X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When was Todd's last queen killed?

There's a line in this episode, from Teyla, something along the lines of:

"And your Queen was killed last year in the skies above Atlantis"

When was this? I'm trying to think about the last time there was a battle with the Wraith above Atlantis and all I can come up with is the Siege back in season 1/2. Every other battle with the Wraith has been away from Atlantis I think.

Anyone else got an idea what she is referring to?
    I hope you like Guinness sir, I find it a refreshing substitute for.... food

The Seer. Todd's hive deliberately sacrificed itself to prevent Atlantis's location from being known to the rest of the Wraith.
    http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
      The Seer. Todd's hive deliberately sacrificed itself to prevent Atlantis's location from being known to the rest of the Wraith.
      Did it? Fair enough, forgot about that one
      I hope you like Guinness sir, I find it a refreshing substitute for.... food

Comment

I don't think the Hive intentionally got itself destroyed. There's no way a Queen would deliberately sacrifice herself for humans.

Comment

They just recylced the space battle from "the hive" which ended with both hives being destroyed.

Comment

which shows us that todd is in fact a good wraith
            Vice Admiral and occasionally the Acting Leader of the Gateworld Cantina
            sigpic

Comment

Its a little more gray then that. Todd sacrificed his Hive because he saw the the bigger picture ie defeating the Asurans
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Come to think of it do we even know that he actually had a queen on that ship. Seems odd he'd be giving the orders if there had been.

Comment

True but he sems to be high up I think he may have been as high up as the male wraith in Sateda before he was captured. (just speculation)

Comment

Originally posted by Ouroboros View Post
                    Come to think of it do we even know that he actually had a queen on that ship. Seems odd he'd be giving the orders if there had been.

It seems that the Queens use their commanders to run things, to negotiate, and give orders. Todd had obviously been negotiating with the alliance, but had not met the Primary face-to-face. Therefore, he must have dealt with the other commander and though it made them suspicious, they still accepted the arrangement. They accepted that Todd's 'queen' had put him in charge - so it must not be an uncommon thing for Queens to do.

I think Queens (as a rule) think themselves above menial tasks. They make decisions, but do not necessary bother themselves with always being the ones giving the orders. In The Seer, I imagine it to be something like this:

Todd joins a hive. The Replicators start causing problems. It becomes known that the Lanteans messed with the code (Travelers). Todd's hive and queen learn of this. Todd informs his queen that he personally knows one of the Lanteans, and that - perhaps - a favor it owed. He convinces his Queen that it is worth the risk to make contact, BUT...there must be conditions or the Lanteans will never agree. He knows how the Lanteans think, and that they will shoot first, and ask questions later. The Queen would be reluctant, but eventually see the wisdom in Todd's plan, mainly because of his connection with Sheppard and his knowledge of the Lanteans. She would give the order to implement the plan, but it would be Todd who carries it out.

Basically, the Queen makes the decision to do this or that, but leaves it up to her commanders to actually carry out her orders. I believe this was also alluded to at the end of The Queen, where Queen Teyla leaves Todd in control of everything - she simply made the decision to put him in charge, and now he has free rein to give the orders.

das
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Infinatus View Post
                      I don't think the Hive intentionally got itself destroyed. There's no way a Queen would deliberately sacrifice herself for humans.
                      I agree with that. just not like a wraith, and even if that did happen the queen would have fled in a smaller ship or something and then regroup in numbers. don't wraith hives have more than one ship ? I know the primary had the most ships.

wraith would rarely do anything for anyone else unless they had something to gain. i'm not being mean to wraith, it's just in their nature... well from what i've seen so far. but heck, we love them
                      sigpic

Comment

In the skys above Atlantis is in season four's " The Seer" like other's have said.

I agree with Das, but I think it might been Todd's real queen that was killed. I don't think a newer queen would have really held his respect and I don't think a new queen would trusted any commander she didn't know well to the extent of allowing him to work with "lowly" humans. She had to have some real confidence in Todd to go with a plan like this. It's shameful: Todd's Queen has to be older than 10,000 years but is killed because of us.

We wake them up, cause a civil war, screw with their food supply, and kill his queen. Amazing he still works with us, isn't it?
                        WraithQueenH

"You are more like Wraith than you know."
                        "I'm not sure I like the sound of that."
                        "There is much about Wraith that you do not know, Sheppard."
                        - John Sheppard and Todd, "Common Ground"

"We all agree the Ancients were pretty screwed up. All the ones I met were arrogant and condescending and not for good reason. Now they made giant mistakes and never fixed them." - John Sheppard

Comment

Working...
                        X