This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hive Ships

In the Omnipedia it list 60 known Wraith Hiveships. Anyone know how many have been destroyed?

People have counted them all, but I'm too lazy to look it up. You might be able to find it with the search function. I think it was something like 20 or a little more, but the Omnipedia is wrong, because it was 20 hives in the same quadrant as the expedition and 60 elsewhere so that makes 80.

There's also the fact that it's only logical to assume the Wraith can build more hives.

Comment

Originally posted by Myles View Post
      People have counted them all, but I'm too lazy to look it up. You might be able to find it with the search function. I think it was something like 20 or a little more, but the Omnipedia is wrong, because it was 20 hives in the same quadrant as the expedition and 60 elsewhere so that makes 80.

There's also the fact that it's only logical to assume the Wraith can build more hives.
      I believe it was 12 in the same quadrant and 60 est. in total in Pegasus.

5 hives were destroyed in the 2nd Siege of Atlantis (the first of course being 10,000 years ago).
      2 hives were destroyed in The Hive.
      2 hives were destroyed in Allies-Misbeggotten
      1 hive was destroyed in SG-1's Pegasus Project
      2 hives were destroyed in orbit around New Lantia.
      1 probable destruction in orbit over Asuras
      1 hive ship destroyed in taking out the Wraith soldier cloning facility
      http://www.change.gov

The reason you should vote Republican in 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
        I believe it was 12 in the same quadrant and 60 est. in total in Pegasus.

5 hives were destroyed in the 2nd Siege of Atlantis (the first of course being 10,000 years ago).
        2 hives were destroyed in The Hive.
        2 hives were destroyed in Allies-Misbeggotten
        1 hive was destroyed in SG-1's Pegasus Project
        2 hives were destroyed in orbit around New Lantia.
        1 probable destruction in orbit over Asuras
        1 hive ship destroyed in taking out the Wraith soldier cloning facility
        only three were destroyed in the 2nd siege of Atlantis
        supersoldier34sigpic

Comment

Actually your wrong.
          The Ancient satelite destroyed 1 hive
          Sheppared's sucidue jumper destroyed another hive.
          The Daedalus destroyed one hive over Atlantis.
          The Daedalus destroyed two more hives while trying to intercept the Wraith's second attack
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Are Atlantis' sensors able to scan the entire galaxy? Because I somewhat doubt that, and I think the 60 ships number was only for a part of the galaxy.
            Save Stargate Atlantis!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ6iLrY_HkA

Comment

Originally posted by M337ING View Post
              Are Atlantis' sensors able to scan the entire galaxy? Because I somewhat doubt that, and I think the 60 ships number was only for a part of the galaxy.
              The information about the estimated number of hives in Pegasus is somewhere around 60, and this was acquired by a raid on a Wraith cruiser.

And actually, I think I was wrong on the number of hives in our region of Pegasus, I believe it's about 21 hives.

With the Civil War and the Wraith's stinginess about sending x-amount of hives to Asuras, it only furthers the original estimate.

And Pegasus is not the size of the Milky Way. It doesn't even come close. So hives are very close together.

Comment

While they were much more confident about there being 21 Hives in their quadrant of the Pegasus galaxy...

GRODIN: But we were able to ascertain the existence of twenty-one Wraith hive ships just in our quadrant of the Pegasus galaxy alone.
                The number of Hives elsewhere was very much a guess and they left room opened for it to later be discovered that there were potentially many more...

GRODIN: And there are indications of far more elsewhere in Pegasus.

SHEPPARD: How many more?

GRODIN: Well, there's no way of knowing for sure. Perhaps sixty, or more.
                As for how many have been destroyed - According to the wikipedia article before it was edited, there were 14 taken out on-screen (there's no telling how many were destroyed off-screen during their civil war, war with the replicators, and various activites). Rarocks24's list was correct, but here's what the previous version of the wikipedia article said about it incase you want to know all the episode names...

*Siege Pt. One - 1 Hive ship destroyed by reactivation of Lantian satellite weapon.
                *Siege Pt. Three - 4 hive ships destroyed. One via Puddle Jumper and 3 from transport.
                * The Hive - 2 Hive ships destroy each other after one of the Queens is murdered.
                * No Man's Land - 1 hive ship is destroyed by the Orion.
                * Misbegotten - 1 hive ship destroyed by another hive ship.
                * Pegasus Project - 1 hive ship destroyed.
                * The Seer - 2 hives destroy each other.
                * Be All My Sin's Remember'd - 1 hive ship destroyed.
                * Spoils of War - 1 hive ship destroyed.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Teyla leads a hive in "The Queen" to destroy another hive that was encroaching on that hive's feeding grounds. So there were three hives shown onscreen.

Comment

There used to be a count on Wiki but they considered it "original research" and removed it. Since then, I've lost count as I've had too much to deal with to keep count. If I ever have time to rewatch the series, I would make a definitive known count. I know, I could just skim the titles but that is not a guarantee to remember everything.

Vala,

Comment

I know there was. I was the one that put it there.

Didn't know it was taken down though.

Comment

Originally posted by rarocks24 View Post
                        I know there was. I was the one that put it there.

Didn't know it was taken down though.
                        It's been removed for a while now. Sorry.

Vala,

Comment

Meh, I don't care. Took me all of two seconds to type.

If I got Joe M. to confirm how many hive ships have been lost, could I post that number and cite it back to his blog?

Comment

^ Probably.

Comment

5 in the Second siege of Atlantis
                              2 in the Hive
                              1 in No Man's Land
                              1 in Misbegotten
                              1 in the Pegasus Project
                              2 in the Seer
                              1 in BASMAR
                              1 in Spoils of War
                              1 in the Queen
                              Calvin grows up to be Frazz. The logical continuation of this is, of course, that Frazz then grows up to be Edward Norton's character from Fight Club. And thus, all four of these characters are gods.Let's go one more step. Calvin grows up to be Jeremy, who grows up to be Frazz, who grows up to be "Tyler Durden," while Suzie grows up to be Haruhi Suzumiya; since Kyon becomes The Doctor, this leads to the inescapable conclusion that after the end of Fight Club, Calvin becomes Captain Jack.

Comment

Working...
                              X