This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis should have a sailling ship.

I know we can get to the main-land by Puddle Jumpers, but what if those are not available.
    Lesson number one in strategic planning, always have a back-up.
    Also, what if they want to do research on the ocean.
    As far as I know, you can't land a Jumper on water.
    And why it should be wind powered is simple.
    Its available, any other power source would be to much trouble to install or collect resource for.
    sigpic

SGU Continued....

to think of it, there might be somekind of submarines of the ancients located somewhere in Atlantis. Or boats that the SGA teams haven't located yet.
    "The major difference between the thing that might go wrong and a thing that cannot possibly go wrong is that when a thing that cannot possibly go wrong goes wrong it usually turns out to be impossible to get at or repair."

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
      I know we can get to the main-land by Puddle Jumpers, but what if those are not available.
      Lesson number one in strategic planning, always have a back-up.
      Also, what if they want to do research on the ocean.
      As far as I know, you can't land a Jumper on water.
      Its available, any other power source would be to much trouble to install or collect resource for.
      Why not? Spoilers, The Eye
      Spoiler:
      Adjusting the little knob that Dr. Beckett was playing with in 'The Eye' should allow you to land on water.
      sigpic

Comment

or a transporter on the land!
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
          Why not? Spoilers, The Eye
          Spoiler:
          Adjusting the little knob that Dr. Beckett was playing with in 'The Eye' should allow you to land on water.
          I haven't seen that episode yet.
          And that's just speculation.
          sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

But wind power requires the most training to use. Most people could make a rough job of piloting a power boat, so long as they were in fairly open water, but anything with a sail is complicated. If no-one on the team sails, wind power would be worse than useless.
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
              But wind power requires the most training to use. Most people could make a rough job of piloting a power boat, so long as they were in fairly open water, but anything with a sail is complicated. If no-one on the team sails, wind power would be worse than useless.
              Well, the team is pretty big.
              So there probably is somebody who can sail.
              And maybe on of the Athosian can do it.
              There has to be some-one in the Pegasus Galaxy who has braved the waves....
              sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

I can't see them using it as a main form of transport, although maybe as someone's-hobby-that-will-become-very-useful-in-the-self-same-episode-it's-first-mentioned-then-never-come-up-again(TM).
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

A sail boat would be pointless, the land is on the other side of the planet.

And how did the Anients know where they were going to land? It could have been any planet at all.
                  It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

The Ancients should have two ways to transport a large group of people on a planet.

1. Transporter, like the Asgard one.
                    2. A large ship, capable of carrying many people.

Puddle Jumpers only take 15 or so.

Comment

Well, the team is pretty big.
                      So there probably is somebody who can sail.
                      And maybe on of the Athosian can do it.
                      There has to be some-one in the Pegasus Galaxy who has braved the waves....
                      possible spoiler
                      Spoiler:
                      With the imput of more me from home, maybe they'll send some navy personnel.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                        possible spoiler
                        Spoiler:
                        With the imput of more me from home, maybe they'll send some navy personnel.

Now that I think will be pointless and waste of resources they should get more scientist and some marines at Atlantis to study the technology and protect it.
                        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I haven't seen that episode yet.
                          And that's just speculation.
                          Well.
                          Spoiler:
                          He turned it to anchor the Jumper down. It was something to do with the inertial damperners. I think it made the jumper heavier/lighter.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                            Well.
                            Spoiler:
                            He turned it to anchor the Jumper down. It was something to do with the inertial damperners. I think it made the jumper heavier/lighter.
                            I think it was made
                            Spoiler:
                            Lighter
                            "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

Originally posted by Wass
                              I think it was made
                              Spoiler:
                              Lighter
                              Spoiler:
                              Well that would be stupid. It'd blow away.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X