This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how will the SGU pilot play out?

i think the pilot will begin from atlantis, mckay will find something in the database related to the destiny and then a team will embark to investigate. i really hope thats how it goes anyway, and i hope its lorne who leads the team. i really think he would come into his own and be a good leader if given the opportunity.
    i know im just dreaming.......
    sigpic

i think that scientists on the moon ( yes THE MOON .. remember in sg1 they mentioned something about a moon base) will discover that moon is in fact a place where they (alterans) have stashed something, so they will take some marines and will go out to look at what it is. they will the discover destiny, activate it and start their journey. later sgc will find out what happened to the missing ppl and will discover that they can contact them by dialing that 9 symbol address and will send them supplies once a week. and they will eat Chinese food for the rest of their lifes. the end

how do you like that... mm food
    ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

ahaha, i like chinese! i never thought of the fact that they may be able to send through supplies and stay in contact with the team although they can never come back.
      sigpic

Comment

That could be it...but I don't know, I don't like the idea of them having any contact with Earth. But who knows what they are going to do? And it does seem random that they barely mentioned the moon base....and then just left it. So it's possible...

But the who Atlantis thing just seems a better fit to me. :-)

Comment

they will be in regular contact with destiny or at least they should because it doesn't seem likely that they would introduce 9th chevron only for one time use
          and it's even more unlikely that they ill find destiny in Pegasus galaxy because they started this destiny experiment WAY before they even thought of moving to Pegasus.
          ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

hmm maybe they wont be able to keep in contact with the destiny once the team has reached there because just imagine the massive power requirements it would take
            to dial the 9th chevron..
            they would need supplies though so who knows.?...
            sigpic

Comment

My Idea,

Pt 1

on atlantis, mckay discovers some ancient database entry about the purpose of the 9th chevron, but also discoveres it would take a large number of zpm's (lets say 50 as a nice number) to reach the destiny.

he sends this information to the SGC, who contacts the moon base (i like that idea) where general carter, commander of the base, is overseeing the creation/adaptation of a new ancient renewable power source capable of supplying the same power as *oh i dunno* 50 zpm's.

back at SGC the device is hooked up to the stargate and the destiny is dialled, a team embarks on the understanding that the pheonix will catch up with the destinym using said power source to boost the asgard hyperdrive, in a matter of days.

however when the pheonix attempts to reach the destiny, SGC realises that the device is incompatible with the asgard technology and cannot be used to reach the destiny.

and as such the SG team (SG-25 i thnik) is stranded onboard the destiny untill they can find the a powersource cable of dialing earth or find away to overide the course, the future looks bleak for the SG Team.

Pt 2

The destiny comes into proximity to a planet, and SG-25 investigate, after a while 3 team members gate back to the destiny with an alien (played by morena baccarin), whilst the daniel character stays behind to investigate some ruins on the planet.

suddenly the destiny jumps to hyperspace and the daniel type is stranded, as is the alien.

the alien tells them of a powerful enemy who uses the stargates to dominate several galaxies, and will not take kindly to trespasseres in thier space. enocuter with the enemy does damage to the destiny, the destiny is ultimately victourous, but the battle results in the permant locking of the course, now with no hope of ever return for daniel type or to earth using the ship, the sg team plus alien settle in for the long haul.
              People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

good idea, but i absolutly HATE the writers writing in "more powerfull" powersources . . really . . .they should just invent some other sorts of problems. . for instance.

A referance is made to the destiny on an ancient device , it is way to far away , but they think that they MAY be able to get close enough by gating to atlantis then taking the daedalus, pheonix and apollo in far orbit of the peguses galaxy (and they take a gate), only from there can they make the distance ( even then it will tax 3 modified ZPM's ( which were found with the device - they are signifficantly differant and use naquadah instead. . or X-element )

I think its time they start introducing a new "Mysterious race . . SG1 had the ancients why not make another race, and start to lay out the history of them , we know about the ancients..

Comment

I think that Mckay finds it, they dial it with all the ZPM's they have, but it doesn't drain them once it connects. Desteny powers the wormhole from then on.

Then an AI overtakes the bace alla Urgo and invites them to his ship, or him as he is the ship

And from then out the comedy relief is from the ship itself!

Go Green

Comment

Originally posted by wkw427 View Post
                    I think that Mckay finds it, they dial it with all the ZPM's they have, but it doesn't drain them once it connects. Desteny powers the wormhole from then on.

Then an AI overtakes the bace alla Urgo and invites them to his ship, or him as he is the ship

And from then out the comedy relief is from the ship itself!
                    I like the idea of the ship having a humanoid avatar, like rommie on andromeda or the avatar could take the form of some nearby aliens (and proper aliens, not humans from a different planet) ie lotan in SG1corched earth (only more alien)

and why not morena baccarin

it's offical, i'm revising my idea, the alien character will be the ship itself
                    People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

Very Andromeda...

Comment

Originally posted by The Suicidal Goldfish View Post
                        Very Andromeda...
                        Very, although i did point out the similarity, it was a good idea on andromeda, it could work on SG:U

Comment

I started this tonight, just a few ideas I put together for how the search for Destiny begins:

Spoiler:
                          Teal'c comes to the SCG from Chulak to request help for the Free Jaffa, who have discovered a planet in Ba'al's territory near the galactic core that was previously unknown to most Jaffa. There is an Ancient city there, which has been pillaged and nearly destroyed by the Goa'uld millenia earlier. This place is one of the first place the Goa'uld travelled to through the stargate (with Unas as hosts) and where the Goa'uld gained most of their knowledge about space craft, the stargates etc and the System Lords had kept it a closely hidden secret, even from other Goa'uld.

There is an underground chamber there that appears untouched, apparently the Goa'uld couldn't access it or blast it open when they were raiding the planet. Teal'c informs them that every hundred years or so a System Lord defies the others and attempts to use some new technology to get inside the vault, but they have always failed.

Teal'c hopes that the Ancient experts on Earth will help them access it and the Tau'ri and Free Jaffa can then share the knowledge & technology they may find and this may help heal the rift between the two powers.

The IOA agree to send a civilian research team from the SGC in the hopes of finding something valuable but General O'Neill assigns SG1 to lead the expidition (including Carter, depending on what we find out she is doing at the end of Atlantis) as he believes they are the best chance to open the Ancient vault.

A month passes and O'Neill visits the planet to check on the progress. We get a look at the city, think of the Asuran city that's been visited by Godzilla and some of his mates that has then been set on fire and then left to crumble and become overgrown for a thousand years.

It's not a pretty sight but recognisably Ancient. From the stargate, which is in the hills above the city we see in the centre of town a few traditional Jaffa tents, SGC tents and a couple of mobile labs. The two suns in the sky means the planet is obvious a hot one as the soldiers around the gate look tired and irratable.`O'Neill dons his sunglasses and heads to the city.

Various Jaffa warriors and SGC soldiers wander around, with some scientists moving quickly between the tents as he arrives in what has obviously become the operation's base. Mitchell, Teal'c and Vala meet O'Neill at the camp site and frustratingly report that no progress has been made (they all look bored half to death by hanging around doing nothing for a month) and O'Neill responds that's why he's here. The IOA are threatening to pull the plug, especially due to the lack of progress and the resources the project is using up.

The foursome arrive at the Ancient vault, which consists of damaged entrance chamber which leads to a large passage to the main underground chamber which is dominated by a massive set of doors that look like black marble. Ancient writting covers the walls, along with various Ancient tech (floating screens, various consoles). Some of the wall panels have been opened and various science teams move about the room.

The chamber is about the size of an aircraft hanger and while underground, it is lit quite well. Near the centre of the room various tables have been set up for meetings, mini-labs, artifact sorting etc. We see a group of people at the main meeting table obviously in the middle of an arguement. Sat at the table are Carter, Jackson, Major Davis (maybe a Colonel by now?) and Rodney McKay.

O'Neill arrives and asks what they are oh so politely discussing. Carter believes that the doors can be opened using a combination lock that they may have found and Jackson believes he and Vala may have found clues to the combination in the Ancient writings on the walls of the chamber, which are written in an elaborate code. Davis is trying to play peace maker to McKay's arguement that the Ancients sealed the chamber never intending it to be opened based on the evidence from his examinations of the Ancient tech and the scans made by the Daedalus over the last two weeks from orbit.

O'Neill breaks up the meeting and walks with Carter towards the end of the chamber where the doors are. He tells her the IOA are prepared to remove their support from the project, which will effectively shut it down. She tells him that they may be close to solving the problem with the doors but he counters that their argument is that the project may yield nothing useful. They brought back McKay from Pegasus at her request due to his expertise with Ancient tech to assist and have had exlusive use of the Daedalus for weeks, which has meant the Apollo has been the only ship running supplies between Earth and Atlantis. He explains he will do what he can but at the end of the day, the IOA has the authority to shut them down.

O'Neill lets her return to Jackson, Vala and McKay who are working together at a group of Ancient consoles, trying to break the code and input it into the lock. He joins Mitchell and Teal'c who are staring up at the door and asks if they have considered C4. Mitchell responds that Carter won't let him try and Teal'c adds that she believed that even a gatebuster nuke wouldn't open the chamber. Mitchell asks what the chances are that the IOA will let Carter and her team continue the attempt. O'Neill responds they have 3 days before O'Neill has to report back. If he has nothing to report, they will be forced to return. McKay will be sent back to Atlantis on the Daedalus, which they will also loose. A civilian research team may be sent in the future, but O'Neill cannot say when.

I hope you like Guinness sir, I find it a refreshing substitute for.... food

Comment

Continued as it wouldn't fit on one post:

Spoiler:
                            O’Neill joins the scientists at their consoles. They’ve found what appears to be the control device for the door which works in a similar way to the Ancient control chairs, in that it requires someone with the Ancient gene to access it using mind control. However, they have tried this with several people who have the gene and have previously used the Ancient control chair in tests in Antarctica but they have not been able to make a connection. The device appears to be a normal Ancient control console but has two large pads for the hands rather than controls (ala Atlantis).

Carter suggests O’Neill try and so he sits at the controls and places his hands on the two control pads. While the device activates, nothing happens. Vala remarks it was worth a try.

It’s night time in the Ancient city and the members of the Earth team sit around a table in a tent at the camp eating an evening meal. Vala laments about the riches of the Ancients they is being denied, which Daniel counters isn’t the reason why they are there. She replies that not everything they will potentially find is galatically significant and it wouldn’t hurt if a few unimportant yet valuable items were to be removed for personal gain.

McKay and Carter are going over specs on tablets, arguing about certain points. It isn’t malicious arguing, most professional banter. O’Neill, Mitchell and Teal’c sit to one end, catching up about the Free Jaffa and O’Neill’s work in Washington. Later, as the others are sitting around their tent talking, O’Neill absentmindedly has taken to doodling on Jackson’s notebook. Jackson asks what he is doing, to which O’Neill replies nothing, looking a bit guilty for doodling in someone his friend’s book. He passes the book back to Jackson, who sees O’Neill has either crossed out or circles certain Ancient words that Jackson has copied from the walls of the chamber. Jackson looks both surprised and concerned and asks if O’Neill will start speaking Ancient soon.

Later, Dr Lam has finished examining O’Neill at the camp. She says she can find no evidence that O’Neill has been exposed to some kind of Ancient learning device as he has been in the past, much to O’Neill’s and everyone else’s relief. Jackson explains based on the changes O’Neill made to his notes that the Ancient device may have given him the understanding to unlock the code to open the door.

Based on the changes to his notepad, Jackson believes he knows the required code that needs to be entered and leads the others back to the chamber. After a few seconds of inputting on the console, the giant doors crack open and begin to swing slowly out.

The SGC soldiers and Jaffa in the chamber take up defensive positions (Mitchell, Carter, O’Neill and Teal’c included) as the doors swing fully open. SG1, O’Neill and McKay head in cautiously, their torch lights piercing the dusty darkness.

The chamber is filled with many stone columns and various other stone items. As the venture in, Teal’c calls the others over. Lying on the floor, on it’s side, is a half finished stargate. Only one half of the circle is complete, with many additional components and sensors attached to both the outside and open ends.

Carter and McKay begin to examine the dismantled stargate to see what the Ancients were doing with it. O’Neill, Mitchell, Teal’c, Jackson and Vala head further in and eventually find a console on it’s own at the end of the chamber, sitting several metres from a blank wall. O’Neill touches the console and it comes to life, as many holographic images begin to dance in the space between the console and the wall. These images include various planets, star systems and galaxies, as well as gate co-ordinates of both 7 and 8 chevrons and various Ancient writing and numbers. Mitchell points to something in the top right of the screen - representations of two huge ships slowly rotating. O’Neill places his hands on the console and the ships zoom in to be the only items showing. Carter and McKay join them as Daniel reads the Ancient data scrolling between the images of the two ships.

Mitchell asks Daniel what they are looking at - some kind of Ancient ship or space station? Daniel replies no, he can recognise some of the words but the dialect is a very old Ancient variant. He recognises the label of one of the ships, a single word - Destiny.

Let me know what you think, I'll continue soon
                            I hope you like Guinness sir, I find it a refreshing substitute for.... food

Comment

It's all very well and good speculating, but beyond VAST generalisms, you do realise it's almost certainly and IMMENSE waste of effort, yeah?

No offense, like.

Comment

Working...
                              X