Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Atlantis Has Been Found! (American Claims...)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Has Been Found! (American Claims...)

NEWS-
    Yahoo - Atlantis Found!

"LIMASSOL, Cyprus - An American researcher claimed Sunday to have discovered the remains of the legendary lost city of Atlantis on the bottom of the east Mediterranean Sea, but Cyprus' chief government archaeologist was skeptical.

Robert Sarmast said sonar scanning 50 miles southeast of Cyprus revealed man-made walls, one as long as 2 miles, and trenches at a depth of 1,640 yards.
    ...." Read More...

Wow!... is all I can say.

i also heard that ireland was atlantis ............dont believe everything you hear

Comment

Atlantis has been found several 100 times, yet they manage to find more Atlantises

Comment

My personal pick is that it's buried under the ice in Antarctica (and no I'm not an archeologist, and I don't even play one on TV ). And I know that it makes it fit with Stargate better, but I always thought it made the most sence since I started reading all the theories about where it might be.
        Carter: Navigation? O'Neill: Check. Carter: Oxygen, Pressure, Temperature Control?
        O'Neill: Check. Carter: Internal Dampeners? O'Neill: Cool!, and Check. Carter: Engine?
        O'Neill: All Check. O'Neill: Phasers? Carter: Sorry Sir.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
          Atlantis has been found several 100 times, yet they manage to find more Atlantises
          Yeah, imo he didn't find it until evidence (like carbon dating) proves otherwise.
          Signed,

Gregorius
          Gateworld Forum Troublemaker Extraordinaire.

sigpic

Support the (r)Evolution: Gregorius for Moderator.
          Gregorius, because clowning about is his raison d'être.

Comment

Originally posted by alkalinemono
            i also heard that ireland was atlantis ............dont believe everything you hear
            But it is! *launches doom-squid*

Comment

Originally posted by alkalinemono
              LOL. I never said I believed the article, it was just interesting. Thought I would share the news with you guys and see what you thought.

Comment

They'll be saying they found Atlantis until Atlanteans come out of the hollow Earth and yell at us for being so silly.

Comment

Over the years I've heard so many people say that Atlantis is here or there that I don't know who to believe.
                  "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I just think its a Plato's Imagination
                    "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

It's highly possible that Plato's city was simply a product of hope and aspiration that he believed we could all aspire to. Maybe the idea of atlantis was the prespect of a better world, where we would all consider ourselves citizens of one nation. Its possible he mentioned it sinking so that people believed it had been done once and could be done again, yet at the same time, learning from the mistakes.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Teal'c
                        But it is! *launches doom-squid*
                        Haha! I knew it!

Comment

http://www.atlan.org/

this is a very informative site about atlantis, and places Atlantis in the South China Sea/Indonesia area.

Comment

Plato was high on some bad Egyptian weed he bought off of some Roman rip-off artist

Comment

Originally posted by Larry
                              My personal pick is that it's buried under the ice in Antarctica (and no I'm not an archeologist, and I don't even play one on TV ). And I know that it makes it fit with Stargate better, but I always thought it made the most sence since I started reading all the theories about where it might be.
                              You'd like this article...it talks about exactly that!

http://www.flem-ath.com/del1.htm
                              Liaison of F.O.R.D.
                              Click here to help Save Ford!

Comment

Working...
                              X