Why????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why????

Now, this has probably come up many times in the forum, but as i am too lazy to scan every thread that there has ever been, I'm starting a new one
    Why did Farscape have to goooo???????????????
    It was awesome on a scale only beaten by SG-1. I miss it so. From the whacky characters to the ships to the (quite often) awesome combat scenes, it help a promise that nothign was good and safe in space. Then it was torn away. I have survived only through rewatching SG-1, Trek and Farscape over and over and over and....you get the point.
    Any like minded people out there, get posting!!
    sigpic
    385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

At least we have the comics to look forward to, that's something.
    sigpic

Comment

I've always been curious to know the exact reasoning behind sci-fi pulling their funding and the chances of a season 5 return...

...and what about the webisodes. What's happening with them?

I'm only on season 3 and i'm really trying to savour the show. I don't want to race through it like I did with B5 (watching 10-12 episodes a day).

Comment

Originally posted by IcarusAbides View Post
        Yes, we do have those to look forward to. And the webisodes are still on. And after those, who knows. Maybe a return in some way? I sure hope so.
        sigpic
        MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
        "...phu...ah..."
        "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
        Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by Imperial_Prince View Post
          I've always been curious to know the exact reasoning behind sci-fi pulling their funding and the chances of a season 5 return...
          The reason was that both the parent companies of SciFi AND Jim Henson Productions (two separate companies) were both going belly up and SciFi's parent company wanted more money from JHP and it wasn't happening.
          sigpic
          I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
            Yes, we do have those to look forward to. And the webisodes are still on. And after those, who knows. Maybe a return in some way? I sure hope so.
            I've very excited about the comics. I'm sure they'll take care that it's done right.

I just listened to a podcast interview with Bonnie Hammer being praised for her emphasis on ratings over quality television (more for her role with USA rather than SCI FI). I rolled my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
              The reason was that both the parent companies of SciFi AND Jim Henson Productions (two separate companies) were both going belly up and SciFi's parent company wanted more money from JHP and it wasn't happening.
              Also Farscape cost a lot of money to make, the special effects were of a great quality and so they had to have a big budget for that, the models like rygel and pilot were also very expensive and painstaking to shoot sometimes, Sci Fi and Henson couldn't afford to keep it running, well they said they couldn't anyway.
              sigpic

Comment

Also Farscape cost a lot of money to make, the special effects were of a great quality and so they had to have a big budget for that, the models like rygel and pilot were also very expensive and painstaking to shoot sometimes, Sci Fi and Henson couldn't afford to keep it running, well they said they couldn't anyway.
                That's basically what the lack of funding on both parts was causing. Henson's parent company couldn't afford to pay and neither could SciFi's parent company. As I said, both parent companies were going belly up, kaput, ran outa money honey.
                sigpic
                I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

I was so crushed when Farscape did not return for a 5th season. And really mad too. For quite a long time.
                  sigpic
                  "...phu...ah..."

Comment

I'm still annoyed about it, too many good sci fi shows get cancelled these days which is ludicrous with the amount of useless junk on tv nowadays.
                    sigpic

Comment

I was so crushed when Farscape did not return for a 5th season. And really mad too. For quite a long time.
                      Yes. And the Peackeeper Wars didn't deliver what it promised. Basically, peacekeepers and war. i wanted mass combat, with Crichton kicking all arse. But no. It was just an extended double episode........
                      sigpic
                      385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Any idea who's writing the webisodes?
                        sigpic
                        385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

And me recently rewatching the show has rekindled my anger.

Originally posted by Garrowan5th View Post
                          Any idea who's writing the webisodes?
                          Well Rockne S. O'Bannon is doing the comics that bridge the PKW to the webisodes and last I knew he was going to be involved in those too.
                          IMO always implied.

Comment

Originally posted by LoneStar1836 View Post
                            And me recently rewatching the show has rekindled my anger.

Well Rockne S. O'Bannon is doing the comics that bridge the PKW to the webisodes and last I knew he was going to be involved in those too.
                            I can understand how it could do that.

As for O'Bannon being a part of both the comics and the webisodes, I am very pleased. I really look forward to what he has up his sleeve.
                            sigpic
                            "...phu...ah..."

Comment

So, it seems there may be a god? And if Crichton were to return.......
                              sigpic
                              385 Heroes coming Home

Here's to smart Mods

Comment

Working...
                              X