X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weapons in Universe

Hey,

I wonder if the Universe Team will keep good old P90's or arriving with something new on the destiny. Since the obviously can't return, they have to stick with what they have, and P90 are quite overused by now.

And what alien weapons will they bring aboard? Zats, Wraith Blaster, Ori Staff Weapons?

The SGC should negotiate with the Travelers for a number of guns like the one Ronin carries. It has a stun setting and has been shown to blow holes in reinforced doors and walls. Also, Tealc liked it.

Comment

I imagine we will keep P90 but a sidearm will feature some alien weapon like zats/Wraith stunner.
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

where will they get the bullets?
        sigpic
        "Most of our John Sheppard impressions sound more like a demented Jimmy Stewart than Joe Flanigan."
        ~David Hewlett

Comment

It's possible the SGC can dial Destiny but they can't dial back.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ripple in Space View Post
            where will they get the bullets?
            Maybe they use that asgard molecular-thing-machine...

@Bennett:
            Hm, explain please!

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSokar View Post
              Maybe they use that asgard molecular-thing-machine...

@Bennett:
              Hm, explain please!
              Ok. ASSUMING that the Destiny (ie the ship they're on) is what the original team gate to first from Stargate Command, then there's no reason why we couldn't gate to it when we should see fit. There's every reason why they may not be able to dial back, but if it IS possible to dial the Destiny wherever it is in the universe, there nshouldnt be a reason why the SGC couldn't dial them at will.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Id think we would use p-90s but perhaps we will use the ancients sidearm we have seen before, if there are any on the ship.

Comment

Originally posted by marty2006 View Post
                  Id think we would use p-90s but perhaps we will use the ancients sidearm we have seen before, if there are any on the ship.
                  Maybe the weapon seen in SGA's "Aurora" or the Asuran side arm. Perhaps an energy weapon that will be acquired from an advanced race in the series premier or another early episode

Comment

If they do take an earth weapon I hope they replace the P-90, it has been used for a while now so I would like to see something new, like the FN SCAR. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_SCAR

I would also like to see them come up with some new alien weapons that they acquire in the show along with bringing a few of the old favorites with them. A zat or two, maybe a stunner, just a few things that would keep with some continuity and spice things up a bit.

Comment

Earth weapons will not matter. They will take whatever it is they take and run out of ammo eventually, probably very early on. Then they'll have to procure alien weaponary, perhaps their weaponary will change as the series progresses and they move along.

Then again, who's to say there will be much in the way of firefights? It's possible that the large firefights in alien forests will be a thing of the past. Hopefully not, but you never know.

Also, I hope we don't see any alien weaponary from SG-1 or Atlantis. All new stuff please.

Comment

Originally posted by Mathieas View Post
                        The SGC should negotiate with the Travelers for a number of guns like the one Ronin carries. It has a stun setting and has been shown to blow holes in reinforced doors and walls. Also, Tealc liked it.
                        I think the ZATS should be brought back in. I miss them.

Comment

I think it's pretty obvious what the weapons will be.

the SG team will have ninja-like abilities. they'll run around with swords and do backflips a lot. Oh, they'll also all carry M60's and they can fire in one hand.

In the 2nd season, they won't even need weapons. They'll just flip around like crazy and fire energy bolts from their hands.
                          It feels good to be alive.
                          Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                            Ok. ASSUMING that the Destiny (ie the ship they're on) is what the original team gate to first from Stargate Command, then there's no reason why we couldn't gate to it when we should see fit. There's every reason why they may not be able to dial back, but if it IS possible to dial the Destiny wherever it is in the universe, there nshouldnt be a reason why the SGC couldn't dial them at will.
                            I would think that chances are they will dial from Atlantis and not the SGC. And I would also bet on they can only dial the ship once, seeing as the 8th chevron to atlantis drained a ZedPM, who knows how much juice is needed for the 9th chevron.

but back to the weapons, i don't see projectile weapons being useful, as they can only carry limited munitions. But i would like to see more energy weapons, i can't remember the last time i saw a Zat or even that large wraith stunner from the first season of SGA. They should explore the whole Zat, one shot stun, two shot kill, three shot disintegrate the body.

Comment

seeing as the 8th chevron to atlantis drained a ZedPM, who knows how much juice is needed for the 9th chevron.
                              ahem, it depleted a nearly depleated ZPM

Comment

Working...
                              X