This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are the chances...

What are the chances of Atlantis returning, i really don't think that it will as much as i want it to and to have Universe take a back seat or just not get done.

If Universe does crap and we keep going on about bringing Atlantis back what are the chances.
    sigpic
    Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard!!" campaign.

100%. Watch the first telefilm and there will likely be more.

No, seriously, as a weekly series? I'd say beneath 2% at best. SGU would have to tank, hard, and then all that money which would be wasted would be a major issue prohibiting Wright from having the kind of cash flow to bring another show back for a while. A lot is riding on SGU's success, because it's going to be an expensive series to produce, as these all are.

After that, even if somehow the money was there while the cast is still available enough (and if anyone gets a major role somewhere else, that would be a huge issue as well) the odds of Wright deciding to just bring back Atlantis are slim to none, IMO, because I just don't think he'd do it.

The telefilms would also have to perform well in ratings and DVD sales, but that's contradictory. If they perform so well, Wright's mindset would clearly disallow that to mean too much in correlation with bringing it back as a weekly series. Look at SG-1 for example. Post-10 has been rather profitable, what with the sales on Ark of Truth and Continuum. But that doesn't mean he'd suddenly start looking to bring it back on the air if the new series bombs. It means he'll keep his fingers crossed that future SG-1 productions remain equally profitable as DTVs.
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

0% chance. As much as I'd love for it to be different SGA isn't coming back as a series the decision has been made and nothing is going to change that.

The campaigning is great because it lets TPTB at MGM etc know that we disagree with their decision, lets them know that we don't like the way we've been treated as fans and it also lets the people involved in the show know how much we care and how much we appreciate their work over the last five years - but it isn't going to bring Atlantis back.

If SGU tanks they're not going to suddenly decide to bring SGA back, in fact if SGU fails it will probably have a negative impact on whether SGA films continue to be made - the franchise as a whole has to stay strong in order for it to be worth MGM's while.

Comment

Fair enough, yeah that was my view on just wanted to get other views on it, I really don't see Universe going anywhere though.
        sigpic

Comment

Well if they got rid of Mollizzie, who was more interested in his showing off the lame azz food he was eating when he should have been concentrating on Atlantis, then maybe it might work!!
          Why did you do such a thing, you mediocre dunces?

Comment

I just wish there was something we could do to ultimately get Atlantis back... If only...
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
              Well if they got rid of Mollizzie, who was more interested in his showing off the lame azz food he was eating when he should have been concentrating on Atlantis, then maybe it might work!!
              Don't be ridiculous, don't you have interests outside of work? Or do you think the producers should be chained to their desks 24/7 working.

He's a foodie, its a hobby. Most people do write about their hobbies on their personal blog. Having interests outside of his job doesn't mean he isn't working hard enough.

Comment

Originally posted by pilgrim soul View Post
                Don't be ridiculous, don't you have interests outside of work? Or do you think the producers should be chained to their desks 24/7 working.

He's a foodie, its a hobby. Most people do write about their hobbies on their personal blog. Having interests outside of his job doesn't mean he isn't working hard enough.
                Thank you.
                If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Slim to none. I can't see them bringing it back unless they had ideas on how to take the show forwards. As right now it looks like the replicators are done and dusted, the wraith are in a hole that they need to get out of (not literally) and the new enemy I haven't seen yet but I heard its not been mentioned in the second half of the series. So at the moment Atlantis is not as strong as it was back in season 1, there aren't that many enemies and they are pretty much gaining the upper hand on everyone. So I can't see them returning Atlantis for a 6th season under the current climate.

As it wouldn't make sense to bring it back except for DVD movies. I also believe that they should focus all their energy on making SGU the best series they possibly can, as having more SG1 movies and Atlantis movies will only distract them. They should focus on getting SGU up and running. So I can't see Atlantis returning except for DVD movies, as it looks like things will be wrapped up at the end of season 5.
                  sigpic

Comment

Well, I am writing letters and sending in the lemons but to be honest I think the chances of getting a sixth season are unfortunately slim to none.

The main reasons I am writing letters and sending in lemons is:

1. It makes me feel better that I have been able to express my opinion and thoughts on the cancellation. Is anyone listening? – probably not but for me it is a way to vent my frustration.

2. It shows TPTB that there is fan support for the show. Right now I am very doubtful we will get another SGA movie beyond the first one so I think it is important to show support for that reason.

3. It is a way to show the actors and crew that the fans love and support them and the show.

4. And even with though the chance of getting the show back for a sixth season are very slim, it doesn’t hurt to try.

Comment

Originally posted by EdenSG View Post
                      Well, I am writing letters and sending in the lemons but to be honest I think the chances of getting a sixth season are unfortunately slim to none.

The main reasons I am writing letters and sending in lemons is:

1. It makes me feel better that I have been able to express my opinion and thoughts on the cancellation. Is anyone listening? – probably not but for me it is a way to vent my frustration.

2. It shows TPTB that there is fan support for the show. Right now I am very doubtful we will get another SGA movie beyond the first one so I think it is important to show support for that reason.

3. It is a way to show the actors and crew that the fans love and support them and the show.

4. And even with though the chance of getting the show back for a sixth season are very slim, it doesn’t hurt to try.
                      Totaly agree with you!!
                      Right now, i feel that i need to see not 1 but 10 movies to make it right!!!!!!
                      Or a mini serries , something more than one movie certainly.
                      Spoiler:
                      APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
                      (YEAR 0 - 100)
                      "O thou Sun,
                      send me as far over the earth
                      as is my pleasure and thine,
                      and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
                      but never hear anything of bad ones,
                      nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by fumblesmcstupid View Post
                        Who?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

Joe Mallozzi

Comment

I just wish that they would stick with SGA... but there not going to
                            sigpic

Comment

Wow… we can only hope!
                              I will be very happy to know that they’re giving us a new season… I miss SGA already!

Comment

Working...
                              X