Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any sign of sadness over the death of their teammate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any sign of sadness over the death of their teammate?

Did I overlook some expression of shock or grief over that team's loss of one of it's members? It's possible, I wasn't watching the show too closely, but didn't see anything to indicate the shock and horror that one would expect in that situation. Was Vega supposed to be a longtime member of the all female team, or was she just a 'redshirt' even to them? Weird episode, felt like maybe this was the episode they had planned for Halloween but maybe got bumped up somehow.

Originally posted by cavalierlwt View Post
    Did I overlook some expression of shock or grief over that team's loss of one of it's members? It's possible, I wasn't watching the show too closely, but didn't see anything to indicate the shock and horror that one would expect in that situation. Was Vega supposed to be a longtime member of the all female team, or was she just a 'redshirt' even to them? Weird episode, felt like maybe this was the episode they had planned for Halloween but maybe got bumped up somehow.
    Hmmm..........redshirt. I think Sheppard exhibited more emotion about her depth, judging from his grim expression, than her teammates did.

Comment

yea, i noticed that too, ok, the military personell probobly is trained to handle death, but i expected to see more reaction from civillians.

Comment

LOL...I noticed it too.

they kind of just shrugged and left her dead body behind. Guess the team forgot all about her after she was killed off. Never mentioned her again...huh?

But as JM says..."no one ever really dies in sci-fi."

Whispers 2:

Vega returns from the dead as a brain eating zombie. Her teammate need not worry for they don't have any brains to begin with. Oh, but Rodney...poor Rodney. The Zombies will want to eat his brain.
        Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
          Whispers 2:

Vega returns from the dead as a brain eating zombie. Her teammate need not worry for they don't have any brains to begin with. Oh, but Rodney...poor Rodney. The Zombies will want to eat his brain.
          An episode worth watching, if not only for that blurb. zombie!Vega eats a few brains but dies of starvation...

Comment

LOL...I noticed it too.

they kind of just shrugged and left her dead body behind. Guess the team forgot all about her after she was killed off. Never mentioned her again...huh?

Whispers 2:

Poor Rodney. He's got the filet mignon of brains while the rest have MacDonald's hamburgers

Comment

Listening to the interview with Janina on Gateworld, there was a scene where there was a "moment of silence" for the loss of Vega. It was cut.
              sigpic

Comment

I was gutted vega got killed, i wished it had been dusty, she annoyed me!

Click Signature for my take on all things in life, also known as my BLOG!!
                Please Read and if it interest you make a comment

Atlantis -
                SG1 -

Comment

I don't think they cried or showed tons of emotion, but in the army and such they train them not to let their emotions get the better of them as it can get you killed. So they were probably sad about what happened, but if they broke down and cried like people in the "real" world would do generally ,then they could have ended up dead. Not to say it would happen, but I think them keeping themselves under control was the right way to portray what happened.

LOL...I noticed it too.

Whispers 2:

They couldn't take her with them as they had to get away from whatever those things were called. Sure Sheppard could have slung her over his shoulder, but they need to fire at the things to stop them. So it would not have been possible to take her with them, without putting themselves at more risk.
                  sigpic

Comment

By season 5 of the show, is anyone really surprised by TPTB's penchant for killing characters? Of course it's stupid. That's part and parcel of what the show has become.
                    Tilting windmills since... well... too long ago to remember...

sigpic

My portfolio and repository:
                    http://z13.invisionfree.com/Peregrine_Design/

Comment

Working...
                    X