PDA

View Full Version : The Structure of Stargate Universe

Tri_rule
September 16th, 2008, 04:27 AM
Apologies if everyone already knows but how do you think they will 'structure' SGU what i mean is do you think they will stick to the classic stargate formula of 20-22 episodes, 40mins in length with 20 mins woth of adverts?

Because if there taking the show 'in a new direction' they might as well go all the way and make something like 14-15 episodes 55mins, with only one ad break.

probably a VERY slim chance of this happening but it would be cool if they did.... any thoughts?

Jack_Bauer
September 16th, 2008, 04:28 AM
Apologies if everyone already knows but how do you think they will 'structure' SGU what i mean is do you think they will stick to the classic stargate formula of 20-22 episodes, 40mins in length with 20 mins woth of adverts?

Because if there taking the show 'in a new direction' they might as well go all the way and make something like 14-15 episodes 55mins, with only one ad break.

probably a VERY slim chance of this happening but it would be cool if they did.... any thoughts?

won;t less adds mean less money for sci-fi and thus less money for the production team of stargate?

The Prophet
September 16th, 2008, 04:35 AM
The ad breaks are how TV series get their income; having less of them would reduce that, thus making Universe less profitable.

The Signal
September 16th, 2008, 05:46 AM
It's hardly Stargate's formula, it's the standard way of doing things on most American networks. In terms of sturcture, I'd like to see the emerging six-act structure used on the show, keeps things going but needs a stronger writing team than team SG appears to have at their disposal. New show, new target audience, new blood :)

kymeric
September 16th, 2008, 05:54 AM
Its predicessors had 2 'eras' in each show, (sg1 1-7, 8-9 and sga 1, 2-5). I would hope they take what worked from each of the eras and shove them together to make the best format + new characters + new setting.