Replicator Sam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replicator Sam

The very first episode I ever saw of Stargate SG1 was New Order part two and I was very confused when I saw another sam carter come out from the replicator wall. And it wasn't until a year later that I started watching the show regularly and then bought the series on dvd.

Anyway, when I saw the episode Gemini, I was so fascinated with Replicator Sam. And even though she is evil, I felt much sympathy and still do for the character.

From my point of view, I find that Replicator Sam is very misunderstood. If you think of it, she was built for Fifth to have his version of Sam. Imagine if you were created, say cloned of a person who your maker wishes to be closer to. Replicator Sam is kind of torn between who she is(which is a replicator) and who she appears as(which is Sam Carter) and also having Sam Carters memories. I think if I was in her situation, I would have reacted and done most of the things she did in the episodes.

I was very disapointed that there weren't more episodes about it, as there where with most of the other villians.
    ~I am Replicator Jade and was built by Replicator Sam~

Originally posted by ReplicatorJade View Post
    The very first episode I ever saw of Stargate SG1 was New Order part two and I was very confused when I saw another sam carter come out from the replicator wall. And it wasn't until a year later that I started watching the show regularly and then bought the series on dvd.

Anyway, when I saw the episode Gemini, I was so fascinated with Replicator Sam. And even though she is evil, I felt much sympathy and still do for the character.

From my point of view, I find that Replicator Sam is very misunderstood. If you think of it, she was built for Fifth to have his version of Sam. Imagine if you were created, say cloned of a person who your maker wishes to be closer to. Replicator Sam is kind of torn between who she is(which is a replicator) and who she appears as(which is Sam Carter) and also having Sam Carters memories. I think if I was in her situation, I would have reacted and done most of the things she did in the episodes.

I was very disapointed that there weren't more episodes about it, as there where with most of the other villians.
    I agree. I thought Replicarter was a fascinating villain and I wish we'd seen more of her than just a few episodes. And I also kinda wish the final showdown had been between her and Sam, to finish the arc started in New Order and Gemini. But that's what fanfic is for!

I think the best villains are not pure evil, they sincerely believe what they are doing is right and good, it's just wrong and evil from the good guys' perspective. That's one reason the Ori never really gelled with me as good villains, it was a little too simplistic a case of good vs. evil, no real shades of gray except for Tomin's character.

Replicarter was just doing what she was programmed by Fifth to do, which just happen to entail taking over the entire galaxy.

sigpic

Comment

Yeah, I really was kind of disapointed that Replicator Sam died as she did. I was hoping for more of a thrilling death and make Sam Carter kind of the hero.
      They could have done an episode, where Sam saw in Replicator-Sam what she could become if she went to the evil side. I think it would have shown her more stronger and the great ability she has to stay true to the right path(good side). I think a face off between them would not only have strengthed her more, but it would have challenged her to a great length.

Comment

ITA with the comments made. While I loved the battle between Daniel and RC I would have loved the character to have lived for at least one more episode for a final battle with Sam. Would have liked to see some RC/Jack interaction as well.

Amanda did such an amazing job with the character.

Thanks to Pengyn, SamJackShipLover and Mala for the sig.

Comment

Originally posted by EH-T View Post
          ITA with the comments made. While I loved the battle between Daniel and RC I would have loved the character to have lived for at least one more episode for a final battle with Sam. Would have liked to see some RC/Jack interaction as well.

Amanda did such an amazing job with the character.

Yeah, she did. I was watching the audio commentary on the episode Gemini, and everyone said that Amanda Tapping was a trooper for all the hard work she did. Because she had to go back and fourth in both the roles, imagine shes talking to someone else in certain shots when no one was really there.

And yeah, I would have liked to see how Jack would react to her in the same room with him. I'm curious if he would at all show some form of sympathy since he was looking at Sam's face, kind of how she showed sympathy to Jack during the combat training by Fifth.

Comment

They could have done an episode, where Sam saw in Replicator-Sam what she could become if she went to the evil side. I think it would have shown her more stronger and the great ability she has to stay true to the right path(good side).
            This is one reason why Replicarter was one of my favorite villains, she forced Sam to confront her dark side. O'neill had that from his black ops days, Teal'c from his time as First Prime, and even Daniel had to confront his potential for doing evil on occasion, like in Absolute Power.

But until 'Gemini', I don't think Sam ever really had to face that, the idea that she possibly has it in her to do 'evil' things. They touched on it a bit at the end of the episode, but it would have been interesting if they could have explored that a bit more.

Yeah, she did. I was watching the audio commentary on the episode Gemini, and everyone said that Amanda Tapping was a trooper for all the hard work she did. Because she had to go back and fourth in both the roles, imagine shes talking to someone else in certain shots when no one was really there.
            I still need to watch the episode commentary, but from what I've read I totally agree, AT did an amazing job. Not just having to switch between characters, but doing that multiple times a day.

Though, out of all the Stargate actors, AT has probably had the most experience acting different versions of Sam or acting opposite herself.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
              This is one reason why Replicarter was one of my favorite villains, she forced Sam to confront her dark side. O'neill had that from his black ops days, Teal'c from his time as First Prime, and even Daniel had to confront his potential for doing evil on occasion, like in Absolute Power.

But until 'Gemini', I don't think Sam ever really had to face that, the idea that she possibly has it in her to do 'evil' things. They touched on it a bit at the end of the episode, but it would have been interesting if they could have explored that a bit more.
              Exactly, they covered the oposite path(dark/evil path) with SG1 except Carter. At the end of Gemini, the scene where Carter tells O'Neill that when Replicator Sam disabled the replicator pieces of her arm, it was what Carter would have done in her situation. That line really gave you an insite to the possiblities of a dark Sam Carter. But they just ledt it at that. Which is a little disapointing, since fans really got into the idea of the replicator sam.

Originally posted by EvenstarSRV View Post
              Though, out of all the Stargate actors, AT has probably had the most experience acting different versions of Sam or acting opposite herself.
              Yeah, she seems like she has a lot of experiance.

Comment

Originally Posted by EvenstarSRV

I love watching Replicator Carter she is the coolest villan i agree they should of had her in more eps and also having a more one on one Carter vs Replicator Carter not just a physical fight but a mental one as well like what she done with Daniel in the Reckoning and i would love to have also seen Jack's reaction to meeting her in person off world .

I've been thinking off the end of the Reckoning part 2 what if Replicator Carter wasnt destroyed at the end what if they only made it look like she was ?
                sigpic
                (''For all Eternity'') Ripperette,MultishipperAmanda=Angel Magnett,Teslan,Willen

Comment

Originally posted by helenmagnus23 View Post
                  I've been thinking off the end of the Reckoning part 2 what if Replicator Carter wasnt destroyed at the end what if they only made it look like she was ?
                  Yeah, just like in New Order, it looked like Sam Carter and Fifth died when the ship was destroyed. They could come back and say, that the ship daniel and Replicator-Sam were in, were near a planet, and Replicator-Sam beamed off the ship. Maybe even damanged, which could amount for the time between that episode at the newest movie Continuum.
                  Like maybe Replicator-Sam took over the planet, same as the otehr replicators did in the episode 'Un-natural' (I believe its called, from season 6, after the goa'uld took over the promethus).

Comment

Working...
                  X