X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uniform

I couldn't find a topic about this.

What will their uniforms look like? Cause they're supposed to be caught off guard kinda right? So wouldn't their uniforms be one of the two. And what about the team badges?

'happiness is a warm gun' sig made by Bandcat
    Draco sig made by Spork67

if the show is supposed to appeal to a younger audience

this
    Last edited by Pharaoh Atem; 20 September 2008, 09:32 AM.
    https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I'm hoping we go for traditional military uniform.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
        I'm hoping we go for traditional military uniform.
        Same here. I never really liked Atlantis uniforms (well the new black ones were OK). They looked too "treky".

Comment

Originally posted by Darien View Post
          Same here. I never really liked Atlantis uniforms (well the new black ones were OK). They looked too "treky".
          Well since they are Trapped in another Galaxy, and I bout they brought loads of spare cloths with them. I hope they steal some Uniforms from the enemies and other Aliens in the galaxy (clearly the Humanoid Aliens that is). This could lead to an interesting mix of Uniforms and help give the show a distinct look.
          sigpic
          Banner Made By Me for Me
          The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

I'm sure they'll plan for a one way trip, just like the Atlantis expedition and will have uniforms.

Comment

I'm not even sure WHY the atlantis exped needed specific uniforms.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jrd231 View Post
                I'm sure they'll plan for a one way trip, just like the Atlantis expedition and will have uniforms.
                Well if you was trapped on a spaceship in another Galaxy would you wear the same old boring Uniform everyday or wear the cool new Alien body Armour and cloths you found?

I would wear the Alien kit.
                sigpic
                Banner Made By Me for Me
                The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                  Well if you was trapped on a spaceship in another Galaxy would you wear the same old boring Uniform everyday or wear the cool new Alien body Armour and cloths you found?

I would wear the Alien kit.
                  I'd stick with my Air Force uniform.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by MechaThor View Post
                    I hope they steal some Uniforms from the enemies and other Aliens in the galaxy (clearly the Humanoid Aliens that is). This could lead to an interesting mix of Uniforms and help give the show a distinct look.
                    The Asgard were humanoid. A uniform which would fit an Asgard wouldn't fit an adult human.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Humanoid

Usually, a fictional humanoid species has the same basic body outline as a human, being bipedal with hands which include fingers and opposable thumbs, but differs in details such as number of digits, coloring, ear form, presence of hair, average height and weight, size of nose, form of skin, "extras" such as horns, plates, claws, tails or multiple appendages, limb structure (such as having digitigrade legs) and taxonomic lineage (being descended from reptiles, fish, rodents, marsupials, or a phylum not evolved on Earth, perhaps, instead of primates). Reptilian humanoids are a common concept.

A uniform designed for an 8 foot tall creature with a tail would need a lot of alteration. If SGU has some imaginative humanoid alien species the Destiny crew could have problems finding something to wear.
                    sigpic

Comment

They used more civilian uniforms for atlantis because it was designed to be a scientific expedition in the first place.

Wether the new uiform will have a military or "civilian" look will depend on who is in charge of the universe team.

Comment

If they wanted the civilian look, they should have just not used uniforms at all.

Comment

Originally posted by jenks View Post
                          If they wanted the civilian look, they should have just not used uniforms at all.
                          I agree. I mean sure, a lot of civvy institutes have have uniforms as well, but there was no need for something like that. Just seems like a not of uncessecary cost.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

I don't know i think uniforms give the show sci-fi flair. It would enrage me seeing McKay in Leather Jacket all the time^^

Comment

Originally posted by EvilSokar View Post
                              I don't know i think uniforms give the show sci-fi flair. It would enrage me seeing McKay in Leather Jacket all the time^^
                              Then they should be in coveralls like on the Midway station. Sensible uniform that makes sense. Besides, McKay never wore uniform on Earth.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X