This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

atlantis

when is the last time you saw it rain on atlantis besides in the season 1 mid season 2 parter the storm and the eye? i mean why is the weather always so perfect? a little rain once and a while does wonders in the way of creating realism.
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Beats British weather

But yes, it always seems to be sunny in Atlantis
    Should show more varied weather, or is there a reason why its always sunny??

Comment

This might be a totally stupid question but does it rain in the middle of the ocean often? I thought rain was caused by different temperature air mixing and i dont see how there could be different temp. air over the ocean. Just a silly thought

Comment

Yes, it does rain in the middle of the ocean. Tropical storms and hurricanes have lots of rain with them whether they are hitting land or in the middl eof the ocean. I found this, it is actually very interesting: http://askville.amazon.com/rain-ocea...questId=735977

As far as raining on Atlantis. It is suppose to be an alien world so they can always use that as a reason we don't see rain if they wanted to. Plus, the fact that the city would be a small spot on a very large ocean means a lot of rain could be happening on that ocean that just doesn't hit their location. But also remember that days, weeks, and months go by between epiodes. As a result, it could be assumed that there is rain during the times in between episodes.

Comment

Originally posted by Becky S. View Post
          As far as raining on Atlantis. It is suppose to be an alien world so they can always use that as a reason we don't see rain if they wanted to. Plus, the fact that the city would be a small spot on a very large ocean means a lot of rain could be happening on that ocean that just doesn't hit their location. But also remember that days, weeks, and months go by between epiodes. As a result, it could be assumed that there is rain during the times in between episodes.
          that's my thought too. it's a different galaxy, so weather patterns are more than likely different also.

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
          Beats British weather

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
            Beats British weather
            Amen.

But yes, it always seems to be sunny in Atlantis
            Should show more varied weather, or is there a reason why its always sunny??
            Here's a thought... maybe Atlantis has weather control features? Even McKay has admitted to not understanding what half the Ancient systems do; maybe one of them generates a high pressure system or something which keeps most bad weather at bay? Obviously, it couldn't stop the storm in season 1, but then Atlantis is only running on limited power.

It's more interesting than the real reason: reused stock footage.
            Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

It's always sunny on Atlantis because that saves special effects money for other things. Though you'd think they could recycle footage from The Storm or The Eye.

Comment

It's Always Sunny in Philade... wait I mean Atlantis. You're confusing me.

Comment

Working...
                X