This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Possible StoryLine for a Stargate SG1 Movie

First off, I want to say how I enjoyed watching the newest Stargate SG1 movie Continuum. It was pretty well done and enjoyed most of it.

I was thinking about if they did another movie in the future what would it be about. Since the Ori are pretty much delt with, as well as the Goa'uld and Replicators. Then I thought about Replicator Sam(Carter) on how it would be cool if they made a movie about that villian.
    I begam to think of how it would come to be. I came up with two ideas:
    1.) Well back in Season 5, I believe, in Menace, SG1 found a human form robot who was the first to create a replicator. What if there was some scientist who were familiar with the work of the man who created that robot, created his own, and that robot created another replicator.
    or
    2.) Since in the Ark of Truth, we could have it where someone purposely or accidently created a replicator, as did that guy from the I.O.A. in Ark of Truth.

Lets say the replicator gets away and happens to across infromation in the computer logs about Replicator Sam. So, it then builds a brand new Replicator Sam. And gives her the memories from the past, where she defeated fifth as well as got defeated by the weapon. And she now wishes to seek revenge of Colonel Carter and builds up an army of replicators and is going to attack earth.
    And towards the end, I had the idea of a face between Colonel Carter and Replicator Sam(Carter).

Anyone like my idea?
    ~I am Replicator Jade and was built by Replicator Sam~

hmm good idea, any change they'd bring jonas quinn to help deal with the replicators..would be fun to see daniel and jonas working together..;again

Comment

Originally posted by ReplicatorJade View Post
      First off, I want to say how I enjoyed watching the newest Stargate SG1 movie Continuum. It was pretty well done and enjoyed most of it.

I was thinking about if they did another movie in the future what would it be about. Since the Ori are pretty much delt with, as well as the Goa'uld and Replicators. Then I thought about Replicator Sam(Carter) on how it would be cool if they made a movie about that villian.
      1.) Well back in Season 5, I believe, in Menace, SG1 found a human form robot who was the first to create a replicator. What if there was some scientist who were familiar with the work of the man who created that robot, created his own, and that robot created another replicator.
      or
      2.) Since in the Ark of Truth, we could have it where someone purposely or accidently created a replicator, as did that guy from the I.O.A. in Ark of Truth.

Lets say the replicator gets away and happens to across infromation in the computer logs about Replicator Sam. So, it then builds a brand new Replicator Sam. And gives her the memories from the past, where she defeated fifth as well as got defeated by the weapon. And she now wishes to seek revenge of Colonel Carter and builds up an army of replicators and is going to attack earth.
      And towards the end, I had the idea of a face between Colonel Carter and Replicator Sam(Carter).

Anyone like my idea?
      No offense, but not really. I'd rather see something really original than to keep going back and resurrecting prior villains or villainesses.

Comment

Originally posted by ReplicatorJade View Post

or

Anyone like my idea?
        sounds like it could work as a fan fiction but mabye not a movie
        "What we need now is a tactical retreat. Did you see the episode on Stargate where they found themselves on a planet with a culture based loosely on Earth Athens and Sparta?"

Comment

Sorry, seems a little implausible and difficult to pull off because:

1. Replicator Carter and her minions were barely defeated by the symbiot in Carter's father working in an unusual collaboration with Baal when they figured out how to program the ancient wave propagation device and connect to all the Milky Way stargates at once. Carter just helped find the machine and contributed to the idea. There doesn't seem to be any good reason to single her out for revenge since it could hardly be said that she was solely responsible.

2. Although a drive for revenge is a common trait among villains, the Milky Way replicators weren't about revenge, they were programmed to consume matter, with the premium, tastiest matter, nuetronium, going to the human-form replicators. Their thing was to replicate and displace pretty much everything else with themselves. After that, they had nothing to do as with the dormant block-form replicators neatly stacked miles deep on the old Asgard homeworld.

3. With the wave machine gone, Replicator Carter would now be invincible and a fight with regular Carter could be expected to last about 10 seconds with the result of regular Carter being obliterated.

4. There is no reason for them to attack Earth per se, though Earth would presumably get gobbled up eventually along with the rest of the galaxy.

I don't like to see one of my favorite characters as evil doer anyway, even if it isn't the real Carter. It made for a good drama but I've seen enough of evil alter-Carter and am fine with the closure.

Replicators are kind of cool nonetheless. What I would like to see is a nice, kind-hearted, good-guy replicator, which is to say, Eva. I'm with Dr. Lee when he suggests that she could work at the SGC and be a valuable asset.

I'd like to see Eva back as a more of a regular character, maybe even a team member. She has such a nice personality, (besides being kind of hot). <g>

Despite being a hero, she's currently been exiled to exploring a virtual world inside an ancient computer/stasis-pod network. A good movie would be where she eventually figures out that the world isn't real and finds a way out. Meanwhile some major crisis is unfolding in the real world (perhaps triggering a glitch that clues her in / allows her to reconstitute her physical self--with Dr. Lee's help). Instead of being mad she volunteers to go on a heroic mission to save the day. After which, there can be no doubt as to her trustworthiness and she becomes a full-fledged (decorated?) member of the SGC.

Dr. Lee obviously likes her and maybe he reminds her of her former creator/mentor. Look, I'm a big Carter / Amanda Tapping fan for 10 years but let's face it, maybe she's had her day (in the sun) so to speak. Now that she's getting older, as CO of Atlantis, she has to be the world's nicest boss, but maybe she decides to retire or take a sabbatical back to the SGC. Dr. Lee and Carter are long-time collegues, buddies of sorts (even though she's the boss now). Anyway, Tapping/Carter really shines when she's somebody's side-kick and can bantor about high-tech.

So, how about a movie wherein Eva, Dr. Lee and Carter team up to save the world from otherwise certain doom which propels Eva to person-status and a happy-ending show-of-gratitude by all that she so richly deserves.

Now all we need is to figure out the nature of the impending doom. Something where Carter and Lee are the only ones left (or not captured, enslaved whatever). In or near the pod room, needing an ally (how about Eva?). Some sort of organic menace that would be fooled by Eva's human appearance but wherein Eva's durability and strength as replicator would give her an edge - confuse the enemy...

How about working on something like that instead? <g>
          Last edited by apostrophe; 09 September 2008, 09:29 PM. Reason: spelling
          "Thank God it hit the Reading Library, or somebody might have been seriously hurt!"

Comment

Thanks for your feedback everyone.

And the only reason I was suggesting that idea, is because Replicator Sam(Carter)had the shortest villian time on the show. I mean Apophis came back mant times, including the newest movie continuum. Several of the goa'uld(whom I can't spell their names, lol) made at least 4 episodes or more.

I just thought, since from what I heard how many fans liked the fact of a replicator version of sam carter, to why not give her a bigger role.

It would also be easier to do the movie that wat(meaning bringing back a past vallian) then to create a whole new enemy.

Comment

I think we aren't through with the Ori yet. Just because they don't believe in them anymore doesn't mean they won't be a problem-society. And maybe this isn't movie-caliber, but I think it would be sweet if the Doci and all the Priors came to Earth in search of sanctuary from the angry former worshipers of the Ori. If the human followers could find a way to operate their ships without the Priors, it is conceivable that they might come after Earth to get their revenge on the entire Ori priesthood, in the event that we actually took them as refugees.

I also always thought it would be cool if Anubis had actually made a number of ascending soldiers and that we only ever found one. The rest ascended automatically after a given period of time (not a much less realistic fail-safe then Ba'als in Continuum, really) and freed Anubis by overpowering Omah and possibly the rest of the Ancients. Also thought it would be cool if for some reason they freed Adriah too, and the two ascended bad guys could work together. The biggest problem with these ideas, though, is always that there is almost no conceivable way that the good guys could win in this scenario.

Comment

Humm...idk. I'm really tired of the Ori by now. I mean, the last two seasons were all about them. At least in the first 8 seasons, the goa'uld and replicators were spread throughout, instead of just all about one at a time.

Personally, I just think that the Replicator-Sam(Carter) didn't get alot of screen time, espiecally with how strong and powerful she was. She should have been in a few more episodes, but since they didn't, I would really like to see a film about her. Myabe not my idea that I posted above, but something.

And, I remembe watching an audio commentary as well as a behind the scenes on season 10 and the movie Ark of Truth, and the creators basiclly said they wanted to go another season, but didn't know who the enemies would be since the Ori are dealt with. (It's just what I heard).

Comment

As much as I like the Replicators, they've been played out. "Reckoning, Part 2" was great closure, and The Ark of Truth was a fun extra romp.

Comment

Working...
                  X