This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stargate spin-offs too "Ancienty"

I still am concerned as to how every spin off since SG-1 has something to do with the Ancients. I mean it made sense about how they made the Atlantis thing- it just works. But now I'm starting to feel ripped off- now a ship. I agree this is going down the route of Star Trek. Why not another advanced race/ Four Great Races like the Asgard or the Furlings even. And even if it was going with Ancient stuff, why a ship? Why not a different plane or dimension. I mean c'mon: 7 chevrons - planet; 8 chevrons - planet in different galaxy, 9 chevrons- ship?

Originally posted by hamatau'ri View Post
    I still am concerned as to how every spin off since SG-1 has something to do with the Ancients. I mean it made sense about how they made the Atlantis thing- it just works. But now I'm starting to feel ripped off- now a ship. I agree this is going down the route of Star Trek. Why not another advanced race/ Four Great Races like the Asgard or the Furlings even. And even if it was going with Ancient stuff, why a ship? Why not a different plane or dimension. I mean c'mon: 7 chevrons - planet; 8 chevrons - planet in different galaxy, 9 chevrons- ship?
    Dimensions or planes of existence wouldnt make sense. Stargates only connect to another Stargate in this plane of existence and the universe is a vast place. Personally, I think the Milky Way has plenty left in it to explore but the universe sounds a bit more plausible then exploring other dimensions or planes of existence.

Anyway, the 9th chevron connects only to a specific explorer ship, not just any ship I think. Anyway with Earth getting the Asgard legacy, I don't think there is anything left to explore on that end and the other two members of the Ancient Alliance have been more or less forgotten. So the only thing left to explore would be the Ancients.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

I still want to see the Furlings appear in this series, or at least in the Stargate movies. I mean come on, we've seen the rest now its time to see the Furlings.

Anyway I don't think it had to be based on the ancients, or an ancient ship. I suppose it would be very much like explore this place and that place. But it didn't have to be based around the ancients. I do feel that the idea that they have come up with could be potentially good. But they could have explored other galaxies.
      sigpic

Comment

What else would you base it off? The presence of the stargates in the show are gonna require at least a basic connection to the ancients. What other lore of the show would you draw on? The Guaould were confined to this galaxy from day one. Unless theres some other alien race youd like to see from the lore in the show. The less explored on the parent shows the better....

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1989 View Post
          Anyway I don't think it had to be based on the ancients, or an ancient ship. I suppose it would be very much like explore this place and that place. But it didn't have to be based around the ancients. I do feel that the idea that they have come up with could be potentially good. But they could have explored other galaxies.
          The thing is though as how feasible would it be? They want to make a show thats called Stargate but is cut off from the rest of Stargate in order to make it a one off show almost. Kind of like Atlantis was in first season. The difference being that the Destiny would be so far away that there would be almost no contact or very limited contact between the ship and Earth thus forcing them to be on their own.

Earth shouldnt be sending out ships to explore other galaxies at the moment. Why? Because its a single planet with most of the population unaware of the Stargate Program with its various nations divided. How can one launch an exploration program based on that? Most of the newly developed ships would need to defend Earth and its few assets at the moment rather then foolishly go off into the void to explore other galaxies.

Really the only thing left would be the Ancients as kymeric said. I can understand it being said that the Ancients are being brought up again but really there is nothing left to expand on in the future so it has to be them.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Working...
          X