This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it just me or...

Is it just me or does Universe sound similar to Sliders and Stargate Infinity, just on a ship.

I mean I'm gonna give the show a chance (the pilot) if it doesn't impress then I'm not following it.

Give me your views on the idea and plot of Universe.
    sigpic
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard!!" campaign.

Sorry but you banner made me laugh. They are pissed? :amused: Don't you mean pissed off? Maybe the whole gang is drunk as a skunk sometimes on a weekend but :looks again at the banner and keels over from laughing:
    He's like fire, ice and rage. He's like the night, and the storm in the heart of the sun.
    He's ancient and forever. He burns at the centre of time and he can see the turn of the universe.
    And he's wonderful.

Comment

Originally posted by huntress View Post
      Sorry but you banner made me laugh. They are pissed? :amused: Don't you mean pissed off? Maybe the whole gang is drunk as a skunk sometimes on a weekend but :looks again at the banner and keels over from laughing:
      Wow, yeah thats what it means pissed = pissed off.
      Put 2 and 2 together mate.
      sigpic
      Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard!!" campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by Why Carson? Why? View Post
        Is it just me or does Universe sound similar to Sliders and Stargate Infinity, just on a ship.

I mean I'm gonna give the show a chance (the pilot) if it doesn't impress then I'm not following it.

Give me your views on the idea and plot of Universe.
        How is the premise anything like either?

Wow, yeah thats what it means pissed = pissed off.
        Put 2 and 2 together mate.
        Not in the UK it doesn't.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          How is the premise anything like either?

I was just about to point that out. The hilarity of it in said context got me a chuckle.
          If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Hello

And yes, you're absolutely right !!

It sounds like Sliders!! (my first SF show...).

So... it's not very original... but we will wait and see. Who knows ? Perhaps it will be a good surprise..?

http://www.fanfiction.net/~mackenzie777

Comment

Um, didn't Sliders have to do with traveling to alternate universes? Like Daedalus Variations?

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                Does "pissed" mean drunk in Britain?
                I'm from California and I never heard it used to mean anything but mad or angry. (although I know I want to piss alot when I'm drunk)
                I like this forum, I learn something new and useful all the time!

Comment

there's already a thread on this

Comment

...if Universe is like Sliders, then so is Stargate SG-1. But instead of different alternate univseres, we have a different planet everyday.

Honestly, thats the biggest stretch in the history of man kind. And I know nothing about Infinity....so yea.

Comment

I never watched Sliders but I always thought it was about people travelling through wormhole type creations that popped up at random places.

In Canada, pissed means drunk. I get pissed on the weekends.

Comment

In Australia Pissed Off means angry.
                        But you can say "I'm so pissed right now!" and depending on how you say it (Angrily or sluggishly) means if you are drunk, or not, or both (If you the angry type and get drunk XD).

So it all depends on the context it's said in, in Australia any way.

Here we just put 2 and 2 together.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucylee View Post
                          Does "pissed" mean drunk in Britain?
                          I'm from California and I never heard it used to mean anything but mad or angry. (although I know I want to piss alot when I'm drunk)
                          I like this forum, I learn something new and useful all the time!
                          It can mean either, again depending on the tone used when saying it. At least, I use it in both contexts.
                          No boom today. Boom tomorrow, there is always a boom tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                          X