PDA

View Full Version : Hints for Universe in SG-1 and Atlantis

SGFerrit
September 14th, 2008, 05:06 AM
In the recent David Nykl interview on the front page, hints are mentioned for Stargate Universe. Apparently, there will be a strong hint for the show in the second half of Atlantis season 5, but there were also hints in the last season of SG1. Does anyone have any idea what these could have been?

Could it have something to do with the thing Daniel was searching for, the Clava Thessara Infinitas (http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/Clava_Thessara_Infinitas)?

According to legend, the Clava Thessara Infinitas (Key to Infinite Treasure) was a tablet that once decoded would lead to the entry to a vast storehouse of riches hidden away by the Ancients prior to their ascension. Although Daniel Jackson considered it a hoax at first, the acquisition of the Goa'uld Athena's research convinced him that there might be some merit to continue attempting to decipher the tablet.

It played a part in a number of episodes, but came to nothing. Isn't that a little weird?

Jack_Bauer
September 14th, 2008, 05:23 AM
Yeah the fact that the CTI came to nothing always frustrated me! Hopefully it has something to do with, gives Universe a bit of history, I wonder if they will introduce a bit of Earth mythology into the plotline through SGA in the latter half of this season...

NIMBUS
September 14th, 2008, 05:24 AM
in sg-1 there were hints about moonbase ( read my sig)

... it su**s that zalenkas interview isn't in audio form :( ... i guess il have to read it

unluckynumber11
September 14th, 2008, 05:39 AM
yes, i forgot about the CTI, I always wondered what it was, maybe it's the destiny. maybe they find out that they need eight of the symbols on the tablet.

jenks
September 14th, 2008, 05:51 AM
In the recent David Nykl interview on the front page, hints are mentioned for Stargate Universe. Apparently, there will be a strong hint for the show in the second half of Atlantis season 5, but there were also hints in the last season of SG1. Does anyone have any idea what these could have been?

Could it have something to do with the thing Daniel was searching for, the Clava Thessara Infinitas[/URL]?

It played a part in a number of episodes, but came to nothing. Isn't that a little weird?

Personally, I hope not. You know what these guys are like, their definition of a hint is extremely vague, remember the 'hint' as to how Carson would be coming back?

jollyrogue
September 14th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Clava Thessara Infinitas the 9 gate address?

Cla-va-The-Ssa-ra-In-fin-it-as

meh :/ i have to watch S10 again because i dont remember it but it would be interesting if it did lead to the Destiny.

PG15
September 14th, 2008, 02:10 PM
^That's a brilliant idea, actually. That's 9 syllables. Yes, the last one isn't "at", but that problem could be solved easily.

What if the Clava whatever can only be accessed from the planet where the Point of Origin is "as"?

Jeff O'Connor
September 14th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Damn, and here I was thinking I was one of the only people connecting that thing to SGU.

Well, we'll definitely know if we're on the right track if Daniel mentions it in the two-parter!

Trig
September 15th, 2008, 01:33 AM

Maybe Daniel could sneeze it and we could have an Evil Dead cross over...?

Pharaoh Atem
September 15th, 2008, 04:30 AM

meh :/ i have to watch S10 again because i dont remember it but it would be interesting if it did lead to the Destiny.

whoa ....cool

quade_1
September 16th, 2008, 11:48 PM

A good attempt but that has already been done. But i would lean more towards the 2 sets of 8 symbols along with the PoO, would take them to either ship.

For those that don't remember, there are 2 rings of 8 symbols each.
http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=221&pos=84

Jack_Bauer
September 17th, 2008, 03:14 AM
A good attempt but that has already been done. But i would lean more towards the 2 sets of 8 symbols along with the PoO, would take them to either ship.

For those that don't remember, there are 2 rings of 8 symbols each.
http://www.gateworld.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=221&pos=84

omg thats brilliant, yet oh so simple. I wonder, if this is what they are gonna use, was it intended all along, or happened by luck?

Hermiod
September 17th, 2008, 04:41 AM
Key to Infinite Treasure fits perfectly as well for the Destiny as the ship comes in contact with a huge amount of unexplored planets which could hold alot of treasures.

Jack_Bauer
September 17th, 2008, 04:46 AM
Key to Infinite Treasure fits perfectly as well for the Destiny as the ship comes in contact with a huge amount of unexplored planets which could hold alot of treasures.

ah yes, but according to the 'Ascended Times' (Thread, season 8), the edge of the universe had been discovered by explorers, therefore no treasure is truly infinite.... :P

Amalthea
September 17th, 2008, 08:27 AM

Could it have something to do with the thing Daniel was searching for, the Clava Thessara Infinitas (http://www.stargate-sg1-solutions.com/wiki/Clava_Thessara_Infinitas)?

Oh yeah, I remember that thing! That would be clever of them to use that. Good catch!

kymeric
September 17th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Ohhhh i hadnt thought of that! Thatd be a nice tie in to whats come before! And kill a loose end.

Major_Griff
September 17th, 2008, 11:46 AM
I really hope that they use the Key to infinite treasure as the Destiny cause it would be really cool to tie it back like that and tie up a loose end.

Jeff O'Connor
September 17th, 2008, 11:49 AM
I found that Season 10 hint for SGU, and it's actually been referenced a bunch of times already. Apparently, we need only look at '200' for all the answers. :(

I'm going to be rather angsty for a few posts; don't mind me.

JeffKnight
September 17th, 2008, 12:27 PM

doesn't work, since you'd need 8 and the PoO. From season 7 we know that Earth's POI (the logical starting point for an ancient launched starship) is 'at.'

PG15
September 17th, 2008, 10:38 PM
See my earlier post for a solution to that problem. ;)

Though I think the "2 sets of 8" is better. Brilliant thought!

Tich
September 18th, 2008, 01:27 AM
It would offcourse be a brilliant way of saying, "the infinte treasure is the vast amount of worlds to explore.". It would make sense since the Ancients have used many riddles to hide their technology in the past, so there would be no difference here.

Jack_Bauer
September 18th, 2008, 06:52 AM
doesn't work, since you'd need 8 and the PoO. From season 7 we know that Earth's POI (the logical starting point for an ancient launched starship) is 'at.'

the ship could have been launched from anywhere in three galaxies. Dakara, Proclarush Taonas, Lantea? It could have been anywhere, it could have been there original homeworld in the Ori galaxy for all we know (and yes i do know about that guys notebook in the AoT...)

MechaThor
September 18th, 2008, 07:23 AM
I don't really want to show to be too Ancient Heavy personally. Ok the Ship is Ancient and so are the Stargates, but thats enough. Its time for some new Aliens and mythology to shine.

quade_1
September 18th, 2008, 08:16 AM
See my earlier post for a solution to that problem. ;)

Though I think the "2 sets of 8" is better. Brilliant thought!

thanks i guess :o

i was thinking about it further though, and it seems more plausible the more i think about it. the first set of 8 doesn't work because the first ship has already been sent off into motion. but the second set, which leads to Destiny, connects a wormhole, because the ship is still stationary around a planet. Wherever it is located, once the team boards and the wormhole disengages, the ship activates and jumps into hyperspace to chase the initial ship. now with their location ever changing, they cant dial back to earth.

Rise Of The Phoenix
September 18th, 2008, 10:51 AM
I like the idea of the CTI and it would finally be something that TPTB have answered that was left over from SG1 (you know on top of the various aliens we've not seen and don't know if they still exist eg: Furlings, Tolans).

Jeff O'Connor
September 18th, 2008, 10:53 AM
CTI would be far more likely, also, as it's much, much more recent and seemed to have been unduly canceled alongside its respective series.

Daniela
September 18th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Will we get to finally see the Ferbies?

GhostPoet
September 18th, 2008, 11:12 AM
Will we get to finally see the Ferbies?

Yes. They are gonna have one as a pet. That should help draw in the 0-6 crowd.

Daniela
September 18th, 2008, 02:01 PM
I'm sorry I meant the Furlings. It would be great to get to know that aspect of mythology.

quade_1
September 24th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I'm sorry I meant the Furlings. It would be great to get to know that aspect of mythology.

I don't care if we SEE the furlings, but i really want to learn more about them. And the Nox for that matter aswell, so little is known about them, like whats with the hair?

the fifth man
September 24th, 2008, 07:39 PM
I really hope that they use the Key to infinite treasure as the Destiny cause it would be really cool to tie it back like that and tie up a loose end.

I totally agree with you. I think that would be a great route for them to take. Tying Universe into SG-1 and Atlantis would be very wise IMO.

September 25th, 2008, 01:26 AM
i say clava thessara infinitas is a typo that should be cla,va the,ssa,ra in,fin,is,at

thekillman
September 25th, 2008, 01:33 AM
200 is dedicated to SGU, albeit exxagarated. younger team. 200-> teen SG1. new place, new people -> meet the furlings. onboard a ship -> trek SG1.

September 25th, 2008, 01:51 AM
200 is dedicated to SGU, albeit exxagarated. younger team. 200-> teen SG1. new place, new people -> meet the furlings. onboard a ship -> trek SG1.

potential for wooden acting > puppet sg-1, totally new direction > farscpae sg-1

thekillman
September 25th, 2008, 05:57 AM
about the CTI, i think "is" [ cla-va-the-ssa-ra-in-fin-at-is], is the location of a planet, from which you can dial Destiny. why? you'd need superuberZPM's to dial it. i think it builds up a charge over the duration of months, to dial in Destiny. like, it uses a subspace tap, and continuously builds up power, and can vent it into subspace if nessecary. this way, its protected from ships [they cant be in hyperspace, the craft would be destroyed by the vented energy], and can power such a wormhole.