PDA

View Full Version : We've got a Season 9, now it's time for Jonas!

Teal'c
November 15th, 2004, 12:03 PM
OK, they're in cast negotiations. If we scream hard enough they might sign Corin Nemec back up :P

Clearly with RDA's reduced time and the fact that AT will be limited at the start due to her new born (touch wood) Jonas would fit in nicely. The start of Season 9, if 8 doesn't end on a cliffhanger, could have some good Jonas/Daniel/Teal'c stuff going. The three amigos!

Who's with me!? :P

Anubis
November 15th, 2004, 12:06 PM
OK, they're in cast negotiations. If we scream hard enough they might sign Corin Nemec back up :P

Clearly with RDA's reduced time and the fact that AT will be limited at the start due to her new born (touch wood) Jonas would fit in nicely. The start of Season 9, if 8 doesn't end on a cliffhanger, could have some good Jonas/Daniel/Teal'c stuff going. The three amigos!

I doubt that we'll see Jonas return, unfortunately. Although I'd love to see it happen, the most we'll ever get is guest appearances. The producers even said that he'd never be back as a full-time cast member, which is a shame really. :(

Major Fischer
November 15th, 2004, 12:06 PM
Not TPTB. ;)

Greenburg flat out stated Jonas wasn't coming back in the same Con panel that he strongly hinted about the shape of Season 9.

ShadowMaat
November 15th, 2004, 12:15 PM
Face it, TPTB hate Corin/Jonas and he will never come back no matter how much some of us may want to see him return. It's never, ever, EVER going to happen. NEVER.

Don't get me wrong, I love Jonas, but asking to see him return is as pointless as asking the wind not to blow. *sigh*

We're never going to see Jonas again. TPTB have made that abundantly clear.

eye of botox
November 15th, 2004, 12:29 PM
What? How could anyone hate Jonas.

That's just dumb. Like really, really, I can't think of an analogy dumb. Give me time and I'll think of something...

I mean did you see his buns? They were worthy of their own show. Especially in 6.2. Verry fine. Indeed.

aschen
November 15th, 2004, 12:32 PM
You got your way with S9 (maybe,) just how much do you want from these people? They're stretched out past their limits already, working full time on two shows. Give them a break.

Replicarter
November 15th, 2004, 12:33 PM
I dont hate him, but id prefer it if he dident come back, i like to ceep the curent cast members, or have someone from the past from Moebius, Like Ra, he could come back and join sg-1 :D, ok, very ver unlikely, il go away now.

Lord Zedd
November 15th, 2004, 12:34 PM
I liked Jonas but he won't come back but that isn't so bad because we got a 9th season and it has been confirmed !!!

Replicarter
November 15th, 2004, 12:36 PM
You got your way with S9 (maybe,) just how much do you want from these people? They're stretched out past their limits already, working full time on two shows. Give them a break.

A break? we need to stress them out, till atleast on of them explod, so they bring in a few new writers for fresh ideas, and hopefully we wont have a repeat of Season 7, and have the show end like the X-Files did.

Lord Zedd
November 15th, 2004, 12:42 PM
How did the Xfiles ended?I saw it only a couple of episodes but they don't air it here anymore and well I was allready sold to Stargate :D

ShadowMaat
November 15th, 2004, 12:43 PM
Yes. You have your ninth season. Now you have to live with it. :D

Skydiver
November 15th, 2004, 12:47 PM
What? How could anyone hate Jonas.

ya got me.

I would LOVE to see him back. but i think the odds of that are about the same as me getting hired on as an extra and being on the show myself

in other words, bout >< this much

aschen
November 15th, 2004, 12:51 PM
I probably won't even watch S9. I don't want to witness the tragedy that it will probably become.

Replicarter
November 15th, 2004, 12:59 PM
How did the Xfiles ended?I saw it only a couple of episodes but they don't air it here anymore and well I was allready sold to Stargate :D

Not a spacific ending, but the whole last season went down hill, and rewind the whole show.

Replicarter
November 15th, 2004, 01:00 PM
I probably won't even watch S9. I don't want to witness the tragedy that it will probably become.

Ofcorse you wont watch S9, i believe you ;)

I bet you will, whether you think it will be bad or not, how can you NOT watch stargate?

shelsfc
November 15th, 2004, 01:04 PM

Me! :D

I'd love to think they'd bring him back, but I can't see it happening. Unfortunately. I don't know what it is TPTB have against Jonas and/or Corin, but they do seem to have completely forgotten he ever existed. :(

aschen
November 15th, 2004, 01:05 PM
I have this thing, it's called "self control." It's really quite impressive. Sure, I might drink a bit and stumble through it....only time can tell.

It better be than that plant thing.

.:Lemon:.
November 15th, 2004, 01:10 PM
I really don't think that Jonas will be brought back. Possibly as a guest appearance, but nothing more. I wasn't to keen on Jonas anyway. Don't get me wrong, I still liked him! just not as much as I like some of the other characters :D

TechnoBoY
November 15th, 2004, 01:28 PM
I dont think he will be brought back but it would be cool! They need some new people to mix things up.

Speaking of AT. I dont understand how they cant work her pregnancy in. She is getting married on the show.

Lord Zedd
November 15th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Not a spacific ending, but the whole last season went down hill, and rewind the whole show.
well I hope that they will make just one last great season of it.TPTB have new writters so perhaps they come up with new idea's.Ofcourse they will come up with new idea's I hope the really end of Stargate should be a movie that is in line with the 9th season.Or perhaps a 90 min episode like Threads.What do you guys think about it?

ShadowMaat
November 15th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Oh, and for the record, you can neg me all you want, I'll keep speaking my mind when and where I feel like it. Even if that means- *gasp!*- complaining about something!! :eek:

Jonas isn't coming back. Ever. It's that simple. MG said so, himself, and he'd be in a position to know, wouldn't he? Why speculate over something that won't happen? Why stir up false hope when it will only hurt all the more when it doesn't happen?

Like aschen said, you got your season 9, you should be happy with that. Be happy with whatever you get instead of saying, "Well, now we want this, this, this and this." Wait and see. Isn't that what everyone's saying? Wait and see.

TPTB are going to do what THEY want to do and frell whatever the fans want. So sit back and enjoy the show... whatever it's gonna be.

david2708
November 15th, 2004, 05:02 PM
They should bring back Jonas rather than a new character.
Terry Farrell(Dax) left Deep Space Nine a year before it finished and they introduced a new character to replace her(can'tremember her name).
The new character failed and just got in the way of the story and we had pointless eps trying to introduce her to a well established set of characters.
Jonas, being a familiar face, won't present such problems.
If TPTB don't want him, I assume it has to do something with a personal problem with the actor himself rather than the character?
In one director commentary, I think Marin Wood? said he'd film Corin last because he could never get it right first up-alluding that AT was always spot on first take.

NightGloom
November 15th, 2004, 05:11 PM
*grumbles* Yes... there's a season 9... it better be a good season 9. However, Jonas would make it an awesome season 9. He would renew the show, but keep some of the old there. But will he come back? Noooo... cause people can be just plain dumb sometimes...

Buc252
November 15th, 2004, 05:33 PM
Having Jonas on the show is possibly the *only* thing that could get me to watch S9 if RDA isn't on for more than five episodes, as is rumored. And even then, a lot of the fun-ness of Jonas' interaction with Jack will be gone, and I'd miss it immensely.

Still, I doubt TPTB will do it. They're not *that* smart. Besides, they insulted him so badly by dumping him unceremoniously that, if I were Corin, I'd tell them to shove it. <g>

tara3583
November 15th, 2004, 08:50 PM
I would love it if Jonas was brought back but
it seems tptb are very much against him which
is a shame really as Jonas brought a freshness
to the show and really very funny moments with
Daniel,Teal'c and some great teasing from Sam:)

Kliggins
November 15th, 2004, 08:56 PM
I think it would be great to see Corin/Jonas come back to the show and my hopes will have life until the end of season nine and I don't see him. :D

Angel of Fire SG1
November 16th, 2004, 12:18 AM
I'm SOO happy there's a season 9!!! And I would LOVE Jonas to come back!!!

But to all of u who keep saying "i'm not gonna watch season 9!"

Well...i distinctly remember people saying "im not gonna watch season 8!" who are now watching season 8 & enjoying it!!

I also remember another show called X-files, where I HATED season 8 and said "i'm never gonna watch season 9"
Come season 9 I stayed up past midnight every friday night to watch the eps because I absolutely LOVED it!!

Shows can redeem themselves...if people give them a chance!!! Not that Stargate needs that yet!!!

:D

AlphaBlu
November 16th, 2004, 01:26 AM
Of course Jonas would give the show a significant boost. It'd be another character to tell stories about, and would make RDA's near-complete absence less obvious.

But they already said he's not coming back. Why? Who knows. Probably has something to do with their continued attemtps to forget that Season 6 ever happened.

BYE

Jonisa
November 16th, 2004, 01:48 AM
But they already said he's not coming back. Why? Who knows. Probably has something to do with their continued attemtps to forget that Season 6 ever happened.

BYE

But they're not. Forgetting that Season 6 ever happened, that is. I'm finally watching Season 6 now, as it's going through it's first run on SciFi. I'm liking it okay, I suppose, but the best thing for me is that it's filling in a lot of holes. As someone who started watching in Season 7 there have been quite a few references to things that happened in Season 6 that I didn't quite get. So I disagree that they're forgetting that Season 6 ever happened.

As for Jonas in particular? No, they haven't mentioned him. Then again, they haven't mentioned most characters who have left, one in particular who is a huge favorite. I don't think it's a huge conspiracy to forget the character. I just think they're taking the show in a different direction, one that fans of Jonas aren't wild about.

As far as Jonas coming back in season 9, I'm pretty neutral about him. Don't particularly love the character, don't really dislike him either. Kind of indifferent, so it doesn't bother me either way whether he comes back or not. If they could find a believable way to work him into the storyline, I'd be cool with that. And the Jonas fans would be happy. :)

spacemonkey69
November 16th, 2004, 02:21 AM
I dont think he will be brought back but it would be cool! They need some new people to mix things up.

Speaking of AT. I dont understand how they cant work her pregnancy in. She is getting married on the show.

well, there isnt any point working it in, because when they finished filming moebius, she wasnt really showing, and by the time they start filming, she would have had it, so there isnt any point! YAY SEASON 9! IM SOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY! IN YOUR FACE X FILES! HEHE... i love x files

aAnubiSs
November 16th, 2004, 03:04 AM
I'd rather have Col. Dixon(Adam Baldwin) then Jonas in S9.

Angel of Fire SG1
November 16th, 2004, 03:26 AM
well, there isnt any point working it in, because when they finished filming moebius, she wasnt really showing, and by the time they start filming, she would have had it, so there isnt any point! YAY SEASON 9! IM SOOOOOOOOOOO HAPPY! IN YOUR FACE X FILES! HEHE... i love x files

*laughs* I found myself saying the same thing bout X-files earlier :rolleyes: I love X-Files, I'm so happy my two favourite shoes are at a tie!!! HEHE!!

keshou
November 16th, 2004, 04:44 AM
I think Jonas coming back is as likely as me winning the lottery. ;)

They've had plenty of opportunity to continue his story and they've dropped it. MG said that we're not seeing Jonas again. It sounded pretty final to me.

I liked Jonas okay and thought it made a lot of sense to keep the character and his story alive and use him as a recurring character in S7 and S8. Could have certainly helped with the lack o'Jack.

But now? I don't know, I'm sort of watching the Monday night S6 strips and Jonas is still nice, still kind of cute, but I'm not pining away to see him again. I'm probably more interested in seeing Col. Dixon back.

Skydiver
November 16th, 2004, 04:51 AM
I think they started some fantastic hints with jonas and his kind and the idea that they are special or more evolved than humans. it was a thread that had great promise.

then again, having sarah gardner on earth with a year's worth of goauld memories had great promise too and that's been dropped faster than a hot rock.

Fans of jonas (of which i am one) may as well get used to the fact that TPTB seem determined to do all they can to erase the character from existence and they really don't seem to care that Jonas was liked.

Which is massively too bad seeing as Jonas is part of the reason that s7, 8 and 9 exist. I think his presence could have done wonders in helping to cover for RDA's slimmed down schedule.

but, cest le vie

I don't know if i dare hope that they think about adding col dixon to the show. Again, SG-13 would be a wonderful opportunity to ease the strain on all the remaining actors....but for some reason known only to them, tptb don't seem to want to take that road

TonyB1972
November 16th, 2004, 04:53 AM
I liked him, but think Daniel and him may be a little much, if RDA isn't going to be around much we need a good replacement for him. Teal'c and Jack are my favorite characters, but I like em all.

I will watch whatever they do though, even if it goes down hill some, its better than a lot of the other stuff out there.

Madeleine
November 16th, 2004, 05:38 AM
I'd rather have Col. Dixon(Adam Baldwin)

I'd love to have him back, but the chances of him being anything more than a one-off - if that - in s9 is pretty much nil. He's signed up for at least two more Firefly films.

But hey, silver lining - He's signed up for at least two more Firefly films! :)

Albion
November 16th, 2004, 07:04 AM
I've never heard of any animosity between TPTB and CN. All that I've ever heard was that they couldn't have both Jonus and Daniel on team because they couldn't afford to pay for five core characters. But who knows what goes on behind closed doors.

Jonus being ruled out is a shame though. I'd have much preferred S6 with Daniel rather than Jonus, but I never hated Jonus or disliked him. Rather enjoyed watching him at times. And if RDA isn't going to feature much in S9 bringing back Jonus would be a good plan, I think, to offset that. A character already known to the fans, who has some history with the team and the SGC.

It would certainly help offset the appalling trend TPTB seem to have had in recent years to think "Hey, it's our last season - let's kill off a whole bunch of major or recurring characters! Oh. Oooops. Not our last season? Dang!" Which has really irked me and led to the detriment of the show imo, by seriously shrinking the amount of characters you have to play with plotwise. And there are signs it might get even worse for S9, although I hope not.

Oh, and for the record, you can neg me all you want, I'll keep speaking my mind when and where I feel like it. Even if that means- *gasp!*- complaining about something!!

Jonas isn't coming back. Ever. It's that simple. MG said so, himself, and he'd be in a position to know, wouldn't he? Why speculate over something that won't happen? Why stir up false hope when it will only hurt all the more when it doesn't happen?

Like aschen said, you got your season 9, you should be happy with that. Be happy with whatever you get instead of saying, "Well, now we want this, this, this and this." Wait and see. Isn't that what everyone's saying? Wait and see.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't pass this by. :D I can't help but find it somewhat amusing, ShadowMaat, and didn't miss the irony, of you vigorously defending your right to speak your mind and voice your opinion (yay to that, you go, girl) while spending the rest of your post trying to deny others the same right and suggesting they shut up. :p Forums are made for speculation and opinion. Of all shades. If everyone here heeded your advice and did neither, we'd be the poorer for it and GW would be a much duller place to visit. ;)

Albion :)

aAnubiSs
November 16th, 2004, 07:12 AM
I'd love to have him back, but the chances of him being anything more than a one-off - if that - in s9 is pretty much nil. He's signed up for at least two more Firefly films.

But hey, silver lining - He's signed up for at least two more Firefly films! :)

Yes but Joss first has to write the movies, get actors and all the other boring stuff, and that takes around a year or so, and by then SG1 S9 is done filming.

And I thought they all signed up for another(One, not two) FireFly-project. Spin-off, Season 2 or a movie. But I may be wrong.

Madeleine
November 16th, 2004, 09:16 AM
The first spinoff movie from Firefly is in post-production, and all nine actors are signed up to two more. If the first one tanks then the other two won't be made, but if they all do respectably enough there could well be more.

aAnubiSs
November 16th, 2004, 09:31 AM
I wouldn't exactly call Serenity a spin-off, since it's the same characters and everything :)

Hyperspace
November 16th, 2004, 10:33 AM
I really think that the opening is perfect for Jonas' return, of course there needs to be a little more differentiation between him and Daniel, but I think it would be great to have him back!

Janus
November 16th, 2004, 10:35 AM
I really think that the opening is perfect for Jonas' return, of course there needs to be a little more differentiation between him and Daniel, but I think it would be great to have him back!

Seconded.
And I wonder what would happen if you put him and Bra'tac together.

Frostfox
November 16th, 2004, 02:03 PM
They should bring back Jonas rather than a new character.
Terry Farrell(Dax) left Deep Space Nine a year before it finished and they introduced a new character to replace her(can'tremember her name).
The new character failed and just got in the way of the story and we had pointless eps trying to introduce her to a well established set of characters.

Ezri.
Cute and spunky but, yes, setting her up for just the last season was a waste of storytelling time and energy.

Teal'c
November 16th, 2004, 02:20 PM
I'm sick of this "they want to forget Season 6" crap. Because that's what it is, utter crap.

SPOILERS Season 6, and some stuff after that too.

The X-302, Aiyanna, Steveston, Jack's torture, Felger, Her'ak, Egeria, Tretonin, Prometheus, Julia Donovan, the Replicators, the Sight Unseen device, Kinsey's campaign, Maybourne, the Hebridians, the symbiote loss, stranded Prometheus, Anubis' weapon and Daniel's ascension never came up again after Season 6, did they? :P

keshou
November 16th, 2004, 02:47 PM
I'm sick of this "they want to forget Season 6" crap. Because that's what it is, utter crap.
Totally agree. The only thing they want to forget is Jonas, apparently.

ShadowMaat
November 16th, 2004, 03:26 PM
I'm sorry, but I couldn't pass this by. :D I can't help but find it somewhat amusing, ShadowMaat, and didn't miss the irony, of you vigorously defending your right to speak your mind and voice your opinion (yay to that, you go, girl) while spending the rest of your post trying to deny others the same right and suggesting they shut up. :p Forums are made for speculation and opinion. Of all shades. If everyone here heeded your advice and did neither, we'd be the poorer for it and GW would be a much duller place to visit. ;)
Know what my problem is? It's that I love Jonas. I love his character, I love what he brought to the show, I thought Corin did a fantastic job portraying him and and I loved the storyline TPTB started for him. But then S6 was over and Jonas and his fans have been getting shafted ever since. Having Jonas return is something that I and many others want very badly, but TPTB have made it abundantly clear that it will never happen, so seeing all these people talk about how great it'd be to see Jonas again... it hurts. It hurts even more to know that I spent almost two years wading through page after page (not necessarily here) of death threats and vitriol regarding Jonas and what utter crap he was and how so many people wished he'd DIE so they could bring Daniel back. It was two years of hatred only to have an apparent complete turn-around as more and more people say, "Gee, Jonas wasn't so bad after all. It might be nice to see him again." I'd like to know where all these supporters were back at the end of S5 and in S6 and on into S7 when all the nastiness was going on.

I'm bitter. I've never made any secret of that. I'm hurt by the decision TPTB have made and frankly I don't care WHAT their reasonings were. I'm hurt by the "too little, too late" support of fandom calling for his return when there's no chance in the nine circles of Hell of us ever seeing him again. I'm hurt to think that such a great potential storyline should be so thoroughly wiped from existence with no resolution given to it.

Sure, it's a little overboard, but that's how I feel about it. Seeing people ask for Jonas to return when I know it'll never happen hurts. And I don't want people to raise any false hopes about the possibility that he could return. I know how it feels to have hope crushed and I don't want to wish that on anyone else.

Catysg1
November 16th, 2004, 03:59 PM
.I really liked Jonas ..I wish he could come back for season 9 ..he was a breath of fresh air for the show .. a great actor and so good looking ;) and I loved all his centric episodes ;)

Please ..please TPTB can I have Jonas back please to team up with the others ?! ;)

Caty :)

DANIquinn
November 22nd, 2004, 02:35 PM
Hey, I loved Jonas Quinn (anyone notice the quinn in DANIquinn), but I can accept that TPTB are done with him. I would love to see him come back in S9, but I just don't see that happening. It was great while it lasted, but its over now. No one can satisfy every fan. In the grand scheme of things, some people have to be left behind, and Jonas isn't the only one who has been.

But I look at on the bright side. Other characters have been killed off (Janet, for example). Jonas wasn't (when I heard Daniel was returning in S7, I feared he would be--I'm so glad he wasn't). Thus, there's always that possibility... (though don't get your hopes up).

Catysg1
November 22nd, 2004, 03:19 PM

I also want Jonas back for season 9 ..he was a breath of fresh air for the show and was an interesting character...I want him back :) ;) :D

Please TPTB ;)

Thank you for listening ;)

Caty

Zamboni
November 22nd, 2004, 05:55 PM
I've only got one question... What the heck is TPTB?

Oh and could they bring back Anise? She's hot...

Skydiver
November 22nd, 2004, 06:10 PM
I've only got one question... What the heck is TPTB?

Oh and could they bring back Anise? She's hot...

the
powers
that
be

in other words the writers/producers/directors of the show