Subcutaneous Transmitter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Subcutaneous Transmitter

When Sheppard en Mckay were in the hive they had a signal from todd's transmitter but shouldn't Teyla have one too since every team member has one?

I know Micheal removed it but they must have put a new one in her right?
    - Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.
    - When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
    - Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway.
    - Time is a great teacher, but unfortunately it kills all its pupils ...

I imagine the Primary's Hive would be able to to detect Teyla's transmitter so it was removed
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by rens14 View Post
      When Sheppard en Mckay were in the hive they had a signal from todd's transmitter but shouldn't Teyla have one too since every team member has one?

Todd's transmitter was a wraith one, used for tracking purposes when he was in Atlantis in s.4.
      "Yo, you wanna join SG-1?"

sigpic

Comment

If the Wraith could detect Teyla's subcutaneous transmitter, then there's something seriously wrong with using that technology.

The device was meant to be short range transmitters used in getting a lock on individuals who need beaming, not to detect them from half way across the galaxy.
        http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Todd's is a subspace transceiver, the one used on trackers.

Teyla and the rest of the earthlings transmitters only work in close proximity for beaming. They don't work across solar systems...

Comment

I'm guessing that it was removed to prevent detection.
            Proud Sam/Jack and Daniel/Vala and John/Teyla Shipper!
            "We're Americans! Shoot the guys following us!"
            Don S. Davis 1942-2008 R.I.P. My Friend.

Comment

I always thought that since they are flying around, beaming people up and down, and going through a stargate to different planets in the galaxy... that they should be able to write a transmitter right into their DNA code. So none could remove it. But what do i know?

Comment

McKay mentioned the asgard beaming tech to save Teyla remember. Meaning they have the signal but they just didn't have the means to beam her out. Todds transmitter reach hyperspace. My problem is:

Didn't Todd's transmitter get cut out of him in SoW.
                Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by YutheGreat View Post
                  Didn't Todd's transmitter get cut out of him in SoW.
                  yes it did, but I think we're supposed to assume todd had a new one put in... or the writers just forgot about it.

Comment

Originally posted by naamiaiset View Post
                    yes it did, but I think we're supposed to assume todd had a new one put in... or the writers just forgot about it.
                    Maybe it grew back )
                    Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

The transmitter is Todd's means of communication with Atlantis.

One day that's going to come back to haunt them and they get ambushed in a trap.
                      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

They have the relay station as a communication site revealed in Kindred Spirits. I don't think Todd turns it on all the time. It makes him vulnerable. They can use it to track him on the ship or outpost and beam him to oblivion like what happened in Outcast.
                        Stargate Revival Please!

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                          The transmitter is Todd's means of communication with Atlantis.
                          One day that's going to come back to haunt them and they get ambushed in a trap.
                          Agreed, it's even the premise of my fanfic.
                          My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                          Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                          sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X