PDA

View Full Version : Are you excited about Stargate Universe?

Infinatus
September 3rd, 2008, 08:15 AM
Just visited MGM's official website. Their latest poll is "Are you excited about Stargate Universe?"

The current results: No. - 85% YES! - 13% What's Stargate Universe? - 2%

Edit: Just thought I'd add although I'm curious no information has been dished out yet that has gotten me excited.

Major_Griff
September 3rd, 2008, 08:15 AM
Yes

NIMBUS
September 3rd, 2008, 08:22 AM
if the important people have seen this they are probably so pissed/stressed/"insert adjective"

pjt
September 3rd, 2008, 08:22 AM
Err... Well... Would not use the word excited. How'bout curious? ;)

jenks
September 3rd, 2008, 08:25 AM
if the important people have seen this they are probably so pissed/stressed/"insert adjective"

Doubtful.

NIMBUS
September 3rd, 2008, 08:28 AM
i don't know if ppl would hate my 'project' before it's even started i wouldn't be too relaxed

stargatefan234
September 3rd, 2008, 08:33 AM

that sum's up my feelings, i want SGU be good, and if it is isn't i feel it could kill the franchise. god i hope it's good.

no, but i am looking forward to it starteded and am glad we are getting it next year.

jenks
September 3rd, 2008, 08:33 AM
If they were relying on the existing fan base to keep the new show afloat then they might be concerned, but chances are they're not.

SGFerrit
September 3rd, 2008, 08:38 AM
^^We already know they are trying to draw a slightly younger audience, but I expect they will mnage to keep quite a good chunk of the current fandom too. And by slightly younger audience that does not mean hiring 16 year old actors, as much as some p***** off people would like to make out it does.

To answer the original question- yes. Very much so.

EvilSokar
September 3rd, 2008, 08:39 AM
Actually...yes. But it depends heavily on the cast. I want edgy characters...

Bytor
September 3rd, 2008, 09:13 AM
I'm Cautiously Pessimistic

jollyrogue
September 3rd, 2008, 09:35 AM

I'd have to say i feel the same... I'll be sure to give it chance though and not hate it before its even started casting (has it?)

Pharaoh Atem
September 3rd, 2008, 09:41 AM
i am i like the idea of the crew being far from home and having to rely on themselves

exactly on what sga should have been

Laura Dove
September 3rd, 2008, 09:57 AM
i don't know if ppl would hate my 'project' before it's even started i wouldn't be too relaxed

I'm certainly not excited (and I voted accordingly), but I don't hate it either. I'm just as indifferent to it as to any other show out there, except SGA. So far, the few spoilers we have sound bad to me, but it's hardly a definite opinion, considering how little we know.

Pepermint Jaffa
September 3rd, 2008, 10:27 AM
Yes. I'm excited.

I'm also glad it will start up next year.

marli
September 3rd, 2008, 10:47 AM
nope no excited !!!!

only sga excited me !

brihana25
September 3rd, 2008, 11:20 AM
If they were relying on the existing fan base to keep the new show afloat then they might be concerned, but chances are they're not.

I agree. If they were making it for us, then they might be concerned with what we think. But they aren't, so I seriously doubt they care.

Infinite-Possibilities
September 3rd, 2008, 11:34 AM
Only a very little bit. I'd be much more excited if Atlantis was still going on, AND it didn't sound like they were trying to get younger viewers. I would not be right to render a full judgment until the show is out but I'm not certain I've ever seen a change in that direction that decidedly made a franchise superior. People grow up, not down.

ciannwn
September 3rd, 2008, 11:57 AM
No I'm not. I'm just hoping that it will be better than the dismal attempts so far to make people want to watch it.

any_gopher
September 3rd, 2008, 12:46 PM
You know, I have a hunch that most of those "no" votes are the same lump of people voting over and over...

My vote is "yes".

Ikaros
September 3rd, 2008, 01:11 PM
Just visited MGM's official website. Their latest poll is "Are you excited about Stargate Universe?"

Edit: Just thought I'd add although I'm curious no information has been dished out yet that has gotten me excited.

It was 86%forNo when i puted my little vote in it to. No, of course NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Buck32
September 3rd, 2008, 02:52 PM

I'm not really all that excited about SGU but i i probably will watch the first episode out of morbid curiosity, just to see what they thought was so fantastic they had to cancel SGA!!!

Ikaros
September 3rd, 2008, 03:01 PM
And you'll give them a point at rattings that night.....

akren
September 3rd, 2008, 03:10 PM
In a word: YES (or as :hammond: would say 'Yeah Ha!'). :D

brihana25
September 3rd, 2008, 04:56 PM

Unless he has a Nielsen box, no, he won't.

the fifth man
September 3rd, 2008, 05:38 PM
While I am of course going to miss Atlantis, yeah, I am excited for Universe. I want to see what Brad and Rob have come up with this time.

Infinatus
September 3rd, 2008, 06:17 PM

Unless he has a Nielsen box, no, he won't.

Also even if he has a Nielsen box if he absolutely hates the pilot he won't watch the second episode, but if he does like it enough I'm sure it wouldn't bother him to keep giving them ratings points.

Constanza
September 4th, 2008, 12:17 PM
I wouldn’t say excited… I was very mad at the beginning; now I’m just curious. I’m happy it starts next summer, though (not much waiting before we can see the final result)

JadedWraith
September 4th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Not really. I hope they're intelligent enough to come up with something more appealing than "OC in Space".
I just think the timing for this, as in presenting a new show as some form of compensation for loosing a beloved current one, is all wrong.
Yet, my position about it is: wait and see.

Alteran of Atlantis
September 4th, 2008, 02:00 PM
I admit that I am pretty excited about Universe. I am still angry that Atlantis was cancelled, and I will be watching my DVDs over and over again as much as I can, but Universe sounds pretty interesting.

But the younger audience thing? I'm fourteen for crying out loud! How much younger do TPTB want me to be? How can you make a show for a younger audience when it attracts them already?

Jackie
September 4th, 2008, 07:30 PM
Excited? Hm, no not the word I would use.

I'm welcoming the new series but not excited like a little kid waiting for Christmas with constant reminder of a decorated pine tree in my house.

I haven't been excited about a TV show in a very long time. Not since I was a teenager. A show is just a form of entertainment. But so is gambling and tptb are gambling with this show.

I'm more interested to see how it fairs than its arrival. With an over all disapproval from you fans already there it will be interesting to see how tptb spin things to get fans to watch their new series.

I full expect a massive add campaign to be launched and a well, well, well, known actor for the lead. It will be the only way this series would have a chance.

EvenstarSRV
September 4th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Yep, I'm looking forward to SGU. I gave Stargate SG-1 a chance and loved it. I gave Atlantis a chance and enjoyed it. So I'm optimistic that I'll also like Universe. :)

JadedWraith
September 5th, 2008, 09:16 AM
But the younger audience thing? I'm fourteen for crying out loud! How much younger do TPTB want me to be? How can you make a show for a younger audience when it attracts them already?

LOL! Perhaps they're aiming at the Sesame Street or Teletubbies audience...

Yep, I'm looking forward to SGU. I gave Stargate SG-1 a chance and loved it. I gave Atlantis a chance and enjoyed it. So I'm optimistic that I'll also like Universe. :)

It's probably the best way to look at it. But I am a bit cranky to be forced to change my allegiance again in such a sort period of time (in my neck of the woods, SG1 ended last December...).

SGAtlantisP60
September 5th, 2008, 09:19 AM
yes i want to see how it turns out

I_haz_a_Cookie
September 5th, 2008, 10:25 AM
ill give it a couple episodes but i will NEVER EVER forget the insta betrayal for canning SGA for SGU NEVER

Laura Dove
September 5th, 2008, 10:36 AM
A question is: If SGU proves to be good after all, are they going to cancel it too before it reaches its full potential?

GhostPoet
September 5th, 2008, 10:37 AM
I'm actually excited about the new show. I think it has a lot of potential.

Jackie
September 5th, 2008, 11:11 AM
A question is: If SGU proves to be good after all, are they going to cancel it too before it reaches its full potential?

ep, for the forth series...Stargate 90210

GhostPoet
September 5th, 2008, 11:12 AM
STARGATE: Daycare.

Kmael
September 5th, 2008, 01:06 PM
I'll probably be excited about it once my anger and depression from the cancellation of Atlantis wears off.

EvenstarSRV
September 5th, 2008, 09:05 PM

I personally didn't really see the 'younger audience' comment as referring to the age of the potential viewers, but more about having SGU not be quite as family-friendly as SGA and SG-1.

I think they're aiming for the the BSG audience, with the SGU storylines probably being darker and edgier.

akren
September 5th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Curious, excited & supportive; can't wait to see how it turns out (it better be good! :P *lol*).