This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Enemy is New Enemy

From the pics I saw, I believe those new baddies are from the SG-1 episode "Foothold". That could explain why they were talking about the Goa'uld being the main symbiotic creatures in this galaxy. And, it could end up being why they wanted to escape their own galaxy.

Thoughts?

Hey I loved the Foothold aliens and would like to see them again, but I would be extremely surprised if they were the new enemy.

Comment

I liked the Foothold aliens as well but there is nothing similar between the new aliens and the Foothold aliens. The latter had a more organic appearance while these have a mechanical one. Plus I doubt they would want to bring a SG-1 plotline into Atlantis.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Watch episode 5x22 on SG1. You will seen an Asgard before their bodies got degraded from cloning. I am about 80% sure that is the new bad guy and the other 20% that it is a Furling. It is been rumored to have deep ties into SG1 history. Who else? I highly doubt those are the Foothold aliens.

Comment

Originally posted by Underasycamore View Post
          From the pics I saw, I believe those new baddies are from the SG-1 episode "Foothold". That could explain why they were talking about the Goa'uld being the main symbiotic creatures in this galaxy. And, it could end up being why they wanted to escape their own galaxy.

Thoughts?

Well at the least they better not be ''Human''

and If they are the ''foothold aliens?'' we can only hope.....

Comment

gateman where did u hear those rumors?
            ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Think about it...The title is the "Lost Tribe" and in the article here, they talk about having a deep connection in the stargate mythology. Plus an Asgard just happens to be present in this episode. I personally think that Asgard was left aroud to find this Lost Tribe but wasn't telling anyone. In SG1 5X22 they talk about the cyrostatis Asgard being thirty thousand years old. That means they were traveling between galaxies long ago and maybe didn't take the cloning side of things like their brothers in the Ida galaxy. It could be a whole Ancients/Ori type of deal all over again. One the other hand, I could be completly wrong and it is the Furling or an off shoot of the Furlings. The third possiblity I have been thinking about is another tribe of ancients. That to me is the most unlikely. But I do think it is a race that we have seen before and isn't just an one off episode race like the Foothold aliens ect...
              Last edited by GateMan2000; 15 September 2008, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000 View Post
                Think about it...The title is the "Lost Tribe" and in the article here, they talk about having deep roots in the stargate mythology. Plus an Asgard just happens to be present in this episode. I personally think that Asgard was left aroud to find this Lost Tribe but wasn't telling anyone. In SG1 5X22 they talk about the cyrostatis Asgard being thirty thousand years old. That means they were traveling between galaxies long ago and maybe didn't take the cloning side of things like their brothers in the Ida galaxy. It could be a whole Ancients/Ori type of deal all over again. One the other hand, I could be completly wrong and it is the Furling or an off shoot of the Furlings. The third possiblity I have been thinking about is another tribe of ancients. That to me is the most unlikely. But I do think it is a race that we have seen before and isn't just an one off episode race like the Foothold aliens ect...
                No, I'm pretty sure all they say is that they're 'a significant addition to the Atlantis mythology'. In other words they're not a one off like the aliens from DV, they don't say anything about them having deep roots in the Stargate mythology.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                  No, I'm pretty sure all they say is that they're 'a significant addition to the Atlantis mythology'. In other words they're not a one off like the aliens from DV, they don't say anything about them having deep roots in the Stargate mythology.
                  Going off the article link I provided, that is the rumor.

Comment

Originally posted by GateMan2000 View Post
                    Going off the article link I provided, that is the rumor.
                    The article you posted is what I was referring to, nothing is said in it about the new race being deeply rooted in Stargate mythology.

Comment

This is as shown on the page. You must be thinking way different than me lol. BTW...i changed roots to connection. Sound better?

Little is known about this new Pegasus Galaxy race (including their name), who will make their first appearance in the September 26 episode "First Contact." But if spoilers and speculation that is circulating online pan out, they may have a connection deep into the history of Stargate mythology.
                      Last edited by GateMan2000; 15 September 2008, 05:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X