Life-signs detector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Life-signs detector?

I was just thinking about the similarities between 'Whispers' and 'Vengeance' and I seem to remember that the team made extensive use of a life signs detector in 'Vengeance'. Yet in 'Whispers' despite having 6 expedition members present not one utilized a life signs detector or any other scanning equipment...

Anyway, I was wondering what everyone else thought about this? Are life signs detectors etc overused props or would it have made the episode better?

Originally posted by sparky View Post
    I was just thinking about the similarities between 'Whispers' and 'Vengeance' and I seem to remember that the team made extensive use of a life signs detector in 'Vengeance'. Yet in 'Whispers' despite having 6 expedition members present not one utilized a life signs detector or any other scanning equipment...

Anyway, I was wondering what everyone else thought about this? Are life signs detectors etc overused props or would it have made the episode better?
    My guess is that they didn't use an LSD because it would have (or did) stopped working like the flashlights and radios.

Comment

Originally posted by PuddleJumper42 View Post
      My guess is that they didn't use an LSD because it would have (or did) stopped working like the flashlights and radios.
      Good point, that said, the tablet PCs seemed to work fine in the mist.

Comment

Yes, but the point is, at the end of the episode, the gunlights work again (wonderful deus ex-machina !). Moreover, like sparky said, "the tablet PCs seemed to work fine in the mist." ... So. We obviously found an error in this new episode.

Edit : I'm thinking, in the first Atlantis Season, it's been told that the life sign detectors cannot separate human beings from the others (Wraiths, for exemple), so, it'ld be a good explanation for the "why didn't they take a LSD for this offworld mission" question
        Last edited by Thor_Enke; 07 September 2008, 02:44 AM. Reason: No; just a detail

Comment

i think they didn't use it cause....well it'd have taken all the creep out of the show if they could have found the monsters.

it was a plot hole deliberately created to facilitate the plot
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Thor_Enke View Post
            Yes, but the point is, at the end of the episode, the gunlights work again (wonderful deus ex-machina !). Moreover, like sparky said, "the tablet PCs seemed to work fine in the mist." ... So. We obviously found an error in this new episode.
            At the end there wasn't enough mist around to affect the flash lights. Remember it took a little while in the mist to turn them off in the first place. The tablet didn't work in the mist, that's why Sheppard had to lower in into the well. So that it could attract all of them before the mist affected it. They say so in the episode.

The life-signs detector probably wouldn't work in the fog either.

'happiness is a warm gun' sig made by Bandcat
            Draco sig made by Spork67

Comment

Didn't they have a LSD the first time they went into the catacombs ? I remember hearing the "beep, beep, beep" while they were throwing glow sticks around.

Comment

Originally posted by Dalario View Post
                Didn't they have a LSD the first time they went into the catacombs ? I remember hearing the "beep, beep, beep" while they were throwing glow sticks around.
                I think it was a scanner detecting an energy signal, not a LSD. And anyway, there was no fog in the catacombs at the beginning, because the creatures hadn't been let loose yet.
                sigpic
                Sig made by Pic-Collswan

Comment

Working...
                X