Ship fight

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ship fight

I have thought about this for sometime who would win in a fight with ships, the wraith or the goa'uhld?

I think the wraith would, but why?

And then is my "List" of how powerful ship the difrent races have correct?

1: Ori
    2: Ancients, or do they have as powerful ships as the ori?
    3: Asgards
    4: Humans with asgard tech of course
    5: Wraith
    6: Ghoualuld

Any other intresting ship fact?

I'm not sure who'd win, but i'd love to see it.

The Goa'uld have shields and their ships are manouverable, but the Wraith have the size advantage and, i imagine, the more powerful weapon.

The goa'uld were scared of the Wraith though and did try to destroy Atlantis so they wouldn't be able to get to the Milky Way. They had lost their empire at the time though.

If i had to make a decision i'd go with the Wraith as their ships are huge and their ability to fire in multiple directions, although limited, would win the day.

Comment

For me the Earth ships with the Asgard tech upgrades as after a couple of shots from the beam weapon against any of the other races ships either rendered them disable or destroyed.
      http://www.myspace.com/adam_1973

Comment

wraith would win hands down, hell one hive could beat down a goauld fleet. not only do they have way superior weapons, the goauld weapons wont do much against the thick hive hull. even if we took hives out of the equasion, cruisers will still beat multiple ha'tak

Comment

I hate how the Ori arc in the show severly dumbed down the Goau'ld ships. People think that Hatak's are weak.

A Hatak can take on a 304, minus the beams.
          Visit my Website

Comment

because a 304 cant hurt shields.................

wraith can shoot down our shields quite fast. faster than goauld

Comment

I think that the ori have powerful ships they would be able to track asgard ships due to the asgaurd hyperdrive but i dont knew if they could defeat the asgaurd. AS for the ancients they were extremly avanced they made the stargate and are feared by the ori therfore i believe that the ancients would win. I have no doubt that the goau'ld are powerful, but there very existance could have been stopped at any moment by the ancients or the asgaurd. Although i beleive that the wraith are a very sucessful species and have sucessful been able to defeat the ancients i believe that was to due to the fact that the ancients allowed the wraith to develope like the goa'uld and could of defeated them before now. but due to the fact that daedelus can defeat wraith ships then it really just depends on situation!! think this is a very hard question and i dont believe there is any straight answer but its a mighty challenge!!
              :
              sigpic
              If i was a picture i'd look something like this, cos friendship brightens my day!!!

Comment

Originally posted by folke123 View Post
                1: Ori
                2: Ancients, or do they have as powerful ships as the ori?
                3: Asgards
                4: Humans with asgard tech of course
                5: Wraith
                6: Ghoualuld
                Which ones are they again?

Comment

i only know goauld

Comment

This is something that I always wondered about. Compare the Daedalus in "The Siege" to, say, the sort of upgraded Ha'tak that Anubis fielded.

Assuming that the Daedalus had the most advanced Asgard shields of the time, I think it had the edge in defensive technology. But clearly, the Ha'tak's weaponry far surpasses rail guns and missiles. And Anubis's shields, while ultimately not the strongest in either series, were still pretty strong. The result being that although it had inferior shielding, the Ha'tak had substantially superior weaponry.

Plus, there are/were far more Ha'taks than 304s, so although any one Ha'tak could not survive the beating that Daedalus took from the Wraith fleet, by adding multiple additional Ha'taks to the scenario, each individual Goa'uld's ship's survivability jumps significantly. Remember the Daedalus was taking fire from the entire Wraith fleet, whereas in our hypothetical Wraith/Goa'uld battle, the Wraith would not be able to concentrate their fire to that extent.

So I think, if the Goa'uld fleet were large enough, it could definitely take on the Wraith. We shouldn't undersell the value you get from those upgraded cannons they were sporting.

Of course, the sheer size of the Hive ships make them very difficult to drop, so any Goa'uld fleet would probably have to have a significant numerical advantage, which might have only been possible with system lords like Sokar, Anubis, or with the Free Jaffa Nation.

Comment

Judging by how fast other Ha'tak take each other out and the Wraith of fire of Wraith weapons I don't think it would take long for a Hive to destroy a Ha'tak. Thats assuming the weapons are of equal strength. If the weapons aren't of equal strength and the Wraith have stronger weapons as I personally think the Goa'ulds chances become slimer. Their shields will drop very fast and their weapons will cause little damage to the Hives.
                      Robert Jastrow (self-proclaimed agnostic): "For the scientist who has lived by his faith in the power of reason, the story ends like a bad dream. He has scaled the mountains of ignorance; he is about to conquer the highest peak; as he pulls himself over the final rock, he is greeted by a band of theologians who have been sitting there for centuries."

Comment

How about Anubis's supership vs a hive? its a different type of weapon so it could have no effect on the organic ships or would it be just as effective?

Comment

Originally posted by fallenexile452 View Post
                          How about Anubis's supership vs a hive? its a different type of weapon so it could have no effect on the organic ships or would it be just as effective?
                          Incredibly effective actualy, you saw what hapened to rival Ha'taks, not to mention Abydos.

Comment

Originally posted by Buba uognarf View Post
                            Judging by how fast other Ha'tak take each other out and the Wraith of fire of Wraith weapons I don't think it would take long for a Hive to destroy a Ha'tak. Thats assuming the weapons are of equal strength. If the weapons aren't of equal strength and the Wraith have stronger weapons as I personally think the Goa'ulds chances become slimer. Their shields will drop very fast and their weapons will cause little damage to the Hives.
                            We're yet to see a battle between Ha'taks of the same level, with both of them having their shields up.
                            Wraith ships can also blow each other rather quickly when they want to, but just like Ha'taks, they take quite some time to diminish a 304's shields.

Now, if size matters, a hiveship should have what it takes to take on a Ha'tak. A hiveship is, after all, 15.71 times longer than a Ha'tak.
                            The Al'kesh is not a warship - Info on Naqahdah & Naqahdria - Firepower of Goa'uld staff weapons - Everything about Hiveships and the Wraith - An idea about what powers Destiny...

Comment

If you're talking about a fight with ships as in all of them the Wraith would only really be challenged by the Asgard before the replicators ate them all.

The Asgard have the massive quality advantage on their side but the Wraith can grow a new ship out of a guy and a virus in a very short time.

It's not clear how long it takes the Asgard to build new ships but it's fairly clear to me at least that the only thing really limiting Wraith ship numbers is crew availability and the only thing limiting that is food availability.

I do wonder why they don't just employ vast fleets of AI controlled ships, though given their perception of the Asurans as "abominations who are not even alive" perhaps I shouldn't.

The Ori likewise have good quality ships but they seem to have a really hard time cranking them out in any sort of decent numbers.

So basically The Wraith are going to be as good as the amount of food they have available to work with. The Asgard probably are the best overall and I always figured the ancients and Ori were about equal though I'd give the edge to the ancients industrially. The Ori seemed to prefer to keep all their worlds technologically backward. The Goa'uld aren't even a factor barring superships like Anubis.

Comment

Working...
                              X