Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A taste of SG Universe?

hiya

new poster, long time listener here....not sure if this has been mentioned before, had a quick flick through couldn't find any reference:

does anyone think this is a tester for some of the SG universe concepts of young n desperate explorers etc etc?

this ep seemed very out of place to me...4 young pop' n fresh female actors come in to an ep....all but two of the regs are only to be found......female characters are uncharacteristically 'edgy' vega's "oh my gosh, like totally, no way" kind of teeny dialog...

..it all jsut seemed: Odd

defiantly a let down for me this ep, coming from a very strong season

your thoughts?

yeah this was a waste episode and a waste of my time, no point and no ronon or teyla just a bunch of girls armed with guns and chewing on gum.

Comment

I don't think so
      This ep was in the making before Universe even got greenlight and we knew of how SGU would pan out.
      I'm a 60%er | Sigs are made by me and othersThe Lorne Identity - A Lorne fanfiction collection community.

Comment

This episode was written by Joe and Paul, who don't have anything to do with Universe.
        Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

hiya

thats a good point, even so, i guess this ep gives an idea what a younger cast would be like!

Comment

Originally posted by thedrumm3rguy View Post
            hiya

new poster, long time listener here....not sure if this has been mentioned before, had a quick flick through couldn't find any reference:

does anyone think this is a tester for some of the SG universe concepts of young n desperate explorers etc etc?

this ep seemed very out of place to me...4 young pop' n fresh female actors come in to an ep....all but two of the regs are only to be found......female characters are uncharacteristically 'edgy' vega's "oh my gosh, like totally, no way" kind of teeny dialog...

..it all jsut seemed: Odd

defiantly a let down for me this ep, coming from a very strong season

your thoughts?
            This seems like a reasonable conjecture.

However, with the exception of Nicole deBoer's character, the all female team was exceedingly boring, humdrum, cliche, and all around...NOT Stargate material.

It makes one wonder just what market, exactly, the people at the top are trying to reach here. A younger demographic? The horror crowd?

Neither of those demographics make up the majority of Stargate SG1, or Stargate: Atlantis, fans.

Many of those I personally know who watch this show are educated, 25-45 year old males, some of whom are doctors, both medical and otherwise...highly educated people for whom shows like "Whispers" are nothing but drivel.

If they want to lose fans in a major way...keep Mallozzi and Mullie writing aweful, horror stories with all the non-fun cliches of films like "Scream"....

But then, I guess they don't have much to worry about since they've gone and canceled the series now do they?

Comment

The thought that SGU would be like this did float through my mind as I forced myself to watch the whole show.

Comment

If new female team run SU, not McKay and Beckett, I will walk out with high heels as I "gay off" at the new cast!

Comment

So every bad episode is going to be a taste of SGU
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    So every bad episode is going to be a taste of SGU
                    No. Just those that appear to be targetting the teenage male demographic with sex appeal by putting forward a ridiculous all female team.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                      No. Just those that appear to be targetting the teenage male demographic with sex appeal by putting forward a ridiculous all female team.
                      Not only did they fail with the rest of the ep they also failed with the "sex appeal".
                      Jedi_Master_Bra'tac, previously known as wako!

Comment

i liked it but then again i like hot girls and guns so hot girls with guns really does it for me
                        sigpic

Comment

If SGU included female team is in trouble by tv ratings as the viewers watch less and less. It's Sci Fi's fault!

It would be likely to cancel SGU by 7 eispodes as SciFi left Stargate-less. I switch it to HGTV and Food Network; I rather see Dr. McKay vs Dr. Beckett in Iron Chef America.

Comment

No, I do not think this was a "taste of SGU".
                            sigpic
                            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
                            "...phu...ah..."
                            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
                            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

No.
                              It's a dangerous business going out your front door.
                              --J.R.R. Tolkien

Comment

Working...
                              X