Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are you excited about Stargate Universe?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you excited about Stargate Universe?

Just visited MGM's official website. Their latest poll is "Are you excited about Stargate Universe?"

The current results: No. - 85% YES! - 13% What's Stargate Universe? - 2%

Edit: Just thought I'd add although I'm curious no information has been dished out yet that has gotten me excited.
    Last edited by Infinatus; 03 September 2008, 09:07 AM.

Yes

Perfecto!

Comment

if the important people have seen this they are probably so pissed/stressed/"insert adjective"
      ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Err... Well... Would not use the word excited. How'bout curious?
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
          if the important people have seen this they are probably so pissed/stressed/"insert adjective"
          Doubtful.

Comment

i don't know if ppl would hate my 'project' before it's even started i wouldn't be too relaxed
            ...science/physics/universe can't tell good from bad, which means that both concepts are abstract and don't matter... don't be afraid of acting on this knowledge...

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
              that sum's up my feelings, i want SGU be good, and if it is isn't i feel it could kill the franchise. god i hope it's good.

no, but i am looking forward to it starteded and am glad we are getting it next year.
              People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint... it happens to kinda look like the name 'Jeremy Bearimy' in cursive English.

Comment

If they were relying on the existing fan base to keep the new show afloat then they might be concerned, but chances are they're not.

Comment

^^We already know they are trying to draw a slightly younger audience, but I expect they will mnage to keep quite a good chunk of the current fandom too. And by slightly younger audience that does not mean hiring 16 year old actors, as much as some p***** off people would like to make out it does.

To answer the original question- yes. Very much so.

Comment

Actually...yes. But it depends heavily on the cast. I want edgy characters...

Comment

I'm Cautiously Pessimistic
                      BSG (Drama/Soap Opera)

Soap Opera: The main characteristics that define soap operas are "an emphasis on family life, personal relationships, sexual dramas, emotional and moral conflicts; some coverage of topical issues; set in familiar domestic interiors with only occasional excursions into new locations

Drama: A drama film is a film genre that depends mostly on in-depth development of realistic characters dealing with emotional themes

SG1/SGA are not Drama/Soap although some elements are touched on to add depth to these action/adventure series. If you want to see a show focused on Soap/Drama go watch BSG or Days of our Lives.

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                        I'd have to say i feel the same... I'll be sure to give it chance though and not hate it before its even started casting (has it?)

Comment

i am i like the idea of the crew being far from home and having to rely on themselves

exactly on what sga should have been
                          https://twitter.com/#!/Solar_wind84

Comment

Originally posted by NIMBUS View Post
                            i don't know if ppl would hate my 'project' before it's even started i wouldn't be too relaxed
                            I'm certainly not excited (and I voted accordingly), but I don't hate it either. I'm just as indifferent to it as to any other show out there, except SGA. So far, the few spoilers we have sound bad to me, but it's hardly a definite opinion, considering how little we know.
                            My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                            Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                            sigpic

Comment

Yes. I'm excited.

I'm also glad it will start up next year.
                              sigpic
                              FOX Network

Comment

Working...
                              X