This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They killed Dr. Beckett?? WTF

i just got done watching season 3 episode 17 and I CAN NOT BELIEVE THE KILLED THE BEST CHARACTER in the whole Series... THIS IS NOT RIGHT... i looked forward to every single episode with him in it and now he's not going to b there anymore.. Why did they do this.. did the actor decide to leave the show or what????

What is it about Stargate and Killing off the doctors

it actually made me sad.. now i dont know what to look forward to.. by the way i'm a newbie and watching the series for the first time.. i'm up to season 3 e 17... by the time you read this i'll probably be done with the 3rd season
    Jason Elmore
    [email protected]
    Gamertag: Got Seven
    www.myspace.com/jasonmelmore
    sigpic

Keep watching, and be prepared for some heavy suspension of disbelief.
    You go ahead, I'll be right behind you (In an F-302)
    And now for a completely unconnected series of random smilies:

Comment

Shock value was the main reason behind Beckett's death.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jasonelmore View Post
        i just got done watching season 3 episode 17 and I CAN NOT BELIEVE THE KILLED THE BEST CHARACTER in the whole Series... THIS IS NOT RIGHT... i looked forward to every single episode with him in it and now he's not going to b there anymore.. Why did they do this.. did the actor decide to leave the show or what????

What is it about Stargate and Killing of the doctors

it actually made me sad.. now i dont know what to look forward to.. by the way i'm a newbie and watching the series for the first time.. i'm up to season 3 e 17... by the time you read this i'll probably be done with the 3rd season
        no the actor didn't want to leave, SGA's showrunners (Brad Wright and Robert C Cooper) decided to kill the character. however please WATCH s4, you'll like it!
        sigpic
        The Sam Carter/Amanda Tapping Thunk thread The Sam/RepliCarter Ship Thread

Comment

Originally posted by jasonelmore
          Indeed, "Sunday" is a sad episode. He was killed off for shock value, to show that even the best characters could potentially be killed off. It's to make the show dark and edgy, I guess. The actor, however, did not want to leave the show.

What are you talking about? Fraiser was killed off, because the network requested a main character be killed off as they thought Season 7 was the final season at the time. The network thought it'd be good drama. Not wanting to kill off a main cast member, because they were going to make a movie (that became the Season 7 finale), they killed off Dr. Frasier. She was the only recurring character who was close to being a series regular. Killing off Dr. Beckett is just a coincidence. Try not to add depth to it, because there isn't any.

it actually made me sad..
          That's what the writers set out to do. Mission accomplished.

now i dont know what to look forward to..
          Sheppard, McKay, Weir, Teyla, Ronan...?

by the way i'm a newbie and watching the series for the first time.. i'm up to season 3 e 17... by the time you read this i'll probably be done with the 3rd season
          Do you want to know if he returns? He could return via time travel, parallel realities, alien impersonations, as an ascended being (doubtful), a twin brother, a clone, or something else. Then again, maybe "Sunday" is the last time you see Beckett. Do you want to know, or would you rather be surprised?

Comment

Yeah. The producers suck.

Watch out, m'dear, it only gets worse from here...

Comment

I wouldn't tell anyone that they'll like S4.

Comment

Where did my post go?

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko View Post
                  I wouldn't tell anyone that they'll like S4.
                  I would

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                  Where did my post go?
                  there are two they killed Dr. Beckett??? !!!! WTF threads
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Daniel Jackson View Post
                    Where did my post go?
                    Nevermind, there's two threads with the same title.

Click here for my explanation in the other thread.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonelmore

don't read this if you don't want spoilers.
                      Spoiler:
                      carson is back in the end of the season four and for some episodes in season five, just not as the... "old" carson.

Comment

you mean the showrunners? BW & RCC or M&M?

[B]Watch out, m'dear, it only gets worse from here...
                        no it doesn't
                        sigpic

Comment

Haha, yes. You're a bit behind at times. Though you probably like SGA if you've stuck to it for 3 entire seasons. =D But don't worry, it'll perk up for you!!

And yea, I TOTALLY feel you about how the SG series kills off doctors. Still can't believe Frasier's dead >.<
                          “If you live to be 100, I hope I live to be 100 minus one day, so I never have to live without you.”
                          ~WtP

Comment

Watch out, m'dear, it only gets worse from here...
                            it certainly does.....

Comment

LOL...when I first saw the thread title my only thought was...again?
                              Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Working...
                              X