This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SGU _ Going too far!!!!

One of the major problems i have with SGU is that it's too big in scope, Humans going to another galaxy was a stretch, but in Atlantis they did their best to make it beleiveable. Now the actual chances of there being other humans in another galaxy are remote at best, but now presumably we'll discover humans throughout the universe???

Come on guys, and what's the bet most of them will be at a medieval or bronze age level of development, if i see that all in the first ep of SGU i think i'll just laugh!!!

thoughts? comments?

it's another star trek knock off...like galaxy quest...which was funnier.
    Grammar, Logic, Rhetoric.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck32 View Post
      but in Atlantis they did their best to make it beleiveable.
      No. They didn't do their best to make it believable at all. In fact, SGA was so stupidly unbelievable that I stopped watching. I'm hoping they'll try this time since they've been given another chance.
      I write articles/features/reviews for I'm With Geek.com now. Check out our stuff if you get a minute!

sigpic
      Click on sig to check out my fanfic gallery too!

Comment

I want to see ALIENS
        sigpic

Comment

One of the major problems i have with SGU is that it's too big in scope, Humans going to another galaxy was a stretch, but in Atlantis they did their best to make it beleiveable. Now the actual chances of there being other humans in another galaxy are remote at best, but now presumably we'll discover humans throughout the universe???

Come on guys, and what's the bet most of them will be at a medieval or bronze age level of development, if i see that all in the first ep of SGU i think i'll just laugh!!!

thoughts? comments?
          didn't the ancient seed galaxies with humans???
          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
            I guess we'll find out soon.
            sigpic
            MS - "Boy, wow that's a great question!"
            "...phu...ah..."
            "Anyone know what SENTIENT means???"
            Sunday is my favorite day for two reasons - Football and The Walking Dead

Comment

Originally posted by the fifth man View Post
              I guess we'll find out soon.

"waits"
              https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

I believe it was stargates, but putting their own kind in every corner of the universe they go is a bit playing God.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Atem View Post
                  According to the SGU description the Ancients sent a Stargate seeding ship to other galaxies but abandoned their plan to send a second, exploration ship. This suggests that the Ancients didn't get to these other galaxies in person. If the Destiny crew finds planets occupied by humans and Earthlike vegetation it means that the seeding ship it a remarkable bit of technology. It would be adapting planets for Earthlike vegetation and then seeding the vegetation along with humans before planting a Stargate and moving on elsewhere.
                  sigpic

Comment

Honestly though, what do we expect? How are the writers/producers supposed to come up with the imagination power required to think up a new race every week, especially when they have shown a fairly low level of original ideas over the past few years...
                    Meh.

Comment

they arent going too far. with our hyperdrives, the entire local CLUSTER [a cluster of galactic clusters] has opened up to us, we can reach every galaxy in it in about a year

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        they arent going too far. with our hyperdrives, the entire local CLUSTER [a cluster of galactic clusters] has opened up to us, we can reach every galaxy in it in about a year
                        lol

Comment

its true. intergalactic, our hyperdrives go 3-4 lightyears a second. meaning the nearest star system is available in less than a second. pegasus is in the outer edge of the local group[galactic cluster]. the nearest galaxy is less than 1 mil. lightyears away. the centre of the local cluster is 30m lightyears away[so 180days. half a year]

Comment

Originally posted by Jackie View Post
                            it's another star trek knock off...like galaxy quest...which was funnier.
                            yep... people in space was invented by star trek.

BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

thoughts? comments?
                              I has worried about the fact that Universe may have Humans living on Planets where their should not be. However I am hoping Universe will turn Stargate into a more Farscape like show, with new Aliens every week and any Human like ones actually explained as being of a similar evolution. Atlantis showed that Stargate can make Alien like creatures on a weekly basis, so why not take it one step further?

Stargate Needs more Aliens, which I really hope Universe will bring. Infact a truly Alien main cast member would be great!
                              sigpic
                              Banner Made By Me for Me
                              The Red Team proudly supports Stargate: Universe, Suck it Blue

Comment

Working...
                              X