This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Structure of Stargate Universe

Apologies if everyone already knows but how do you think they will 'structure' SGU what i mean is do you think they will stick to the classic stargate formula of 20-22 episodes, 40mins in length with 20 mins woth of adverts?

Because if there taking the show 'in a new direction' they might as well go all the way and make something like 14-15 episodes 55mins, with only one ad break.

probably a VERY slim chance of this happening but it would be cool if they did.... any thoughts?

Originally posted by Tri_rule View Post
    Apologies if everyone already knows but how do you think they will 'structure' SGU what i mean is do you think they will stick to the classic stargate formula of 20-22 episodes, 40mins in length with 20 mins woth of adverts?

Because if there taking the show 'in a new direction' they might as well go all the way and make something like 14-15 episodes 55mins, with only one ad break.

probably a VERY slim chance of this happening but it would be cool if they did.... any thoughts?
    won;t less adds mean less money for sci-fi and thus less money for the production team of stargate?
    Meh.

Comment

The ad breaks are how TV series get their income; having less of them would reduce that, thus making Universe less profitable.

Comment

It's hardly Stargate's formula, it's the standard way of doing things on most American networks. In terms of sturcture, I'd like to see the emerging six-act structure used on the show, keeps things going but needs a stronger writing team than team SG appears to have at their disposal. New show, new target audience, new blood
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Its predicessors had 2 'eras' in each show, (sg1 1-7, 8-9 and sga 1, 2-5). I would hope they take what worked from each of the eras and shove them together to make the best format + new characters + new setting.

Comment

Working...
          X