Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wil the Wraith fade into the background?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wil the Wraith fade into the background?

Given the cancelation of Atlantis and the introduction of a new enemy race in the latter half of season 5, do you gateworlders think the Wraith are going to fade into the background?

Perhaps they will be further weakened by the arrival of the new enemy and be deemed an insignificant foe by the Atlanteans....

Thoughts people!
    Meh.

I don't think so. wraith have an involvement in upcoming episodes and JM hinted in his blog that they also play a part in the SGA movie. also, so far,
    Spoiler:
    no mention of the new enemy has been made beyond the mid-season two-part episode.

I hope wraith don't fade (well... anymore so than they have already thanks to the writers killing their credibility ), because they've barely been developed. I also don't want them wiped out just so the SGA movie(s) can bring a quick resolution to that storyline. I'd rather see wraith continue on and maybe the
    Spoiler:
    gene therapy aids with that.

Comment

Could go either way. If we were talking on this issue at the end of say season 2 then I'd say no, but at the end of season 5 then I'd probably be wondering how they could make them a threat again. As Michael was the only real viable threat from the Wraith in recent seasons and that has been reduced to nothing unless he reappears.

So I think they may have a role to play in the movies, and hopefully they can get them back up and kicking ass. As they were a potentially great enemy for Atlantis to have, but with the writing being slightly poor, they have been made pretty much irrelevant. Maybe they will get back on their feet. As for this new enemy who knows, with Atlantis being canceled, maybe they will fade into the background because the writers thought they would have a 6th or 7th season to develop them.
      sigpic

Comment

In a perfect sci fi world, the Wraith would become much like the Klingons in Star Trek - Always present, ALWAYS a threat, but no longer the main 'villain', allowing for both the introduction of new bad guys, as well as times of cooperation between Wraith and human (or, more precisely, the Lanteans) to fight against a common foe.

This would allow for both 'evil' Wraith factions or hives (like the uber Wraith in Sateda), and grey-area, really can't trust 'em 100% 'allies' like Todd and his new alliance. It also leaves plenty of room for other enemies to emerge. Really, when you get down to basics, SGA is more about the Wraith than about the main characters. To get rid of them, or allow them to fade too far into the background, would really bring an end to what SGA is all about...protecting a galaxy from life-sucking bugs, while (now) trying to find a way to live in harmony with those same life-sucking bugs.

If the Wraith were ever to fade away, in order to keep SGA 'SGA', they would need a continued Wraith presence...perhaps one who even joins the team...and, of course, my vote would be for Todd.

And there is something else. The galaxy BELONGS to the Wraith - this is their home. It does NOT belong to the humans from earth. They have invaded, and have upset the balance. Therefore, I'd have no qualms in seeing Todd eventually become 'king' of all Wraith, and for the Wraith to once again rule supreme over the galaxy - given one thing: That he does agree to the gene therapy, and if that therapy does NOT cause him, or the Wraith, any harm. I feel that Todd - who now both understands humans and his own kind - would be in the best, most understanding (i.e. compassionate) position to rule over both humans and Wraith.

If a human became all powerful, he would certainly wipe out the Wraith - even alternative feeding Wraith - just out of spite. If another Wraith took power, he may reason that with such power, the Wraith could go back to feeding on humans. But Todd is wise enough to now see how ultimate power and arrogance was both the downfall of the Ancients, and now the Wraith, and that an alliance between Wraith and human is in the best interests of all involved.

Or...at least I'd like to think so.

das
        Last edited by dasNdanger; 16 September 2008, 04:21 AM.
        sigpic

Comment

I don't think they'll simply fade away, no. I think they will be an everlasting threat, just, diminished.
          If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

The Treatment to eliminate the Wraith's need to feed may turn out to be the same/similar olive branch the Federation gave to the Klingon Empire after the incident in which Praxis was destroyed and the Klingon Empire had about 50 years of life.
            http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

no I don't think so. Joe said
              Missy writes: “Just a quick question, Are you planning on wrapping up the wraith story line between now and the movie, or are you gonna save them for other movies?”

Answer: Some storylines will be wrapped up by series end, but the wraith will continue to be a presence beyond our 100th episode.
              http://josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/...ests-and-pics/
              sigpic
              The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24
                The Treatment to eliminate the Wraith's need to feed may turn out to be the same/similar olive branch the Federation gave to the Klingon Empire after the incident in which Praxis was destroyed and the Klingon Empire had about 50 years of life.
                That was one hell of a run-on.
                http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Thats nothing. I once wrote a 3 page paper that was one sentence.
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                  X