 25) but also, to convince them that living past 24 isn't as bad as they think.
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
    It sounds like they decided to make an entire series off the story from that episode. Based on this prediction, I'm guessing Everett Young has some bizarre form of Ancient gene which keeps him going, and the plot will involve his desperate search to find a way to not only cure the others of their problem (that they will die at the age of 25) but also, to convince them that living past 24 isn't as bad as they think.
    wth are you talking about?
    sigpic

Comment

It was a joke. Clearly ill-received at that.
      If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
        It was a joke. Clearly ill-received at that.
        I didnt get it at all O.O

Comment

Originally posted by kymeric View Post
          I didnt get it at all O.O
          You probably haven't watched the Season One episode 'Childhood's End' from SGA, then. If you take a look at that, and then note all the people complaining about the casting age range, you might get it.

Comment

I got it!!! i know what you're talking about, evidently some "fans" aren't as knowledgeable as they would have you beleive!!!

As i also recall no one from Atlantis liked visiting that planet from childhood's end, sadly i think life will imitate art there.

Comment

Somehow the kids from Childhood's End seemed too mature for SGU.

Comment

You can't really know its trash until the show has aired
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  That is very true.
                  sigpic
                  MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                  "...phu...ah..."
                  "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                  Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

No, but if folks weren't allowed to say anything (for or against) until something had aired, this place would be boring.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat View Post
                      No, but if folks weren't allowed to say anything (for or against) until something had aired, this place would be boring.
                      I guess that is also true.
                      sigpic
                      MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                      "...phu...ah..."
                      "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                      Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

You're right I shouldn't have called it trash, but based on the premise SGU has the potential to go in that direction.

Comment

Well I can only say I'm glad people figured out what I was talking about. Haha.

Comment

i got it! and thinking of that ep, i would like to see that actor who played the leader in "childhoods end" i think he would be good in SGU.
                            correct me if im wrong but was he also in an ep of SG1??
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by flea247 View Post
                              i got it! and thinking of that ep, i would like to see that actor who played the leader in "childhoods end" i think he would be good in SGU.
                              correct me if im wrong but was he also in an ep of SG1??
                              Yup. He played the "raw recruit" sort on SG-1... the kind SGU wants. He's probably to ooolllldddd now, though. It'd be nice to see Courtenay again, though, and it'd be in keeping for TPTB to hire someone who's already played another character (or characters, in this case) on another Stargate show. I liked David Kopp, too (Grogan) but he's definitely too old. I mean, 30?? The geezer is probably ready for the rest home. If he isn't there already.

Comment

Working...
                              X