This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Galaxies

I was just wondering what type of galaxies people hope to see in SGU? So far we've had the Milkyway, which was oppressed by the goa'uld for thousands of years, Pegasus, which was oppressed by the Wraith for thousands of years, The Ori galaxy, which was oppressed by the Ori for an untold number of years and the Asgard galaxy. I'm a little tired with the trend of opressed galaxies, I'd like to see some with several major powers in control, maybe one where all the different races are united or maybe even a galaxy that is totally at war. I just hope the show doesn't follow this trend of having 1 major advanced race ruling over the simpler races.

A galaxy without humans.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

One advanced species does make sense. Until someone is able to knock the school yard bully down, he's king, 'cos he was there first.
      I am both Pro-Keller and Pro-Beckett. No amount of Hail Mary's will save my soul from hell.

Comment

Ehhh.... not really. I'd say it's more likely that there'd be either a bilateral or multilateral balance of power.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

But you know if there is an alliance of super powers, there will be a revolt / fight right as we pass threw and if there is one super power they will be out of power by the time we are done.

Comment

What if there were a group of great , benevolent races that controlled a galaxy cluster similar to the Ancient/Asgard/Furling/Nox alliance in MW, Ida, and wherever the Furlings were from.

Perfecto!

Comment

A galaxy where Muppets are the rulers, abusive rulers, who kill for pleasure
              Meh.

Comment

I could imagine a scene, where they arrive to an Ancient map room and they activate a hologram projector, which will show so many galaxies near the Milky Way. If you remember the Torment of Tantalus episode, I loved when the alien texts began to shine. A similar scene would be so cool, because the viewer could feel the "new playing ground".
                "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Insipid View Post
                  One advanced species does make sense. Until someone is able to knock the school yard bully down, he's king, 'cos he was there first.
                  Why does this one advanced species have to be a school yard bully? Advanced doesn't just mean having super-duper technology. It can also mean evolving out of aggression etc.so a species could be benevolent and peaceful as well as having super-duper technology.

Originally posted by Major_Griff
                  What if there were a group of great , benevolent races that controlled a galaxy cluster similar to the Ancient/Asgard/Furling/Nox alliance in MW, Ida, and wherever the Furlings were from.
                  That would make a really nice change. Maybe the action adventuring could be the result of not all species in this galaxy cluster being advanced. Some could still be primitive and aggressive.
                  sigpic

Comment

I wouldnt mind seeing a galaxy where there are two major races fighting for domination over dwindling resources and they see the Destiny as the ticket through which they can get new resources to finish the war and survive.

'Hallowed are the children of the Ori. CROWD: Hallowed are we. Hallowed are the Ori.' -

'Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished' -

Contribute to the Stargate Wiki a source for any information on the Stargate universe from the books, RPG to games and comics.

Comment

Originally posted by kirmit View Post
                      I was just wondering what type of galaxies people hope to see in SGU? So far we've had the Milkyway, which was oppressed by the goa'uld for thousands of years, Pegasus, which was oppressed by the Wraith for thousands of years, The Ori galaxy, which was oppressed by the Ori for an untold number of years and the Asgard galaxy. I'm a little tired with the trend of opressed galaxies, I'd like to see some with several major powers in control, maybe one where all the different races are united or maybe even a galaxy that is totally at war. I just hope the show doesn't follow this trend of having 1 major advanced race ruling over the simpler races.
                      i agree. i would also like to see a galaxy at war between a couple of major powers.
                      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
                        i agree. i would also like to see a galaxy at war between a couple of major powers.
                        Yes a few major powers that are realitivly advanced and fighting for control of the galaxy whould make for an interesting story. Being the "meddeling" outsiders we are, we would be hated by most of these powers and that could make for an interesting set of enemys.

Comment

Originally posted by Ackeb View Post
                          Yes a few major powers that are realitivly advanced and fighting for control of the galaxy whould make for an interesting story.
                          Being the "meddeling" outsiders we are, we would be hated by most of these powers and that could make for an interesting set of enemys.
                          How much deliberate meddling could the Earth humans do when -

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/0...has_a_go.shtml

1: the crew is unable to control the ship's navigational schedule
                          2: If someone is left behind, there is no way to go back for them,

"The Destiny's weapons are powerful enough to eliminate the Sqyrmph's research base. The only flaw in this plan is that we can't make the ship go there."

"It will take seven days to carry out this mission. Going by my calculations the Destiny is due to move on in two days."

The Destiny crew could annoy these powers by accident but unless the ship is invincible a fleet of warships sent out by these advanced enemies will blow our heroes up.
                          Last edited by ciannwn; 06 September 2008, 02:05 AM.
                          sigpic

Comment

I really hope we will see a galaxy in full scale war, like two or three races fighting with each other.
                            sigpic

Comment

Honestly, I've always wonder why no Stargate series has ever gone to the Andromeda Galaxy (the show called Andromeda aside). Maybe I just answered my own question.

Comment

Working...
                              X