This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sign the “Nicole DeBoer on Stargate Universe” Petition

Every real Stargate fan would not 'diss' SGU. You would have loved the news of a new series if it were not coupled with the sad demise of the SGA TV series.

Alas, this is what we were dealt and we just try to make the best of it.

In my case, I would love to see Nicole de Boer continue her role of Dr. Alison Porter in the new series as a series regular!

Go over to here to sign the petition!

While I don't agree with the term of a 'real' fan of anything in such definitions, I'll spare you from a longwinded rant to that end. More importantly, I signed.
    If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

No thanks. She was the dullest character out of the four IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
        More importantly, I signed.
        thanks for signing!

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
        While I don't agree with the term of a 'real' fan of anything in such definitions, I'll spare you from a longwinded rant to that end.
        thanks for that too! no offence intended.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
          No thanks. She was the dullest character out of the four IMO.
          ouch.

Comment

After only one episide, I can't say yes. I don't know her character well enough

Go Green

Comment

As far as saying 'real Stargate fan' I assume you (stargatecomplex.com) mean someone who will religously watch any show/movie related to the original movie (eg: SG1, SGA, Ark of Truth, Continuum, all future SG1 and SGA movies when they arrive), in which case I would say that I fit into this category, but I'm not a convention nut (not that there's anything wrong with going to them, dressing up as characters and being that committed) and I can honestly say that I was excited when I first heard the concept for Universe.
              I was of course extremely peeved at Atlantis being cancelled and have since signed an online petition against this decision.
              Like alot of others I thought that the decision to make Universe and cancel the Atlantis TV show was a little too conveniant, but this did not change my decision that I will be watching Universe from start to finish (unless I think it's not any good, but I'll give it a good chance to impress me) as I have with SG1 (TV show and movies) and Atlantis.

Oh and I think Nicole DeBoer would be a welcome addition to anyone they decide to cast in Universe hence why I signed your petition.
              I wouldn't say that Whispers was the best SGA episode so far, but she was a welcome addition to the cast, also I liked her very much in DS9 (don't if you've watched any of the seasons)as Dax, I think she was only in a few episodes in the last series (it's been ages since I've watched it, so forgive me if that's wrong).

Another person for your thread and petion, hopefully more will follow

Comment

Its not at all that I would be opposed to seeing her again, because I sorta would like to, but would this make the show appear to some like even more of a "Star Trek rip off" at least a little?
                Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 15 September 2008, 08:51 PM.
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

How about Fran instead?

Comment

you know, i'm beyond 'not fond' of the term 'real fan'...because define it. Define in a quantitative and provable way.

You can't.

No one can.

So let's lose all this 'real fan' crud.
                    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rise Of The Phoenix View Post
                      As far as saying 'real Stargate fan' I assume you (stargatecomplex.com) mean someone who will religously watch any show/movie related to the original movie (eg: SG1, SGA, Ark of Truth, Continuum, all future SG1 and SGA movies when they arrive), in which case I would say that I fit into this category, but I'm not a convention nut (not that there's anything wrong with going to them, dressing up as characters and being that committed) and I can honestly say that I was excited when I first heard the concept for Universe.
                      I was of course extremely peeved at Atlantis being cancelled and have since signed an online petition against this decision.
                      Like alot of others I thought that the decision to make Universe and cancel the Atlantis TV show was a little too conveniant, but this did not change my decision that I will be watching Universe from start to finish (unless I think it's not any good, but I'll give it a good chance to impress me) as I have with SG1 (TV show and movies) and Atlantis.

Oh and I think Nicole DeBoer would be a welcome addition to anyone they decide to cast in Universe hence why I signed your petition.
                      I wouldn't say that Whispers was the best SGA episode so far, but she was a welcome addition to the cast, also I liked her very much in DS9 (don't if you've watched any of the seasons)as Dax, I think she was only in a few episodes in the last series (it's been ages since I've watched it, so forgive me if that's wrong).

Another person for your thread and petion, hopefully more will follow
                      I must say that we have exactly the same views. I do hope a lot more people sign this petition.

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                        After only one episide, I can't say yes. I don't know her character well enough
                        Well, here's hoping she does join the cast and win you over. She is a great actress and I've seen her on Cube, DS9 and the Dead Zone.

As for her character, that's up to the writers. as with all other cast members.

I started this petition because I believed Nicole de Boer, as an actress, would be a great addition to the cast. Her character development will follow later.

Comment

Originally posted by Moao View Post
                          How about Fran instead?
                          It doesn't have to be one or the other. we can try for both.

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                            Its not at all that I would be opposed to seeing her again, because I sorta would, but would this make the show appear to some like even more of a "Star Trek rip off" at least a little?
                            Unfortunately, there are no more original ideas out there. So any idea is just a variation of one idea which may actually be another variation of another idea.

it's all too confusing. But I don't think of it as a rip off but a 'nod'. Voyager was one of the better Star Trek series. IMO. (at least the last 5 seasons).

As to Nicole making SGU more of a rip off? hmmm. I'd like to say no. but come to think of it, I see why some people will.

ah well.

Comment

While I think de Boer's character was the highlight of "Whispers" and I would tentitively welcome her on Universe I don't feel strongly enough to sign a petition on the issue.

If she's on SG:U fine, if not, no big loss for me.
                              "What's your situation?"
                              "I'm hiding. What's yours?"

Comment

Working...
                              X