• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAN REVIEWS: 'The Lost Tribe'

Visit the Episode Guide
    STARGATE ATLANTIS - SEASON FIVE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 511

Sheppard must race to save McKay and Daniel Jackson from an Ancient laboratory before Todd, who has hijacked an Earth battle cruiser, gets there first.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>

GATEWORLD FAN REVIEWS

Calling All Writers! Tell the world what you think of the newest episodes of Stargate Atlantis! Rather than publishing a single review at GateWorld, we're letting you offer your thoughtful and well-reasoned evaluation of episodes. Some of our favorite reviews will be highlighted on GateWorld.net, exposing your writing to tens of thousands of readers! But we do have some guidelines, so please read carefully before submitting your review.

This thread does not function like normal threads at GateWorld! Read this post carefully.

Fan Review threads are not for conversation, even if it is discussing a member's review. For that, please use the official GateWorld episode discussion threads in this folder, or start a new thread. All posts to this thread that are conversational will be immediately deleted.

Fan Review threads are strictly reserved for formal reviews, which are deemed by the moderators to meet the following four guidelines:
      (1) LENGTH. Your review must be a minimum of 400 words and a maximum of 1,000 words.

(2) FORMALITY. Your review should be in a formal prose style (not informal and conversational, as regular forum posts are), following the Introduction - Body - Conclusion form. (The best reviews will include a single, encapsulated statement evaluating the overall episode that is stated in the introduction, defended in the body, and restated in the conclusion.)

(3) EDITORIALIZING. This piece is about your opinion of this specific episode. Do not summarize scenes or plot points, and generally avoid objective analysis of developments in story arcs, characters, etc. Assume that your readers have seen the episode you are discussing. Your review should give your opinion of various aspects of the episode (see below), not simply inform.

Beyond this, your ultimate goal is to challenge readers to think about the episode in a way they may not have when they first saw it. Avoid phrases like "I liked" and "I didn't like." Don't merely state what you thought -- defend it with examples.

Aspects of the episode that you might want to include in your review are (you do not need to cover every item on this list!):

Story
        Character use
        Dialogue
        Writing
        Acting
        Directing
        Guest casting
        Music / score
        Visual effects
        Editing
        Costumes & makeup
        Overall production value
        Contribution to story arcs / overall series

(4) FAIRNESS. Very few episodes that you dislike are without a few saving graces, just as very few episodes that you love are completely without flaw. Avoid unqualified gushing on the one hand, or unbalanced negativism on the other. Personal attacks on the show's cast or crew are strictly forbidden.

By posting a reply to this thread, you are submitting a Fan Review for publication here on the forum! (Questions or concerns can be directed to the moderators via Private Message or the "Ask the Moderators" thread; do not post them here.) All reviews that are deemed to sufficiently meet the guidelines above will be approved and published in this thread, regardless of the author or the opinions contained. Reviews will not be edited for content. If your review is not approved within 48 hours, please consider rewriting it (and perhaps having someone beta read it for you) and submitting it again.

By submitting a review, you agree and grant permission for it to remain published here (nonexclusively). You also grant GateWorld nonexclusive rights to edit your review and republish it elsewhere on the site, with your byline intact (as provided in the body of your review, or if none, your GateWorld Forum username at the time of republishing). GateWorld's editors reserve the right to revise these guidelines in the future.

Thanks!

All reviews are the opinion of the author and not necessarily that of GateWorld.net and its owner.
    Last edited by GateWorld; 04 February 2021, 12:32 AM.

An average episode that failed to live up to expectations

The episode could have been great but plot flaws and glaring holes in the story truly let it down. The relative weakness of the Asgard is not only out of character with what Stargate SG1 has revealed about them, but also what the previous Atlantis episode did about these specific Asgard: passing through Atlantis's shield; personal shield technology and the bubble shield to go through the floor; all suggest a technological level that should have been able to defend itself from a Travellers ship. Moreover, the Asgard's reticence felt more like awkwardness for the sake of it, than coming from a strong philosphical background.

The survival of Zalenka and Sheppard was brushed off by the simple explanation that they jumped behind a wall in the conference room. Yet moments later we are supposed to believe the same destruction could kill millions.

Daniel Jackson's character wasn't used to its full potential. The man who saved Thor on several occasions and who befriended the Asgard nation was neither compelling nor forceful in his talks with the Lost Tribe leader.

The demotion of Teyla to, once again, `baby-sitter" of Atlantis was both annoying and unnecessary: apparently Sheppard required someone he trusted in charge of Atlantis, was she the only candidate? Moreover, the disappearance of Colonel Caldwell is a true mystery.

However, the episode was hardly all bad. Mckay was on form during this episode; his cameos with Jackson were well done and his usual pessimistic self shone through at times. The development of the Todd character was interesting too; not allowing feeding on the crew, and only deciding to kill them when he had no choice. Indeed, this continues from his dilemna of who would the Wraith be if they did not feed from the last episode and provided a great insight into his character.

An area of interesting speculation would be as to the likelihood that the alien race in the Daedalus Variations episode were these Asgard Lost Tribe in a parallel universe, having take a different development path.

Overall the episode was quite good: ship battles, cameos, and an end to the Keller/Ronan ship. However, it fell short of all it could have been. The writers seem to assume that Jackson, Todd, the Travellers and the return of the Asgard are enough to make a good episode and didn't try hard enough to amalgamate them into a plot worthy of their combined presence.
    The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
    The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
    Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
    Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Compared to the wonderful First Contact, The Lost Tribe was a dismal disappointment. Everything that had been set up in part one was made a mockery of in the second half. The banter between Daniel and McKay was well done and quite entertaining in part one, but it became moronic and irritating in the second half. Daniel was my favourite character in SG1 but he seemed just weirdly odd is the only way I can describe him in The Lost Tribe. McKay seemed to lose all his spark and the writers I think were going for the "funny" McKay but once again it failed miserably.

The episode started out good but quickly deteriorated into a commedy of errors.. If the story is weak then good characterization can still make an entertaining episode but in the Lost Tribe we got neither. One of the best scenes in the episode was in the first 10 minutes (no not shirtless Shep) but the Todd/Sheppard interaction. Todd as usual gave a first class performance and I loved the tension between him and John. They always play well off one another and it was probably the only scene where I actually felt an ounce of tension.

From here it went downhill. Teyla was conveniently told to stay behind (because the writers don't seem to have a clue what to do with her anymore) to look after Atlantis, um where was Lorne, doesn't Sheppard trust his second in command, a very lame and weak excuse to tuck Teyla away once more.

But Keller is the new Teyla and she ran around with a new hair style every few minutes showing us that she has more skills than just a mere doctor, at this rate she will be leading the team soon. But we needed Ronon/Kelller time for the big confession at the end, and to allow Ronon to do his cave man thing and blast everything in sight, eventhough he had no idea what he was blasting, but thankfully it all turned out well in the end, except it didnt do much for Ronon's character, was Sateda populated by mindless cavemen.

Meanwhile Rodney and Daniel continue with their plan to save milions (the millions they put in danger by activating the device). I can forgive them for activating it under fear of death or trying to save a colleague.. though one life against millions!!. I realise they didn't know exactly what would occur and what the nasty side effects would be.. but didnt Rodney learn anything from his last experiment with ancient technology and that activating any ancient device that the Ancients themselves abandoned would be VERY VERY BAD.

So this leads to Daniel getting on his high horse and making his impassioned speech to the Asgard, accusing them of being nasty little beings for wanting to save their entire race at the expense of millions of lives... um but didnt Daniel put millions of lives in danger by activating the device in the first place... just to save his and Rodney's lives. Not saying that the Asgard weren't nasty little aliens but at least they were trying to save their entire race!!

Back in the Pegasus Galaxy Sheppard is perplexed as to how he is going to peform his act of heroism in this weeks episode and how will be save Rodney and Danny!! yep he calls him Danny! and save everyone on the Deddy from being lunch for Todd and his merry men. Problem solved... The Travellers arrive in the nick of time, captained by another leather clad beautiful woman... considering they rarely see the light of day the Travellers all sport wonderful complexion. Sheppard's euphoria at having a ship to take him to save Rodney and Daniel is quickly quelled with the uncertaintly of whether Larrin has being thinking about him. But while pondering this very serious issue Sheppard manages to pull one of his wonderful breath taking manouvers and saves The Daedalus in the nick of time.

Marks had almost managed to override the encryption code but kept getting distracted by Kellers hair and her attempts of encouragement.. and at this point we wonder why it wasnt Caldwell who was standing behind Marks with nice litte encouraging words, at least his hair wouldnt have been so distracting. But Caldwell had mysteriously disappeared.. did one of Todd's merry men snack on him or did the writers just forget that the actor was not available for the second part of filming... tune in next week to find out..

Then we have the space battle. Asgard ships (same ships that penetrated Atlantis's shields and performed the mind blowing attack and kidnapping of Danny and Rodney but were turned into dust by the heap of metal tin cans put together by the Travellers. If the Travellers had arrived with their top warship that had ancient and various other top notch technologies then maybe I could have bought them defeating Asgard ships, but instead it was just another thing to add to the comedy of errors that was The Lost Tribe.

Poor Zelenka was left with the child chief engineer who had been an engineer since she was 4.. so 11 whole years... wow!! um Zelenka I would say is in his mid forties so therefore he most likely has about 25 years of experience but hey that's nothing to a child prodigy.. sigh !! Less of the Kaylee wannabees and more realism please.

Daniel and Rodney have now their opportunity to act all heroically.. so we won't think too badly of them for activating the device in the first place.... its highly unlikey they will survive.. nasty bolts of electricity that are flying around making us bite our nails in anticipation.... will their combined genius brains manage to deactivate the device without either of them getting zapped.. did we think for one moment that one of them wouldn't get zapped.

Then in true Rodney fashion, whilst faced with impending death, his or anyone elses., he becomes nice for a moment and tells Danny that he really does respect him. ahhh !! But darn the Deddy for breaking up such a heart felt moment and beaming them up where Danny gets to live as he is in the capable hands of Dr.Keller, who will have to throw away her PD90 and grab her surgical gown.. isn't she great .... thus sending Rodney back to his usual snarky and in this case rather nasty self.... again I think the writers were going with "funny" here but it didnt work for me at all.

So overall a big disppointment compared to First Contact. First Contact had good intelligent writing and solid performances and outstanding special effects. I was pretty much on the edge of my seat but The Lost Tribe left me mainly stunned. The writers tried for a more comedic feel but they crossed over into the absurd at times and the plot lost credibility. Too many cliches and shallow writing. It lacked the punch and realism of the first part, and the characterization was just off in too many instances. It had great potential and there were some moments that were enjoyable, but it really failed to live up to the quality of the first half..
      Last edited by bluealien; 12 October 2008, 02:37 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

This has to have been the shortest mid-season hiatus in years, which is probably a good thing. The mid-season cliffhanger was a great episode for the series, and if Sci-Fi Channel wants to have any credibility while claiming that this is the “greatest season of Stargate ever”, then they’ll need all the help and momentum they can get.

This was a good resolution, but I don’t think it was as impressive as it could have been. The intention was to set up another shift in the status quo for the Pegasus Galaxy, leaving plenty of room for future exploration, so a number of elements were left wide open. I wouldn’t say that it was sloppy, but with so little left to the series proper, it does increase the chances of major dangling plot threads.

I’m also not entirely sold on the revelation that the new galactic threat is an offshoot tribe of Asgard. They might as well have made them leftover warriors from the time of Anubis. I’m not sure what to make of this particular turn of events; perhaps they were sorry about the decision to wipe out the Asgard in the series finale for “SG-1”. Whatever the case, this left me underwhelmed, It was hard enough to take the Asgard seriously when they were allies. Who can argue that the enemy from “The Daedalus Variations” wouldn’t have been a better choice?

Also, more time could and should have been spent on Todd and the philosophical struggles over the future of the alliance. Todd seems to have believed John regarding the presence of a new enemy, thus letting Team Atlantis off the hook, but as edited, the episode left his intentions and thoughts a bit remote. The implications for the alliance were rather grim after the previous episode, especially any chance of Dr. Keller’s treatment seeing the light of day, so it would have been nice to see that explored.

On the other hand, how could they hope to resolve the mid-season cliffhanger, if they had kept those philosophical concerns intact? Even the restoration of the Atlantis stargate was dealt with in passing. Oddly, Sheppard’s semi-relationship with the Travelers saw more screen time than, say, what Ronon was doing for the second half of the episode. There was simply too much to cover in a single episode.

In the end, was this a bad episode? Not at all. But I think the loose ends are more glaring in the light of the series cancellation. It’s felt like the past few seasons have often squandered opportunity, and I don’t want to see the final season fall into the same unfortunate pattern.

John Keegan
        Reprinted with permission
        Original source: c. Critical Myth, 2008
        All rights reserved
        Link: http://www.criticalmyth.com

Comment

The question after First Contact was whether The Lost Tribe would provide a satisfying conclusion to the two-part story. The answer to that question is not at all simple. On one hand, the answer is yes as it successfully entertains and answers the questions raised by the first part. It provides action and danger galore that grabs the viewer and rushes them through to the end. However, on the other hand, the answer is no as The Lost Tribe serves to highlight the underlying issue: the whole story just doesn’t work.

On paper, the main plot sounds fantastic; Daniel discovering a secret lab which leads to the entire galaxy being placed in danger from a new enemy who, in an unexpected twist, turn out to be an old ally. It feels like a classic Daniel story and plays to the strengths of the known character: exploration, new aliens, risking his life to save millions. Intrinsically, there is little wrong with the concept of the main plot. For me, where the story begins to unravel is in the scale of the issues facing the team, trying to marry a classic Daniel story with the Stargate Atlantis arcs and in how the Stargate Atlantis cast of characters are used.

From a character perspective, I remain unconvinced that the teaming of Daniel and McKay was the best combination. While the funniest part of the story was McKay and Daniel coming across the empty suits with McKay’s incoherent babbling, and Michael Shanks and David Hewlett do their best, the chemistry and the material just doesn’t work for me. I don’t think it helped that many of their exchanges were primarily used for exposition but there is no real dislike or conflict between the characters merely irritation and this isn’t enough to contrast with the suggested growth of professional respect. Perhaps if they had played this as McKay trying to impress Daniel, maybe on the pretext of proving he’s as good as Samantha Carter, this may have been believable but the suggestion, especially with the whole thank you over the respect comment in the last scene, is that Daniel wanted in some way to gain respect from McKay and this just doesn’t ring true.

In isolating Daniel and McKay in one part of the plot, the audience is also subjected to scenes where they have to work out what the audience already knows such as an early scene in The Lost Tribe where McKay recaps the issue with the weapon is that it blows up Stargates. It’s repetitive and boring. Equally, there are times when the other characters work out what McKay and Daniel have discovered such as in Todd’s explanation of the Attero device to Sheppard – at least this scene moved the story forward with Sheppard providing Todd with the coordinates to the device.

Unfortunately, for me, I think Todd taking over the Daedalus was giving the characters a challenge too far. They were already faced with having to deal with an exploding Stargate, missing team-mates, and an unknown formidable enemy. Todd taking over the Daedalus and removing their one available means of transport just over-complicates things although on its own, the idea (Todd feeling betrayed and taking the Daedalus) had merit as a story which could have stood alone rather than just as a mere sub-plot. I think in part the whole issue arises out of trying to continue within this sub-plot, the arcs introduced in the preceding episodes The Queen and Tracker. While I applaud the attempt to continue the arcs, and I even appreciate Ronon getting to be the hero and saving the day, and Todd moving back to murkier ground as enemy or ally, the whole sub-plot forces Sheppard to find another way to the planet.

Enter the Travellers. This whole segment just doesn’t fit because after the initial moment where the captain explains their Stargate blew up killing thousands of people in their first colony that massive loss seems completely forgotten with the light-hearted approach taken to the rest of this Travellers thread (the child-engineer and Sheppard’s continual mention of Larrin). The space battle with the Asgards is exciting and the effects spectacular and Sheppard’s plan to save the Daedalus is well executed (more great effects) but there is the small problem that the Asgard suddenly seem to be easily defeated by a technologically inferior ship and in the Daedalus scenes that Caldwell is mysteriously AWOL.

With Sheppard in one sub-plot, Ronon in another, and McKay locked away with Daniel in the main plot, there is also little sense of team. What there is comes in the early scenes as Teyla searches for Sheppard in the wreckage of the tower. Rachel Luttrell gives a great performance as she initially calls desperately for him on the radio, through the search and the subsequent scenes. It is a huge disappointment that her contribution to the episode ends as Sheppard leaves her in charge as he goes off with Zelenka (and let’s ignore the suspension of disbelief that has to happen to accept that both survived the Stargate blowing up without serious injury). Why Teyla as a character wasn’t on the Daedalus given the events of The Queen and was left behind in the first place is odd as it would have allowed the character to have really taken part in the story.

There are great moments in The Lost Tribe and it certainly answers the questions posed in First Contact on who the aliens were and what they wanted. The revelation of the Asgard is well done, their back-story and philosophy well thought out – I loved the hint of the Fifth Race theme as the Asgard stepped out of the suit. And I do think that it was entirely appropriate that an SG1 character be the first to make contact with them in many respects. However, given that the Replicators were already transplanted from SG1 to Atlantis as enemies, I can appreciate that a completely new enemy might have been more welcomed by some fans.

Ultimately, The Lost Tribe is a solid episode with some great special effects, action and excitement. It does complete the story begun in First Contact and is definitely more engaging than the beginning. I did enjoy it on an entertainment level but I expect more and although the story gets from A to B, it’s character combinations have little chemistry, it’s too overly complicated, loses focus on the Atlantis team, and for me just doesn’t work.
          Last edited by Rachel500; 02 November 2008, 04:42 AM.
          sigpic
          Women of the Gate LJ Community.
          My Stargate Fanfiction. My LiveJournal.

Comment

“The Lost Tribe” was a very good episode that should have been better. The episode was enjoyable and had one huge surprising payoff, but on a whole the episode lacked the tension, drama and satisfying story that was anticipated. The problem with this episode is that the plot setup from part 1, “First Contact” set the bar high for what promised to be an exciting and significant finish but instead ended up being an episode with one too many convenient and less than dramatic plot resolutions.

The one big surprise was the reveal of the renegade Asgard. This new version of the Asgard offers some intriguing possibilities for future stories and again adds to the mythology and mystery of the Pegasus Galaxy. The writers did a good job picking up this storyline from SG-1. The fact that the Milky Way Asgard had the same, if not better, technology for traveling between Universes as the Ancients, it stands to reason that there was always a possibility that Asgard could have been to the Pegasus Galaxy at some point. The fact that they were a darker, less technologically advanced version of them gave them the potential of being even more interesting that their Milky Way ancestors. It is an intriguing twist on an old ally.

The Rodney – Daniel banter was again the highlight of the episode. It was interesting to see Daniel play off another Stargate character other than his usual SG-1 team, and it really offered the opportunity of seeing the character from a different perspective. Often a character is defined by his interactions, conversations, etc with other characters – take the usual cast of characters away and the person seems different – but it also gives the writers a chance to explore other aspects of the character.

Another highlight of the episode was Radek and his scenes with the 15 year old girl engineer prodigy. It was the classic scenario of the mature, highly educated, cautious scientist vs. the cocky, learn by experimenting, go by seat of your pants teenager. It was a fun and interesting characterization between the two. David Nykl did a great job as did the young actress, Claire Robertson, who played the girl engineer.

Sheppard again got to be the infallible super hero. The fact that he was able to pilot the ship and use its weapons systems so easily was way too convenient and thus a bit over the top but at least this has been a consistent theme for his character. The constant questioning on his part if Larrin ever talked about him did seem a bit forced, or at least out of place in some scenes, it could have been toned down a bit.

The episode also opened up some intriguing questions and possibilities for the future. With Todd believing he was betrayed by Sheppard and the rest of Atlantis, what will come of this tenuous alliance between them; will this be resolves or will he be an enemy of Atlantis. Hopefully this plotline will be addressed again before the series conclusion. Also, the resolution of the Rodney-Ronon-Keller triangle was revealed. Actually this was well done; it wasn’t the focus of the episode and in hindsight one could see parts of the episode that Keller was less than enthralled with Ronon, so the ending was not unexpected.

A nagging question from this episode is where was Caldwell? He was in full command the first episode and not even seen or mentioned in this episode and it is a glaring omission and a distraction. The lack of his presence needed to be addressed in some way.

So while “The Lost Tribe” was a very good, enjoyable episode that effectively utilized storylines unique to Atlantis as well as reintroducing an old ally as a new adversary, it still failed to live up to the expectations and promise of “First Contact” – and that was most disappointing.

Comment

The Lost Tribe

So... The second part, that usually means a lot of things; payoff, action, usually being better than the first part and hopefully this should be better than the first part, I mean traditions can't be wrong right?

Unfortunately traditions were wrong, but this is better than the first part.

This episode continues what the first part established, which is action in your face, stupid character moments and the almost unnatural nature of the plot. You can almost tell from the start which starts off with the "epic" cliffhanger that is the Stargate exploding, how does the reveal go about? well Sheppard survives as usual and they manage to get a secondary control room up; while it does show the tensity and urgency that two-parters are known for, it also shows how ultimately unessential these moments are as they don't show any longstanding consequences, it's just focus on the damage for a little bit, set up another control room and then let the main plot take over. That moment sets up the episodes ultimate undoing which is a lack of serious weight for the situation where Stargates are exploding, and millions of people are at risk. No character sell the sense that there's a deadly threat out there that needs to be stopped at all cost with their usual dialog that's filled with action theatrics and usual mannerisms, the presentation doesn't suggest the world ending as much as it does the usual and expected. When the human race is at stake, I want to feel it, I don't want to feel like I'm watching something where that only serves as the basis for our characters to do action things, I want to feel as if the weight of the world is in my hands. Unfortunately, the writers have basically forgotten about that leaving us to watch as our heroes conveniently get a hyperdrive ship by a group of people who could of been replaced by anyone and get themselves into space battles while ignoring the logistics of the plots.

Fun times at Atlantis.

Obviously they're trying to get the epicness in there; you have the characters rising up, you have the small bits of unique comedic interaction, you have action that pushes the characters into near impossible predicaments where they're pushed to their limits and you even have the shocking reveals but this feels forced compared to before. Sheppard plays the role of someone who leads his crew while getting the chance to pilot a ship, Zelenka plays the role of a scientist who worries a bit too much and Ronan plays the gung-ho wraith eliminator character with some empathy but there wasn't any time where I was witnessing something special, it's as if they were acting as if this were a regular episode and that is disappointing because even though they step up to the plate at times, it shows apathy and that dilutes the "epicness" of this episode. The action pieces throughout are decently executed but are almost sterile with their presentation; Ronan and Keller aboard the Daedalus does seem almost exciting, especially with Keller who's sense of worry, sense of intelligence and parallels helps to make the better moments of the episode but it seemed as if I were watching "Midway (Part 2)"; there's no risk to him at all which leaves his character feeling a bit empty, this leaves us with the excitement of him taking back the ship but even that is diluted. Same goes to the space battles; this feels as if the VFX guys were showing off their skills, trying to make a sequence that seemed cool and exciting at the same time, because of that they lack bite and impact; seeming like the type of stuff you get in a Star Wars prequel instead of an edge of your seat space battle

There are attempts to seem menacing but they're derailed almost instantly, Todd almost redeems himself seeming better as he focuses on destroying the device and being sinister at that but that is ruined by the sheer stupidity he shows in the beginning. It seems like Todd couldn't recognize anything from the other side whether it's vocal inflictions or facial looks as he continued talking as if they were invisible; I understand what he's going through but he has been in conversations before, he knows emotion and that completely undermines his character. The same could also be said for the characters who act as if his intentions are world-ending; they don't get a chance to try to get a common ground, acting as if this were an enemy which they had just recently met. Again, I understand I believe that there had to be someone out there with a bit of compassion or at least a cardboard sign. The alien race is revealed in both their appearances and their intentions, they do have some sort of moral questionability and their appearance is somewhat of a shock but their appearances feel like copouts and their implications don't pan out. Daniel Jackson appears for the revelation and as he converses with the leader of the race, it is shown to be needless exposition (mostly history of their race) with the whole "what you're doing is wrong and objectionable" and "we understand the loss but we need to survive, we're a race". Daniel Jackson suffers the most here, he has 10 years of SG1 expertise and he can't seem to explain the bond between them, the various reasons why they did what they did and the fact that their technology has helped them to grow? He could of made the race more than just another enemy for Atlantis.

Well, it has nice posing...

Speaking of Daniel, their plot is as weak as ever with the added plus of them getting into an adventure which seems boring and uneventful. Daniel does act a bit better, at least attempting to form some form of chemistry but he still remains a jerk though acting negatively towards McKay (who is the better character in this pair), talking in a moaning voice, taking ever opportunity to put him down and even being more hard to deal with than McKay; in fact I didn't care when Daniel was shocked by the lightning, frankly he deserved it after what he did with McKay and that shouldn't happen with Daniel Jackson at all, ever. In the end they saved the day but in doing so they made one thing clear, the mighty have fallen. While this second part is better than the first part, it exhibits many of the same flaws; everything here screams Stargate but it feels like it's produced by a bunch of guys who just watched Stargate for the first time and thought this is what Stargate consists of. There is nothing here that'll have an impact both series wise and entertainment wise, you can watch it and try to feel something but you'll just be feeling empty inside. Simply put, a two-parter at it's worst.

4.0/10
              Back from the grave.

Comment

Working...
              X