PDA

View Full Version : Weapons in Universe

EvilSokar
September 6th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Hey,

I wonder if the Universe Team will keep good old P90's or arriving with something new on the destiny. Since the obviously can't return, they have to stick with what they have, and P90 are quite overused by now.

And what alien weapons will they bring aboard? Zats, Wraith Blaster, Ori Staff Weapons?

Mathieas
September 6th, 2008, 10:55 AM
The SGC should negotiate with the Travelers for a number of guns like the one Ronin carries. It has a stun setting and has been shown to blow holes in reinforced doors and walls. Also, Tealc liked it.

jelgate
September 6th, 2008, 11:43 AM
I imagine we will keep P90 but a sidearm will feature some alien weapon like zats/Wraith stunner.

Ripple in Space
September 6th, 2008, 11:47 AM
where will they get the bullets?

Flyboy
September 6th, 2008, 11:51 AM
It's possible the SGC can dial Destiny but they can't dial back.

EvilSokar
September 6th, 2008, 01:22 PM
where will they get the bullets?

Maybe they use that asgard molecular-thing-machine...

@Bennett:
Hm, explain please!

Flyboy
September 6th, 2008, 01:24 PM
Maybe they use that asgard molecular-thing-machine...

@Bennett:
Hm, explain please!
Ok. ASSUMING that the Destiny (ie the ship they're on) is what the original team gate to first from Stargate Command, then there's no reason why we couldn't gate to it when we should see fit. There's every reason why they may not be able to dial back, but if it IS possible to dial the Destiny wherever it is in the universe, there nshouldnt be a reason why the SGC couldn't dial them at will.

marty2006
September 7th, 2008, 04:15 AM
Id think we would use p-90s but perhaps we will use the ancients sidearm we have seen before, if there are any on the ship.

Prior Master
September 7th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Id think we would use p-90s but perhaps we will use the ancients sidearm we have seen before, if there are any on the ship.

Maybe the weapon seen in SGA's "Aurora" or the Asuran side arm. Perhaps an energy weapon that will be acquired from an advanced race in the series premier or another early episode

Sameera
September 7th, 2008, 09:13 PM
If they do take an earth weapon I hope they replace the P-90, it has been used for a while now so I would like to see something new, like the FN SCAR. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_SCAR

I would also like to see them come up with some new alien weapons that they acquire in the show along with bringing a few of the old favorites with them. A zat or two, maybe a stunner, just a few things that would keep with some continuity and spice things up a bit.

lunarleviathan
September 7th, 2008, 10:22 PM
Earth weapons will not matter. They will take whatever it is they take and run out of ammo eventually, probably very early on. Then they'll have to procure alien weaponary, perhaps their weaponary will change as the series progresses and they move along.

Then again, who's to say there will be much in the way of firefights? It's possible that the large firefights in alien forests will be a thing of the past. Hopefully not, but you never know.

Also, I hope we don't see any alien weaponary from SG-1 or Atlantis. All new stuff please.

cjp240573
September 7th, 2008, 11:36 PM
The SGC should negotiate with the Travelers for a number of guns like the one Ronin carries. It has a stun setting and has been shown to blow holes in reinforced doors and walls. Also, Tealc liked it.

I think the ZATS should be brought back in. I miss them.

GhostPoet
September 8th, 2008, 10:43 AM
I think it's pretty obvious what the weapons will be.

the SG team will have ninja-like abilities. they'll run around with swords and do backflips a lot. Oh, they'll also all carry M60's and they can fire in one hand.

In the 2nd season, they won't even need weapons. They'll just flip around like crazy and fire energy bolts from their hands.

quade_1
September 8th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Ok. ASSUMING that the Destiny (ie the ship they're on) is what the original team gate to first from Stargate Command, then there's no reason why we couldn't gate to it when we should see fit. There's every reason why they may not be able to dial back, but if it IS possible to dial the Destiny wherever it is in the universe, there nshouldnt be a reason why the SGC couldn't dial them at will.

I would think that chances are they will dial from Atlantis and not the SGC. And I would also bet on they can only dial the ship once, seeing as the 8th chevron to atlantis drained a ZedPM, who knows how much juice is needed for the 9th chevron.

but back to the weapons, i don't see projectile weapons being useful, as they can only carry limited munitions. But i would like to see more energy weapons, i can't remember the last time i saw a Zat or even that large wraith stunner from the first season of SGA. They should explore the whole Zat, one shot stun, two shot kill, three shot disintegrate the body.

thekillman
September 9th, 2008, 04:14 AM
seeing as the 8th chevron to atlantis drained a ZedPM, who knows how much juice is needed for the 9th chevron.

ahem, it depleted a nearly depleated ZPM

thekillman
September 9th, 2008, 04:15 AM
they could re-use models. so me hope they use ancient guns[re-used from asurans], and x-699 weapons, with p-90's and a ton of ammo.

quade_1
September 9th, 2008, 09:13 AM
ahem, it depleted a nearly depleated ZPM

it still depleted a ton of energy, its no 9volt battery. a nearly depleted Z(ed)PM powered Atlantis and the shield for almost a year.

jenks
September 9th, 2008, 09:33 AM
For all we know the ship could be closer than Pegasus...

thekillman
September 9th, 2008, 10:28 AM
and then we could just visit

stargater1990
September 9th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Hey,

I wonder if the Universe Team will keep good old P90's or arriving with something new on the destiny. Since the obviously can't return, they have to stick with what they have, and P90 are quite overused by now.

And what alien weapons will they bring aboard? Zats, Wraith Blaster, Ori Staff Weapons?

maybe they will introduce some asgard inspired energy wepon. i mean since the mission is apperently a recon mission they will undoubtedly bring only eneough ordinance for a few days so it makes me think that they might introduce some new energy wepon. unless, when they get there they find an armory full of ancient wepons and explosives. now that would be super cool. finally some ancient wepons. i mean they were in a war and we havent seen any wepons other than the ones in aurora.

Ackeb
September 9th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Wouldnt be suprised if earth could and does dial them at some point. Radio signals can travel through an open workhole so supplies could be requested. I think conventional weapons will be used but some alien tech will also be inttroduced.

mattyg1987
September 12th, 2008, 09:33 AM
I wonder if the 9th chevron will only work one way and they can't actually gate back to Earth?

mattyg1987
September 12th, 2008, 09:34 AM
And they will no doubt use earth based weapons with the odd use of some alien tech like in Atlantis and Sg-1.

thekillman
September 12th, 2008, 09:37 AM
would be cool if they dialled just long enough to beam equipment through

fallenexile452
September 13th, 2008, 02:38 PM
using an asgard inspired weapon is good for two reasons as it will be something new and pretty much unique so far (excluding any future movies in which they may be used) but also maintains continuity within the franchise.

The use of ancient stunners is also possible. as it was the peak of their civilisation its may be possible to use an early model of the ancient hand held weapons perhaps one that is not just a stunner, thinking zat like 1-2 shots stun/kill.