Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Brad Wright and Others Rush Into Stargate Universe? What Do You Think?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did Brad Wright and Others Rush Into Stargate Universe? What Do You Think?

my question...or at least what it looks like, is BW rushed into the whole universe thing. I mean think about it...all of a sudden during season 4 we start to hear rumours about a 3rd stargate series and boom half way through season 5 its official...i mean it seems like he is ready to drop atlantis to start this new stargate series because he has all these really cool plans for it. Its like if you have a great idea and you want to get started as quickly as possible you forget about everything else. So atlantis gets cancelled when it was still in its prime...i mean you do not have to make a whole new series to try new ideas...do you?? i mean the pegasus galaxy is big enough anything is possible right? but anyways it just seems like he rushed into SGU is what i am saying i guess. I mean he and the other higher ups do not even have a cast yet or character names or anything, just an idea and they have to have a solid series ready to go in 5 to 6 months. dont they need more time??

what do you guys think? did BW and other higher ups rush alittle to quickly to SGU and they left atlantis behind? let me know what you think.

No. The first piece of news about a third series arrived in December 2006.
    sigpic

Well, not anymore... Good bye Atlantis!

Comment

Indeed, it's been in the works for ages. Atlantis, now that was rushed into production, the sets were being built before casting had been finished or scripts written.

Comment

Originally posted by Vespasianus View Post
        Originally posted by jenks View Post
        Indeed, it's been in the works for ages. Atlantis, now that was rushed into production, the sets were being built before casting had been finished or scripts written.
        double

SGU is being planned out coreeclty
        https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Vespasianus View Post
          Indeed, and it was no doubt being planned long before that. The recent news that hints were placed in the last season of SG-1 shows that they've had this planned out well.

They've taken their time with it. It's been on the cards for a while, and it will still be nearly another year before we see it.

Comment

Yeah. Calling this rushed is like telling people Rome was built in a day.
            If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor View Post
              Yeah. Calling this rushed is like telling people Rome was built in a day.
              Agreed plenty of time has been takin on SGU and I am excited to see what will come from it.

Comment

How do i know they have rushed it will look at SGA cancelled just like that! few days later BOOM SGU gets green light few weeks after that they say SGU filming is starting in feb 09, not only that they decide to show all 20 episodes so to quickly to end SGA.

pains me so much

Comment

Unless you have an Ent's sense of hasty, then I'm inclined to say that no, BW & co. didn't "rush into" anything.

As I recall quite a bit of time passed between the announcement of Atlantis and the casting details. Almost down to the wire, if I'm remembering the right thing. There's also the possibility that some details are being kept under wraps and while Stargate tends to hemorrhage spoilers, sometimes things are kept silent for a time.

Comment

Whether or not they have rushed it, i dont know.

But if BW has rushed it and has failed to plan things out appropriately, he will be out of a job andhe knows that. While he has been saying the franchise is as strong as it has ever been, he know that this is a risky move and could very well end the franchise for the time being if it flops.

I just hope he knows what he is doing and does some original stuff
                    Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
                      Whether or not they have rushed it, i dont know.

But if BW has rushed it and has failed to plan things out appropriately, he will be out of a job andhe knows that. While he has been saying the franchise is as strong as it has ever been, he know that this is a risky move and could very well end the franchise for the time being if it flops.

I just hope he knows what he is doing and does some original stuff
                      Agreed

I don't think that they rushed it though. Nearly 2 years since we first heard about it and surely they had put a little thought into it before that. It is also still nearly a year until we will see it. I think they have taken plenty of time to plan this all out and do it properly. With Atlantis they were finishing construction while shooting was going on and as I recall McKay wasn't even cast (or in the show) until the second day of shooting. Seems like they are doing it right and giving themselves a bit more time this trip.

I don't think Atlantis was canceled "just like that". Few things in the corporate world happen that quickly. There is a very good chance that this has been in talks for quite a while, that it has been planned out. It only seems sudden to us because they didn't tell us they were thinking about it before. The fact that the announcements were so close together leads me to think that they had it all worked out already.

Now I just hope that in the near future we get to find out a little bit more of what the new show will be like, or planned to be like.

Comment

I agree with the others here. BW has been working on this a long time. Both MGM and Sci-Fi seem to have known about it for a long time as well. I think they're planning carefully.

It just seems fast from the fan perspective because the major news announcements broke within days of each other.

Originally posted by SGFerrit View Post
                        Indeed, and it was no doubt being planned long before that. The recent news that hints were placed in the last season of SG-1 shows that they've had this planned out well.
                        Hints in SG-1? Clearly I've not been keeping up on my SG news, as I have no idea what you're talking about it. But it sounds cool.
                        Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                        Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

I think we also need to consider the fact that they laid foundations in both series for an expansion into the 9th chevron. Can't remember the episode in SG1 but there was use of the 9th chevron and the foundations was put down there. So I suppose they could have had long term plans whether it be with SG1 or Atlantis to expand into the 9th chevron, how the gates came into being placed were they are etc. So I don't think it has been rushed, as some of the things we will get to know in the new series, have been placed in SG1 and Atlantis already. They haven't been expanded upon, just briefly touched upon, but they have probably thought it through and I hope it succeeds and we finally get to see the damn Furlings! lol

But no, I don't think they rushed it, and furthermore I think they are taking the series in the right direction.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mike1989 View Post
                            I think we also need to consider the fact that they laid foundations in both series for an expansion into the 9th chevron. Can't remember the episode in SG1 but there was use of the 9th chevron and the foundations was put down there. So I suppose they could have had long term plans whether it be with SG1 or Atlantis to expand into the 9th chevron, how the gates came into being placed were they are etc. So I don't think it has been rushed, as some of the things we will get to know in the new series, have been placed in SG1 and Atlantis already. They haven't been expanded upon, just briefly touched upon, but they have probably thought it through and I hope it succeeds and we finally get to see the damn Furlings! lol

But no, I don't think they rushed it, and furthermore I think they are taking the series in the right direction.
                            when did this happen? i dont remember the 9th chevron ever being spoken about in SG1 or Atlantis
                            Meh.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_Bauer View Post
                              when did this happen? i dont remember the 9th chevron ever being spoken about in SG1 or Atlantis
                              They used the 8th chevron to dial the Asguard galaxy in "The Fifth Race," and I assume that they use the 8th chevron to dial Atlantis (though I don't remember them talking about it). But I think that's it. I don't recall any 9th chevron stuff. I think that's supposed to be new to SGU.
                              Chief of the GGP (Gateworld Grammar Police). Punctuation is your friend. Use it!

Great happy armies shall be gathered and trained to oppose all who embrace doubt. In the name of Hope, ships shall be built to carry our disciples out amongst the stars, and we will spread Optimism to all the doubters. The power of the Optimi will be felt far and wide, and the pessimists shall become positive-thinkers.
                              Hallowed are the Optimi.

Comment

Working...
                              X