X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Wraith/Lantean War

I've been thinking about this (and sorry if this has already been done):
    When the Lanteans vacated the city, how did the Wraith know that? Wouldn't they have just kept firing because how would they have known that the Lanteans had vacated the city?

Originally posted by mike123 View Post
    I've been thinking about this (and sorry if this has already been done):
    When the Lanteans vacated the city, how did the Wraith know that? Wouldn't they have just kept firing because how would they have known that the Lanteans had vacated the city?
    The Wraith probably did and just gave up eventually once it was clear the Ancients were no longer fighting back.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

So in "Before I Sleep",
      Spoiler:
      before the other Elizabeth could put the city to slumber, wouldn't she have to wait for the Wraith to stop firing on the city.

Comment

Originally posted by mike123 View Post
        So in "Before I Sleep",
        Spoiler:
        before the other Elizabeth could put the city to slumber, wouldn't she have to wait for the Wraith to stop firing on the city.

why? all she did was shut down all of the secondary systems like the lights and computers and left on the shield, life support,etc. the wraith werent fireing on the city anymore anyways because the water was dissapating most of their wepons fire. all the wraith really were doing was surrounding the city and preventing any ships from reaching atlantis.
        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Well, I don't think the Wraith were still firing on it when it submerged?

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

The water dissipated the Wraith weapons until the point where it basically did nothing to the city's shields... the Wraith had no way in basically
            Meh.

Comment

So why didn't the Lantean's submerge the city and stay?

If the weapons fire did nothing and the Wraith gave up, why leave. It wouldn't make sense to leave as they still had access to the stargate and to the universe they were in. Unless it was a case of supplies and all that.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1989 View Post
                So why didn't the Lantean's submerge the city and stay?

If the weapons fire did nothing and the Wraith gave up, why leave. It wouldn't make sense to leave as they still had access to the stargate and to the universe they were in. Unless it was a case of supplies and all that.
                cos then we wouldn;t have Stargate Atlantis (well used to, after season 5)
                Meh.

Comment

Well that's the thing, that part doesn't make sense to me. As if the Lanteans could submerge the city and the weapons fire didn't harm them, and they could survive living down there with the shields etc. Then there would be no real need to abandon the place.

Unless it was because the Wraith pretty much owned the whole galaxy and they decided, what the hey we might as well give up and head onto a new one. Start again kinda notion. So I suppose I can see why they left...
                  sigpic

Comment

There was not much galaxy for them left to stay in. They had the entire galaxy, minus Lantea.

There was nothing more they could do, as they had (practically) no more ships to fight with, only the city was left.

The only thing they could do was continue fighting and die, and lose the city, or trying a last thing to keep it safe for their descendants to find later on, which they did.

In Loving Memory of Wraithlord.

I wish I got to know you better.

Comment

The Wraith's weapons would have dissipated because of the ocean. I think the Wraith could have found a way in if they really wanted to (eg if they found out about another galaxy).

I think the Wraith probably thought those Lanteans would try and ascend and no longer become a threat to them.
                      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                        The Wraith's weapons would have dissipated because of the ocean. I think the Wraith could have found a way in if they really wanted to (eg if they found out about another galaxy).

I think the Wraith probably thought those Lanteans would try and ascend and no longer become a threat to them.
                        How would the Wraith have got past the shields?
                        Meh.

Comment

This is a prime example why SGA should've actually explained the Wraith/Ancients war.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
                            The water dissipated the Wraith weapons until the point where it basically did nothing to the city's shields... the Wraith had no way in basically
                            In First Strike says, that water weaken the wraith weapons, not disable affect of them.
                            Asgard in memoriam

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis- View Post
                              In First Strike says, that water weaken the wraith weapons, not disable affect of them.
                              yeah but if you read my post back properly u will realise i said, basically do nothing to the city's shields. I didnt say it didnt impact the shields, just that it didnt do enough to rain the ZPM's or worry the Ancients, hence, basically doing nothing to the shields
                              Meh.

Comment

Working...
                              X