This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sgu character

if there is already a thread about this just direct me to it because everytime i do a search it brings back half the forum. well any way here goes.

in sgu, what kind of super smart makay-carter type person do you want to have? i mean in sg1 there is carter who is a soilder and a scientist but who also is a woman. in atlantis you have makay who is just a scientist not a soilder but is very egotistical and has that im-way-smarter than-you-and-i-want-you-to-know-it feeling about him. would you want another carter or makay or would you like to mix it up and have a male carter type or a female makay type? or would you want something completely different, in which case please describe your choice.

personally i want a male carter type. i think it would add a new, cool feeling to the show.
    STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Originally posted by stargater1990 View Post
    if there is already a thread about this just direct me to it because everytime i do a search it brings back half the forum. well any way here goes.

in sgu, what kind of super smart makay-carter type person do you want to have? i mean in sg1 there is carter who is a soilder and a scientist but who also is a woman. in atlantis you have makay who is just a scientist not a soilder but is very egotistical and has that im-way-smarter than-you-and-i-want-you-to-know-it feeling about him. would you want another carter or makay or would you like to mix it up and have a male carter type or a female makay type? or would you want something completely different, in which case please describe your choice.

personally i want a male carter type. i think it would add a new, cool feeling to the show.
    A young hot "edgy" chick with a high sex drive.

Oh wait.. thats what TPTB think we want... sorry.
    BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Since i don'twant SGU at all ,as they're presenting it,and if there isn't anything that could be done to keep Atlantis,iwould prefer a show with Mckay-Carter-O'neill-Sheppard-Zelenka - Keller and Woolsey in it. How about it?
      Spoiler:
      APOLLONIUS OF TYANA
      (YEAR 0 - 100)
      "O thou Sun,
      send me as far over the earth
      as is my pleasure and thine,
      and may I make the acquaintance of good men,
      but never hear anything of bad ones,
      nor they of me."

sigpic

Comment

please keep your posts on topic. thanks.
        STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

Male Carter. But more military oriented.

Less technobabble too, but still enough to have actual science-elements to the show.

Russian, perhaps?

Or a British SAS/ engineer type.

Comment

I think a female version of McKay would be very funny.

Comment

I actually want it to be an alien scientist this time, perhaps a monogender (played by a female though, otherwise it's just gonna be really weird.)

Comment

I say have the techno-geek be Jonas He's really smart, and quick study (so he loves to tell everyone), but he usually doesn't go into all that techno-babble. Not to mention he has the ancient gene, and is a pretty good translator. I bet he could pick up ancient pretty quickly. We already know he can handle a gun pretty well, but he's more a scientist then soldier. I think he's sort of a cross between McKay and Carter, which is something I think would work. Even if it's not Jonas I'd like it to be someone who's sort of a mix of both characters. And not a soldier, we have enough soldiers already.

Comment

Originally posted by MyStargateLife View Post
                  I say have the techno-geek be Jonas He's really smart, and quick study (so he loves to tell everyone), but he usually doesn't go into all that techno-babble. Not to mention he has the ancient gene, and is a pretty good translator. I bet he could pick up ancient pretty quickly. We already know he can handle a gun pretty well, but he's more a scientist then soldier. I think he's sort of a cross between McKay and Carter, which is something I think would work. Even if it's not Jonas I'd like it to be someone who's sort of a mix of both characters. And not a soldier, we have enough soldiers already.

when was that mentioned? just curious.
                  STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

when was that mentioned? just curious.
                    It wasn't actually stated, I guess technically it's only speculation, but it's very probable. The main indication being in 'Sight Unseen.' When they found the ancient device that allowed them to see those bug creatures from the other dimension, Jonas said it activated when he touched it. Ancient devices are activated when someone with the gene touches them. That, for me, showed that Jonas had the ancient gene. And Jonas was originally going to be on Stargate Atlantis (when the idea for the spin off was originally conceived) so it makes since that they would want to establish that he has the ancient gene.

Comment

Originally posted by MyStargateLife View Post
                      It wasn't actually stated, I guess technically it's only speculation, but it's very probable. The main indication being in 'Sight Unseen.' When they found the ancient device that allowed them to see those bug creatures from the other dimension, Jonas said it activated when he touched it. Ancient devices are activated when someone with the gene touches them. That, for me, showed that Jonas had the ancient gene. And Jonas was originally going to be on Stargate Atlantis (when the idea for the spin off was originally conceived) so it makes since that they would want to establish that he has the ancient gene.
                      i guess its a possibilty.
                      STARGATE ROCKS

THERE IS NO BETTER SHOW

Comment

i guess its a possibilty.
                        Plus, when Nirrti had Jonas in that Ancient DNA machine, didn't she say something about him being more advanced (closer to having "advanced" powers) than most humans?

This took place before she had O'Neill in the machine, so -- if Jonas DID have the Ancient gene -- Nirrti wouldn't have known that O'Neill had it too. It's just speculation, but it makes sense.
                        Coming soon to Syfy and DVD... hopefully!

Comment

My guess? Their male scientist type gets killed in the pilot ep, which is one of the reasons they run into Difficulties with the ship- the one guy who might have been able to figure something out isn't there to help them. He'll be replaced by a hot alien chick who will either be a repressed Vulcan type or a sex-oriented Vala type and she'll act as the main love interest for the lead male.

Or maybe they'll pull an Andromeda and she'll be a hologram. But a "fully interactive" one, of course.

Comment

A Robot.

jk

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flying Officer Bennett View Post
                              A Robot.
                              OMG!! ur riping off BSG!!!1111!

I wouldn't discount that idea, though. It's probably time the replicators were brought onboard permanently.

Comment

Working...
                              X