This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

support for stargate

I think stargates future is looking good an i'm very happy about the online stargate game thats coming out this year. I dont mind the name stargate universe i'm just happy that stargate will continue 2 entertain the many fans around the world. by the way what r the furlings?.

the furlings are 1 of the four great races intrduced in sg1 (S1) they back story hasn't been delt with yet
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
      the furlings are 1 of the four great races intrduced in sg1 (S1) they back story hasn't been delt with yet
      Yet... lets hope we finally get to find out about them.

Comment

Concerning whether the franchise is looking good or not, IMO we will find out the night of the pilot...
        Meh.

Comment

what series do thay plan on bring in the furlings any one know ?

Comment

Originally posted by spacespartan View Post
            I think stargates future is looking good an i'm very happy about the online stargate game thats coming out this year. I dont mind the name stargate universe i'm just happy that stargate will continue 2 entertain the many fans around the world. by the way what r the furlings?.
            the game is running a closed beta later this year, so don't expect to be playing it until mid 2009, sorry

and I hope they don't ever give us the backstory to the Furlings, it will always leave us wanting more. or maybe that will be the next series after universe makes its 5 seasons?

They have been mentioned for several episodes and it is suggested that some of the technology is Furling Tech. But the only episode you get to see them is SG-1 "200", but of course it was a joke.

Comment

I think stargates future is looking good. I dont mind the name stargate universe i'm just happy that stargate will continue 2 entertain the many fans around the world.
              I have to disagree, i think the Stargate franchise is going to take a nose dive one with the cancellation of Atlantis and the release of Universe people being pissed off or not i think that Universe will not do well at all and will eventually kill the Stargate Franchise...
              sigpic
              Supporter of the "It's Asgard, NOT AsgUard!!" campaign.

Comment

Not so keen on having to pay a subscription for Worlds. As I said in the distant past on a long-dead thread, I would have loved to have seen a partially completed SG1: The Alliance released free and completed by Stargate fans with coding knowledge. That way, no subscriptions. Seems my idea didn't catch on, though (although it was the longest shot).

Comment

Originally posted by LostCityGuardian View Post
                  Not so keen on having to pay a subscription for Worlds. As I said in the distant past on a long-dead thread, I would have loved to have seen a partially completed SG1: The Alliance released free and completed by Stargate fans with coding knowledge. That way, no subscriptions. Seems my idea didn't catch on, though (although it was the longest shot).
                  that would be nice, but companies are seeing this as the wave of the future....all thanks to World Of Warcraft godamn that game. WoW has approx. 7 million subscriptions, which means $20/month is $140,000,000/month. Most video games are lucky to make that all together!!! With people stupid enough to pay these prices, why would they stop charging that?

There was a cool 3rd party SG game being created by fans, but MGM stepped in and shut them down with a lawsuit. a few months later they began work on Alliance, which 50 years later ended up getting scrapped anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by quade_1 View Post
                    that would be nice, but companies are seeing this as the wave of the future....all thanks to World Of Warcraft godamn that game. WoW has approx. 7 million subscriptions, which means $20/month is $140,000,000/month. Most video games are lucky to make that all together!!! With people stupid enough to pay these prices, why would they stop charging that?
                    Yeah. They love the idea of charging a big up-front fee, and then keeping a steady stream of money on tap afterwards (truly having the cake and eating it too). Which is why I'll avoid Worlds - I'm prepared to pay once for a game, but I'm not going to line a company's pockets every month. Frankly, I'm sort of dubious about Worlds anyway. I worry that it will be like most Star Trek games - a bit of fun, but not really anything like Star Trek itself. Which will be weird if Worlds is still supposed to be canonical.

Comment

well i hope and believe that a true stargate fans will forgive the cancellation of sga and continue 2 support the stargate franchise so we don't have 2 watch boring stuff I'm not saying that I'm not pissed about sga being cancelled i own season 1-4 and hoped that thay would make 10 seasons but stargate universe is better than no stargate.

Comment

well i hope and believe that a true stargate fans will forgive the cancellation of sga and continue 2 support the stargate franchise so we don't have 2 watch boring stuff I'm not saying that I'm not pissed about sga being cancelled i own season 1-4 and hoped that thay would make 10 seasons but stargate universe is better than no stargate.

Well what constitutes a "True Stargate fan" someone who must try all stargate related stuff?

Im a fan of Atlantis I didnt like SG1, I dont follow the Games and the idea of Universe with the scary cast call, makes me feel a tad ill.

I think different fans watch for different reasons, at the moment nothing draws me in to any other part of the franchise other than Atlantis.
                        sigpic
                        banner by Pandoras-box

Comment

Originally posted by stclare View Post
                          Well what constitutes a "True Stargate fan" someone who must try all stargate related stuff?

Im a fan of Atlantis I didnt like SG1, I dont follow the Games and the idea of Universe with the scary cast call, makes me feel a tad ill.

I think different fans watch for different reasons, at the moment nothing draws me in to any other part of the franchise other than Atlantis.
                          so your an Atlantis fan, Stargate fans would be SG-1/Atlantis/Universe/Movies and even the magazines, books and music. Nobody is better than the other, each show has its good and bad, and everybody has their own taste. But if you like Atlantis why not give Universe a chance, same writers/producers and mythology of Ancients.

Comment

Originally posted by Ackeb View Post
                            Yet... lets hope we finally get to find out about them.
                            Opening scene of episode 200. Lol...

Comment

Working...
                            X